PDA

View Full Version : RMT and the responsibility.

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 04:41 AM
Ive been on this server for quite a while... The people I've met have for the most part come and gone quite often and rarely do I see anyone stay but the population seems to stay the same...

I just now saw someone that I remember linking a certain website in the discussion of guild chat that is now stripped of all droppable gear and there is no mention of his account being sold on the forums.

I goto the website and lo and fucking behold, sold for RMT.

Upon further investigation theres still a shitload of RMT going on, on this server and I came to the conclusion that if the people on this server want RMT punished...

We need to take matters into our own hands. Over 1,000 people play p99 and we're all expecting 1 person(ephi) to handle it all?

Impossible.

The only way I see RMT being removed from this server is if its impossible for players to find legit buyers that wont just chargeback after ratting their shit to the admins.

This person in particular wants things done exclusively with western union, which would make busting his ass this way impossible, someone would end up having to take a loss. 500k plat is not chump change and for someone to have been selling a shitload of plat like this for MONTHS? Simply fucking amazing.

Project 1999 Platinum (500k) for sale

I have 500k PP for sale on project 1999 blue server.

rates

20k min purchase. Better rates per higher quantity.

all pm's get auto-linked to my email and will respond instantly...thank you!

all payments on paypal/western union and will speak to you via phone/skype before purchases if requested.

*PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT ITEMS, I ONLY HAVE PLATINUM**

------------- EDIT 6/5/13 IMPORTANT UPDATE --------------------

As of today, I have updated requirements for transactions moving forward due to the recent swing of scammers and scamming attempts.

All orders > 50K must be paid by Western Union ONLY. I live 2 minutes from a WU office, so once I get cash in hand, I will transfer plat (the total process time from me receiving cash and you receiving platinum will be 10 minutes). No special requests to receive a portion of platinum before payment is fully received are to be asked. If you don't think I'm a trusted seller by all the feedback in the past 6+ months, then don't bother PMing me about platinum. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 05:02 AM
Let me expand on this too...

How does one routinely get 500k plat every couple weeks on p99?

You sure as fuck aren't sitting in ec tunnel reselling things.

You get it by selling epic MQs and high end droppable raid gear (AoN's for example)

You cant just farm this shit in supremacy. You have to have friends and be relatively well geared, dare I say... raid geared.

To expand on that thought, not just any guild has the opportunity to even attempt said raids, except TMO/IB/FE.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 05:16 AM
I'm telling you, the way to break this is to involve the IRS. Get all the information you can and send an email. They're going to be pretty interested in $1000's passing under the tax radar over several years, and they have the power to get the details.

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 06:00 AM
your retarded if you dont believe that people who sit in EC can make 100-200k a WEEK just flipping shit when thats all they do, without even breaking a sweat. then take someone who is sweating and has the backing of said other possibilities, high end raid farming etc

believe.it.

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Why is RMT bad for the server, sirken?

On another emulated server I played on prior to coming back to P99 it was strictly banned and CONSTANTLY monitored by observing the daily amount of gold acquired and who had the most gold.

RMT is bad in ways that most dont even understand. Most think its just not right for people to get things so easily without working for them. A moral standpoint.

The real evil of RMT is in acquiring the currency to even begin to sell.

When a person decides they want to sell items for real money, the entire perspective of the game changes. It isn't about dropping a raid boss for the first time, or hitting that next level or even seeing the world. It is simply, where can I go to make the most money for the least amount of effort/time.

24/7 farming for no reason other than to make $$$.

Some say, it doesn't hurt the economy, it isnt CREATING any influx of currency and doesn't affect anyone but that is where you're wrong.

Why are all these people constantly farming epic quest drops? Why is it, in the years that I have played p99 have I never seen a naggy/vox pick up raid? Why is it that acquiring a bard/war epic is a pipe-dream? Is it RMT? Or do these guilds that are completely decked out in BIS gear really need more plat? Perhaps the price of peridots is just an unimaginable drain on guild banks that they simply go through hundreds of thousands in a single plane of fear raid.

P99 has been around a long fucking time and with practically no currency sinks it has stagnated to retarded proportions of platinum in the market.

Without taking the RMT situation seriously and making it a constant priority the damage will be(if not already) impossible for new players to even compete without succumbing to RMT themselves. The end-game will forever be a ghost town.

