PDA

View Full Version : Am I Losing It? Where's The EXP?

Rastignac
07-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Last night I was playing my cousin's Erudite Enchanter. He's level 12. I was killing mummies and skelies at the undead tower in LFay. I was getting no more than 1 blue tick per dark blue con! That seems crazy to me.

Beforehand, he was playing his toon while grouping with my brother, who is a level 14 Necro. They were at sisters. He gained only two yellow bubs in the time my brother went from 14 to 15. Brother is an erudite too.

I may just have been away from the game too long, but it seems like he is leveling far more slowly than those around him.

Thoughts?

Temin
07-15-2013, 10:41 AM
While on my 24 wiz in Mistmoore last night I thought the xp was going pretty fast

lecompte
07-15-2013, 10:46 AM
My money says you had a pet, and it was taking 90% of the experience or more cause you didn't deal any damage to it. Or it was taking 50% of the exp cause it was dealing mroe than half the damage. If you group with someone, this isn't the case.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 11:20 AM
My money says you had a pet, and it was taking 90% of the experience or more cause you didn't deal any damage to it. Or it was taking 50% of the exp cause it was dealing mroe than half the damage. If you group with someone, this isn't the case.

This, although the grouping thing is weird.

Rastignac
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Can't believe I forgot about the pet exp thing, I play a mage and am good at managing it with him, but I was a total newcomer to enchanters.

That still leaves the question of why he is leveling so slowly in group! My brother and I are trying to get him up to our level (15/16) so that we can all travel and play together, and it seems to be dragging on forever. If they were duoing sisters, and my cousin was 12 and my brother was 14, both erudites (chanter / necro), why would the 14 be gaining levels faster? Makes no sense to me.

Also, if I am babysitting them, staying out of group so as not to leech exp, can i begin attacking mobs when they drop to like %40? Or will that take away exp.

Basically, and I asked this in another post before, what's the best way for us to get him up to 15 without gaining exp ourselves? Take him back to minos in steamfont?

Thanks for the help guys.

Raavak
07-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I dunno. Just finish off mobs for him. Or somehow kite stuff for him. Mages and pre-fd necros are not the best pl'ers but there's gotta be a way. And your levels aren't so high that he can't catch up pretty fast.

Yes, if you do less than half the damage you shouldn't KS. Don't overnuke, because I think your killshot is counted for full dmg even if the mob had 1 hp left.

lecompte
07-15-2013, 12:59 PM
You can kill the mob when the people in the group have done half or more damage. There is something strange about charm pet damage not counting fully towards the group so it isn't hard and fast and you'll need to experiment.

Easiest way to level him would be... goblin ears in HHK? Have him be in a group with someone (anyone) who isn't in the zone so the pet exp thing is circumvented then have the two people helping him be ungrouped. Wait for the mobs life to drop to around 60% then finish it. So long as the damage gets split between the two other people the one who dealt 40% will get the xp.