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 06:03 AM
your too late :(

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 06:03 AM
your retarded if you dont believe that people who sit in EC can make 100-200k a WEEK just flipping shit when thats all they do, without even breaking a sweat. then take someone who is sweating and has the backing of said other possibilities, high end raid farming etc

believe.it.

I am an EC flipper and I am damn fucking good at it but to the tune of 500k every other week? While still holding on to the necessary wealth to continue flipping? Nah

What I have seen tho, is random lvl 1's with an Amulet of Necropotence for sale for cooincidently 500k.

EDIT: It has also in the past few months become nearly impossible to make the kind of plat reselling that you once could because of how MANY resellers there are now. At most you had maybe 3-4 people daily as obvious tradesmen. Now theres literally 15-20 people there, every day buying shit asap and overcharging on everything. The days of making more than 100k a week are gone...at least for now.

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 06:09 AM
some people dont have a life, and thus are living it in EQ

ogod....

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 06:10 AM
gd it harrison reposting that shit lol stopit

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 06:26 AM
bro, dont be posting our private messages mkay? lol like you cant put anyones name on the top of that

but thanks for the vote of confidence

Nyrod
07-15-2013, 06:29 AM
/yawn

come up with something more entertaining pls lol why dont you tell us who really wrote it

sirken already denied being the author

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Well if you have evidence of RMT going on, report it to the staff. What else can they really do aside from act information players give them? I think it is taken seriously, but let's be honest, the staff doesn't have time to review every single trade that goes on here and as soon as it came out that they did "flag" certain trades people will find a way around it such as breaking it up into smaller transactions etc.

Coming up with a way to enforce a ban on account trades would go a long way to stop a lot of it. But it is always going to happen, shit I remember people using global auction when this server was new "WTB MANA$TONE!". And if people were willing to spend real cash on items in an emu server that had been out for 3-4 months....they are certainly willing to do it now.

Barkingturtle
07-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Make everything no-drop, imo. Plat included.

Cords
07-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Let me expand on this too...

How does one routinely get 500k plat every couple weeks on p99?

You sure as fuck aren't sitting in ec tunnel reselling things.

You get it by selling epic MQs and high end droppable raid gear (AoN's for example)

You cant just farm this shit in supremacy. You have to have friends and be relatively well geared, dare I say... raid geared.

To expand on that thought, not just any guild has the opportunity to even attempt said raids, except TMO/IB/FE.

Have you ever watched level1undercon's video's, he has a video about buying and selling in EC tunnel, and vendor loot flipping, allowing him to be able to buy some decent gear for his SK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfkIVJhV9gk

If you sat in EC and checked Freeport merchants I don't see over time 500k being hard to get. I know people who sit in ocean of tears killing seafury cyclopses all day for gems, and researching supplies to sale. Money can come easy if you work for it, or flip gear in EC tunnel.

That would make the game pointless. The economy is what allows people who don't have the means to hunt in certain locations to be able to get equipment that they need.

Zereh
07-15-2013, 08:29 AM
I guess selling shit for $ is "classic"?

Mattius
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM
RWT will likely never be fully banished sadly, but there surely could be more done and more could be looked in to about prevention and discouragement. Not bashing any dev's or anything just saying, a lot more things can be done to help, and that involves the cooperation of rule abiding players as well.

LordSterben
07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
I guess selling shit for $ is "classic"?

I started playing Everpatch a few months before Velious and there were tons of people eBaying accounts and plat already. A friend of mine paid $160 for 10kpp iirc.

Mith Marr server. I was briefly in Afterlife. Anyone remember Guru Brigade and the Trusted Elves? Lol

A1551
07-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Ephi just broadcasted in game that another wave of RMT bans is hitting :D

Ephi is my hero.

Coolname
07-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Ephi just broadcasted in game that another wave of RMT bans is hitting :D

Ephi is my hero.

RMT bans targeting "buyers" is pretty pointless... Its like arresting the crackheads while the dealers, growers and middle men go free.

I still wonder why the same people are always farming fungi's all day.. I mean these people have best in slot gear and very little to no use for plat. Yet they need to corpse bank 10-12 fungi's per day? really?

Ephi
07-15-2013, 10:31 AM
I ban the sellers first. Then ban the buyers. Everyone gets banned.

Droog007
07-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Ban them Ephi! Ban them hard - Ban them FOWEVAH!

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Terrible idea, just ban everyone trying to sell stuff in EC.

kylok
07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
bump for shameless stream plug >.>

Barkingturtle
07-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Terrible idea, just ban everyone trying to sell stuff in EC.

Remove the zone; problem solved.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 11:14 AM
RMT bans targeting "buyers" is pretty pointless... Its like arresting the crackheads while the dealers, growers and middle men go free.

I still wonder why the same people are always farming fungi's all day.. I mean these people have best in slot gear and very little to no use for plat. Yet they need to corpse bank 10-12 fungi's per day? really?

You have a skewed sense of the rate at which fungi tunics drop if you think anyone is getting double digit drops in a day.

You might get 3-4 in a 24 hr period, which is why people farm them for hours on end. Once you have been at the camp for 8 hours with no drops you get into serious gambler's fallacy where you keep saying "F*** this sh**, if I leave now 3 tunics will drop in a row and some other a** hole will get all of them!".

=P

ANYWAY, the RMT ban-waves are good --- but at the same time did they really announce that bans were coming before they hit? That seems counter-intuitive?

lecompte
07-15-2013, 11:16 AM

I'm just addressing the, now defunct, fungi camp. The same people are always farming it all day because when you get the camp you don't give it up. By no means do the people at fungi have best in slot or need best in slot to do the camp. And yes -- people need the plat to buy their epics / haste items. Know how many fungi's are there are to a ranger epic atm? 14. Thats at least two and a half days solid in fungi camp wherein I get EVERY one that drops.

Lyra
07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
RMT bans targeting "buyers" is pretty pointless

No

As word spreads buyers are losing accounts they paid real money cash for, there will be less buyers.

Congratulations on your recent life changes Ephi and welcome back :) Was a rough weekend on the server, and this news really brightens my day.

Masakizt
07-15-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm telling you, the way to break this is to involve the IRS. Get all the information you can and send an email. They're going to be pretty interested in $1000's passing under the tax radar over several years, and they have the power to get the details.

Do this.. then in turn push all of the american sellers out of business via tax fraud and us non US continental folk can make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just jokes, most likely would be taken over by chinese, rmt bad, blah blah

<3

Gel Mibson
07-15-2013, 11:26 AM
it's not fair to say that Staff aren't doing anything...OP, did you know Staff took down the great Platlord a few months ago and his confidants? That was like I heard over 10Million Platinum circulating in the game. I'm not sure how this guy's bankroll you mentioned compares to Platlords, but staff took down Pablo Escobar of p99 and that is great progress.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 11:31 AM
I just now saw someone that I remember linking a certain website in the discussion of guild chat that is now stripped of all droppable gear and there is no mention of his account being sold on the forums.

I goto the website and lo and fucking behold, sold for RMT.

When people say crap like such a square because I have no idea what the website is and/or don't care to bother trying to figure it out.

=P

That said, I feel like you would have to be nuts to RMT accounts given that whenever a higher end account is sold people generally have an idea of the char name, as exampled by the OP. You might be able to RMT lower level accounts but by the time someone hits 60 someone generally knows who you are and the GMs seem to put a good effort into building up lists of banwave targets.

Buying plat on the other hand seems like something that would be easier to get away with given you can just create a string of new accounts to launder it through if you really wanted to put the effort into it.

Stabbyjoe
07-15-2013, 11:41 AM
This is what he lost last time. If the list is anywhere near this on the next banwave.. there's something wrong.
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Blade of the Black Dragon Eye
Blade of the Green Dragon Eye
Bladestopper
Bladestopper
Blood Ember Breastplate
Blood Ember Greaves
Blood Ember Greaves
Blood Ember Greaves
Bloody Griffon-Hide Wrist
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Brass Knuckles
Brass Knuckles
Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Greaves
Cobalt Greaves
Cobalt Greaves
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crown of King Tranix
Crown of King Tranix
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Greaves
Deepwater Greaves
Deepwater Greaves
Donal's Chestplate of Mourning
Donal's Leggings of Mourning
Dragon Hero Bracer
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nighwalker
Elder Spiritist's Breastplate
Elder Spiritist's Greaves
Enshrouded Veil
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Flowing Black Silk Sash
Flowing Black Silk Sash
Fungi Covered Great Staff
Fungus Covered Great Staff
Fungus Covered Scale Tunic
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Green Dragon Scales
Green Dragon Scales
Green Dragon Scales
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Iksar Hide Boots
Iksar Hide Boots
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Greaves
Incarnadine Greaves
Insignia Protector
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Breastplate
Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Kylong Gauntlets
Locket of Escape
Locket of Escape
Mana Robe
Mana Robe
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Mrylokar's Breastplate
Mrylokar's Chestplate
Mrylokar's Chestplate
Mrylokar's Greaves
Mrylokar's Greaves
Mrylokar's Greaves
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Oggok Cleaver
Oggok Cleaver
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Red Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales
Ringed Mace of the Ykesha
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Faith
Rod of Faith
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Sarnak Battle Shield
Sarnak Battle Shield
Sash of the Dragonborn
Sibliscian Berserker Cloak
Singing Steel Breastplate
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Staff of the Dreaded Gaze
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch
Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
White Dragonscale Cloak
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
Withered Learther Boots
Wurm Scale Coat

Alarti0001
07-15-2013, 11:43 AM
This is what he lost last time. If the list is anywhere near this on the next banwave.. there's something wrong.
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Bladestopper
Bladestopper
Blood Ember Breastplate
Blood Ember Greaves
Blood Ember Greaves
Blood Ember Greaves
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Brass Knuckles
Brass Knuckles
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Greaves
Cobalt Greaves
Cobalt Greaves
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crown of King Tranix
Crown of King Tranix
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Greaves
Deepwater Greaves
Deepwater Greaves
Dragon Hero Bracer
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nighwalker
Enshrouded Veil
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Flowing Black Silk Sash
Flowing Black Silk Sash
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Green Dragon Scales
Green Dragon Scales
Green Dragon Scales
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Iksar Hide Boots
Iksar Hide Boots
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Greaves
Incarnadine Greaves
Insignia Protector
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Kylong Gauntlets
Locket of Escape
Locket of Escape
Mana Robe
Mana Robe
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Mrylokar's Breastplate
Mrylokar's Chestplate
Mrylokar's Chestplate
Mrylokar's Greaves
Mrylokar's Greaves
Mrylokar's Greaves
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Oggok Cleaver
Oggok Cleaver
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Red Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Faith
Rod of Faith
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Sarnak Battle Shield
Sarnak Battle Shield
Sash of the Dragonborn
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
White Dragonscale Cloak
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
Withered Learther Boots
Wurm Scale Coat

Jeremy has more Fungi tunics

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 11:46 AM
The only thing they can really do is be more thorough when they DO catch someone to go through everyone they've ever traded with and look for high amounts of plat/high end items being given without anything in return imo.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Locket of Escape
Locket of Escape
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Annihilation
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger

The amount of no-longer drop items in that list is disgusting (30 mana stones??).

Outside of duping items or straight up pulling plat out of your ass I cannot begin to fathom how anyone could accumulate all these items let alone the millions of plat and millions more in other items (multiple donals bp, cofs, puppet strings blah blah blah)

-edit-

Over 25 mil plat + all those items... that is what I imagine the TMO bank looks like =P (NOT MAKING RMT ACCUSATIONS OF TMO BTW)

enr4ged
07-15-2013, 12:01 PM

So next time you do one of these ban waves... please announce who got banned and what you took out of the economy, otherwise it just sounds like talk and the people who were "banned" are back on the game in a couple months.

Descent
07-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Jesus,

I can see why RMT is so popular, can you imagine how much 1,000,000 plat on this server goes for in US Dollar? I don't know what the market value is per 1k, but even at 50 cents a K. Thats a hell of ALOT of money.

I am in the wrong buisness for sure.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 12:08 PM
So next time you do one of these ban waves... please announce who got banned and what you took out of the economy, otherwise it just sounds like talk and the people who were "banned" are back on the game in a couple months.

+1 for that, names should be made public =P

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Ok serious question and not an accusation....When one guild has a pretty much lock on all high end item spawns at what point with infinite amounts of plat does the motivation to keep going stop unless it's going for RMT?

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Ok serious question and not an accusation....When one guild has a pretty much lock on all high end item spawns at what point with infinite amounts of plat does the motivation to keep going stop unless it's going for RMT?

Ding ding!

Hawala
07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Ding ding!

DING~!

Descent
07-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Ding ding!

How the hell does that work tho? Do they split the comission among all guildies?

Hawala
07-15-2013, 12:24 PM
How the hell does that work tho? Do they split the comission among all guildies?

I'm sure only a few of them actually make any money off of it. Like Faggezan.

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 12:25 PM

I would highly doubt that if it were happening there would be more than a few involved.

Alarti0001
07-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm sure only a few of them actually make any money off of it. Like Faggezan.

Are you sure?

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Well the way their DKP system works people are motivated to go to raids/track in order to buy stuff from the bank which can then be sold/used to twink which allows people to raid/track spawns vs farming plat and in the end come out of it with a positive guild contribution & personal gains. IE track mobs for hours, buy a donals BP from bank, sell it for 600k, win, while at the same time being the guy who puts in 24 hour shifts tracking raid mobs =P

Because of that, it puts them in a position where in order to keep membership going they actually need to keep killing crap they don't "need" because there is always someone who will log in to kill a dragon in order to eventually be able to throw epics on a level 1 ranger alt.

Dirtnap
07-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Are you sure?

You have to keep people quiet when they find out. So you have to cut them in to seal the deal. That or put a hit on them, so they can't squeal.

Barkingturtle
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
We might as well try banning TMO. At least for a few months.

Edame
07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
It's crazy the amount of items he has amassed. I assume this means that the demand for them is large enough to justify that inventory. Are there really that many buyers out there?

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Btw holy fuck at that list and that's not a guild bank :P

No guild bank has all those Sib zerker cloaks

Shame to see all those BotBDE going down the ban toilet

Vaildez
07-15-2013, 12:40 PM
It's crazy the amount of items he has amassed. I assume this means that the demand for them is large enough to justify that inventory. Are there really that many buyers out there?

Yeah that's kind of what baffles me as well... With population topping out around 1k at peek I have a hard time believing there's that many RMT buyers...

Descent
07-15-2013, 12:43 PM
How to become a millionaire.... RMT in p99.

Samoht
07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Shame to see all those BotBDE going down the ban toilet

my heart broke when i got to the three fungi staves...

but then...

2 RoAs

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

LordSterben
07-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Hell yes. I'm pretty new around here but if you're serious and not just paying lip service to stop the complaints, I like you!

eBaying had a major role in destroying EQ, but over the course of playing off and on for about ten years, I've seen many people partake. In fact, when I wanted to get back into it about five years ago, I lost my account info and had to start fresh. With the starting-level game ruined by tutorials, empty newb zones, bad economy, etc. I bought a few kpp to get myself started (I also figured with as much time as I had put into the game previously, I had paid my dues.)

After I leveled my rogue and practically solo'd his epic in a couple of weeks, I never thought I'd play EQ again...until I found P99. The reason I joined is because I wanted that experience before the ruined economy, tutorials and bad expansions. I also wanted fair play and people playing.chars that they actually leveled.

I was really close to donating to P99 because you're offering a free game that rivals most of what is out there right now. Unfortunately, this little expose from Systolic is making me wonder what awaits me at higher levels. When you take measures to limit the game-breaking corruption I (we) do appreciate it!

Gadwen
07-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Remove the zone; problem solved.

Official community endorsed solution to RMT: Ban sale of all goods and remove EC from the game.

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Edame
Yeah that's kind of what baffles me as well... With population topping out around 1k at peek I have a hard time believing there's that many RMT buyers...

Well I think two things are at play,

1) controlling the value of rare items by hoarding rare, no longer dropping items. If someone wants a manastone they can RMT it or they can pay an inflated plat price. It also makes it so if he needed plat (which apparently he was pretty good on) it would be somewhat easy to liquidate since he had the majority of the available rare items.

2) The game is about pixels, so who wouldn't want to have a bag full of rare shit? I would imagine hoarding items becomes kind of an addiction (Stabby said as much himself).

The real question is who buys all this shit? I have a good job and if I wanted to I could drop $200 on plat but geeze, it is a god damn emu! I can understand a new player RMTing a few thousand plat to get started but who the heck is driving the market for items worth hundreds of thousands of plat. My only guess is the major business was moving plat and the items were all considered investments.

Lopretni
07-15-2013, 01:59 PM
The real question is who buys all this shit? I have a good job and if I wanted to I could drop $200 on plat but geeze, it is a god damn emu! I can understand a new player RMTing a few thousand plat to get started but who the heck is driving the market for items worth hundreds of thousands of plat. My only guess is the major business was moving plat and the items were all considered investments.

If there IS fishy shit going on, I can only see it playing out in two ways.

1) Platlord and the server are part of some kind of money laundering scheme, whether the server staff is aware of it or not

OR

2) Account buys plat/items. Account gets banned. Player is more than welcome to make a new account, however. Account buys plat/items. Account gets banned. etc. If people doing the banning are benefiting financially from such a cycle...

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 02:04 PM
You know what's weird. Tiggle on his stream admitted TMO still does Naggy for Bladestoppers when people were criticizing them for doing it in chat. Check out the value of a Bladestopper on Platlord's page: it's one of two top value items at ~$500+

Now I'm not accusing, just pointing out a certain synchronicity...

Swish
07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
You know what's weird. Tiggle on his stream admitted TMO still does Naggy for Bladestoppers when people were criticizing them for doing it in chat. Check out the value of a Bladestopper on Platlord's page: it's one of two top value items at ~$500+

Now I'm not accusing, just pointing out a certain synchronicity...

This is becoming a very insightful discussion. Where else does someone get them?

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 02:23 PM
If there IS fishy shit going on, I can only see it playing out in two ways.

1) Platlord and the server are part of some kind of money laundering scheme, whether the server staff is aware of it or not

Imagining Tony Soprano & Nilbog meeting at Bada Bing discussing how he can pay off his gambling debts through laundering money through his emulator server.

My nephew Christopher will be on your staff as the main GM to keep an eye on everything

OOOOH!

Lord Traxor
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Honestly, I think the server admins should just lift the prohibition on it and run it themselves and put the profiteers out of business. It's too entrenched at this stage, and you guys should make something for all the time and effort spent developing the server.

Think of it as bootlegging alcohol back in the day, this is what's going on, and no amount of bans will ever completely stop it.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Honestly, I think the server admins should just lift the prohibition on it and run it themselves and put the profiteers out of business. It's too entrenched at this stage, and you guys should make something for all the time and effort spent developing the server.

Think of it as bootlegging alcohol back in the day, this is what's going on, and no amount of bans will ever completely stop it.

This can never happen because SOE would be all over it. If it was ever done it would have to be done secretly. Cue conspiracy theories...

Lord Traxor
07-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Other Emu servers openly profit, they just solicit "donations" instead of classifying as a direct payment. Hell, one of them has a permanent NPC that acts as the "donation" merchant for grating you bonuses based on said donation, and it's an orange server mind you.

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Don't worry, Sirken won't get banned so RMT will continue to exist.

Ephi
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
^ LOL

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:48 PM

This already happens. You'll see soon.

There are 2 RMT businesses that will remain untouched by this banwave. One is either run by or monitored by Sirken, and the other one is covered up by Ambrotos.

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
^ LOL

Yeah Ephi, laugh, because that's the only way you can contradict me.

The truth is coming.

Ephi
07-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Well hurry up then. You're boring everyone.

Lyra

Systolic
Ephi you seem to have missed the fact that Sirken told me with his own voice that he turned a blind eye to RMT in order to protect the server.

Flamewraith
07-15-2013, 02:51 PM

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:51 PM

I can't yet. Its too easy for it to be covered up at this point.

But thanks for narrowing the field down. It'll be easier for me to prove now.

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Ephi get on IRC please

Alarti0001
07-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Ephi you seem to have missed the fact that Sirken told me with his own voice that he turned a blind eye to RMT in order to protect the server.

You are mis-quoting him. Did you app to FoxNews yet?

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I can't yet. Its too easy for it to be covered up at this point.

But thanks for narrowing the field down. It'll be easier for me to prove now.

Dont post in my thread, this is for real talk. When you decide to contribute something feel free to post and join the discussion, until then... No. You have your own threads for your schizophrenic ramblings.

Space
07-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Amulet of Necropotence
Bladestopper
Bladestopper
Blood Ember Breastplate
Blood Ember Greaves
Blood Ember Greaves
Blood Ember Greaves
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Bone-Clasped Girdle
Brass Knuckles
Brass Knuckles
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cloak of Flames
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Breastplate
Cobalt Greaves
Cobalt Greaves
Cobalt Greaves
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crimson Robe of Alendine
Crown of King Tranix
Crown of King Tranix
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Breastplate
Deepwater Greaves
Deepwater Greaves
Deepwater Greaves
Dragon Hero Bracer
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nightwalker
Edge of the Nighwalker
Enshrouded Veil
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Fingerbone Hoop
Flowing Black Silk Sash
Flowing Black Silk Sash
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Gauntlets of Fiery Might
Green Dragon Scales
Green Dragon Scales
Green Dragon Scales
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hardened Clay Bracelet
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Hierophant's Cloak
Iksar Hide Boots
Iksar Hide Boots
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Imbued Granite Spauldors
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Breastplate
Incarnadine Greaves
Incarnadine Greaves
Insignia Protector
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Jaundiced Bone Greaves
Kylong Gauntlets
Locket of Escape
Locket of Escape
Mana Robe
Mana Robe
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Manastone
Mrylokar's Breastplate
Mrylokar's Chestplate
Mrylokar's Chestplate
Mrylokar's Greaves
Mrylokar's Greaves
Mrylokar's Greaves
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Necklace of Superiority
Oggok Cleaver
Oggok Cleaver
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Puppet Strings
Red Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales
Red Dragon Scales
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Annihilation
Rod of Faith
Rod of Faith
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runebranded Girdle
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Runed Bolster Belt
Sarnak Battle Shield
Sarnak Battle Shield
Sash of the Dragonborn
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Singing Steel Greaves
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Thex Dagger
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
Tranquil Staff
White Dragonscale Cloak
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
White Wolf-Hide Girdle
Withered Learther Boots
Wurm Scale Coat

This list is INSANE. @$.002/plat, I estimate this to be worth about $150, 000.

Stinkum
07-15-2013, 03:10 PM
This list is INSANE. @$.002/plat, I estimate this to be worth about $150, 000.

You make two assumptions here.

#1 - There are enough willing buyers to liquidate his inventory.

#2 - That if he decided to "dump" his inventory on the market, the $0.002/plat rate would not be diluted due to the massive inflation that would occur.

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 03:41 PM
You make two assumptions here.

#1 - There are enough willing buyers to liquidate his inventory.

#2 - That if he decided to "dump" his inventory on the market, the $0.002/plat rate would not be diluted due to the massive inflation that would occur.

Why don't they flag all real drops and delete everything else off the server?

(someone hinted that a lot of his stuff hasn't actually dropped).

xCry0x
07-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Because assuming not everyone that has good gear RMT'd it that would screw over large amounts of innocent players and do nothing to the guy who duped them in the first place?

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 03:53 PM

From my experiences on live, every item had a unique ID attached to it, regardless if you had 2 of the same items. Being this is an emulated server this mechanic might not be in place and there are no checks for multiples of the same Id. Possibly every item just has 1 ID attached to it regardless.

It made duping items almost impossible and the only true way to ever dupe on live was using platinum since it didn't have a unique ID for every platinum piece :)

I haven't even tried due to not giving a shit or wanting to get banned if the known dupes from live work here. More than likely they have been fixed.

If this server does NOT attach a unique ID to every item, I would hope they consider adapting this if at all possible, since it might be a complete overhaul of the database, which might not even be worth the hassle.

Lendel Deeppockets
07-15-2013, 03:58 PM

RevengeofGio
07-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Because assuming not everyone that has good gear RMT'd it that would screw over large amounts of innocent players and do nothing to the guy who duped them in the first place?

Well if you remove them (maybe reoccuring) then it does 3 things:

1) It removes his ability to "create items" (assuming that's what's happening)
2) Regardless of any pain caused to innocent players it would make people less likely to deal with shady looking merchants.
3) Number 2 causes issues for RMTers unloading gear
4) We can for 100% certain track if any guilds are involved.

Spitty
07-15-2013, 04:18 PM
2) Regardless of any pain caused to innocent players

Fuck you, too.

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 04:26 PM
The retroactive checks for duped gear poofing on innocent players was a reality in Diablo 2. When the rust checks were done and on multiple characters of mine being completely naked from pretty much everything being duped lol.

That made me quit to be honest with you.

It worked tho, no longer were SoJs traded but instead the rune system was adapted and truly unique legendary items were non-existant.

If I was in charge after a dupe like that was discovered and the only solution was 90% of the item economy being poofed, it would just be time for a reset...

Id wager a good portion of the player base would be ok with a wipe but there would still be a good chunk of players that would just say fuck it and never play again.

Like I said a week ago, you can't just lose hundreds of thousands of plat and jump back on the horse and do it all over again.

A wipe destroyed vztz.

azxten
07-15-2013, 04:47 PM
RMT will never be stopped in any MMORPG. You also don't need to be concerned about it as it doesn't negatively impact the server community.

The more worrying thing is a combination of cheating and RMT. When someone can amass items/plat through cheating and then they offer it up for RMT they can create hyper inflation in the economy which will essentially force players to RMT if they want to continue playing.

Just throwing that out there. This is how live EQ was essentially destroyed in a couple weeks when it was figured out how to purchase horses from vendors at zero cost allowing you to sell them back for ~50,000 plat over and over.

Platinum became trivial to obtain and the only problem was how to convert it into real money. The simple solution was to sell it cheap, and everyone who knew about this cheat was undercutting each other.

This led to a situation where you could spend $50 and get 1,000,000 platinum. This lead to people paying huge prices for items as only the items still had value since the currency had become illegitimate.

Now anyone who wanted a fungi needed to save up 300,000 platinum or spend $15 instead. It became very obvious which was the better decision.

Don't worry about RMT, worry about the exchange rate between platinum and dollars. If that exchange starts hitting around $10 per 100,000 plat this server will be ruined.

(this post written by someone who bought a house from EQ plat sells on live and developed MQ2)

Spitty
07-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Thank you for your spectacularly biased input.

Rhuma7
07-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Don't worry about RMT, worry about the exchange rate between platinum and dollars. If that exchange starts hitting around $10 per 100,000 plat this server will be ruined.

(this post written by someone who bought a house from EQ plat sells on live and developed MQ2)

Dude who has made enough to buy a house from RMT says dont worry about RMT! Just worry about it when it no longer becomes viable to make money doing it by normal means.

RMT is bad and counter-productive to any server on a small or large scale from sucking the life out of a server by instilling priorities in players to not play the game but by super-sizing the efforts to increase production of currency.

Widan
07-15-2013, 05:03 PM

Live was ruined because when the bazaar first went in there was a dupe method where you could list a stack of items, then take away 19 of those items, and a person could still buy the full stack of 20. Thanks for a long, fabricated post though.

Nirgon
07-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Lol he got Rogean to fix something within a day of first seeing it.

I wouldn't say his efforts were ineffective really.

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 09:01 PM
RMT will never be stopped in any MMORPG. You also don't need to be concerned about it as it doesn't negatively impact the server community.

Snake oil salesmanship or willful naivete, not sure which. RMT destroys games by connecting the ingame economy to the real world one, subverting every system within the game designed to reward effort and which comprise the game, locking up game resources which are farmed endlessly and used to extort the honest player base, and a score of other things that it doesn't take long to think through if you play games instead of exploiting them. It not only "negatively impacts the server community" it ultimately destroys it.

That's why every games company in existence that has a game vulnerable to it employs staff dedicated not only to tracking it down and stopping RMT, but to building economies and designing systems and tools that deter/minimize it. That's why normal players on this server hate it, don't want it, and are angry at those doing it.

It's bad enough playing in the same space as RMT; it's a double insult to have to watch RMTers and those who avail themselves of it come to forums peddling this same self-serving, slimy sanctimonious, inane propaganda.

Lopretni
07-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Thank you for your spectacularly biased input.

I'd also like to add, "Go fuck yourself for ruining a fantastic game."