PDA

View Full Version : Whoever is DDoSing the server is a poo poo head

Portasaurus
07-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeah I said it.

myriverse
07-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Is it still going on? Because I detect no lag or anything.

Portasaurus
07-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Just got the blank server screen for about 10 minutes before I could finally log in. We'll see how long I'm able to play for...

myriverse
07-14-2013, 12:49 PM
A totally blank server screen would be a problem on your end, not the DDoS on P99.

Splorf22
07-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Nah I can't log in but the rest of the internet is there. Seriously who the fuck DDOSes a fucking emulated everquest server? Immersion levels off the charts

Hawala
07-14-2013, 01:37 PM
FYI: DDoS is a federal crime, and if the value of the server is over 500 bucks it's considered a felony. Which means federal prison.

I encourage Rogean to report it to the FBI

Neckbeards gonna get raped.

Aaron
07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Nah I can't log in but the rest of the internet is there. Seriously who the fuck DDOSes a fucking emulated everquest server? Immersion levels off the charts

Clearly you were not around pre-kunark during the worst of the DDoS attacks. That was the constant question: "who the fuck DDoS's an emulated server?!?!?" Apparently, there are people that get off on it. At one point, we didn't know if the server would ever come back up and kinda thought the whole project was scrapped. This will blow over too.

myriverse
07-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Still, the various emu servers are different. A DDoS against P99 would not affect Hidden Forest, for instance, and you would see it listed. So you would not be getting a blank server screen.

And at the same time as you, I was logging on and off just fine.

Adolphus
07-14-2013, 01:50 PM
FYI: DDoS is a federal crime, and if the value of the server is over 500 bucks it's considered a felony. Which means federal prison.

This. Law enforcement can arrest these guys and would love to do it. And considering the revelations on how powerful their cyber-force is, these guys couldn't hide from them for long.

Hopefully it's being reported to the feds.

whukes
07-14-2013, 01:51 PM

Yes the FBI should definitely get involved in a free video game being taken offline. Screw finding people on this list, http://www.fbi.gov/wanted, P99 IS DOWN!

Adolphus
07-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes the FBI should definitely get involved in a free video game being taken offline. Screw finding people on this list, http://www.fbi.gov/wanted, P99 IS DOWN!

People who are committing a crime here aren't likely to stop at just this server . . .

spoils
07-14-2013, 01:52 PM

probably someone who has real money invested in this game...jus sayin...

a plat seller who recently got banned? people mad at tmo? Tmo mad at other guilds trying to win targets?

heh

enr4ged
07-14-2013, 01:59 PM
More than likely just some kid who has just learned how to "hack"...

Adolphus
07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
More than likely just some kid who has just learned how to "hack"...

True, only wish we could see his tears as he's hauled off to federal prison. But alas I don't think they will report it to the authorities.

Dermis
07-14-2013, 02:22 PM

Always love this logic. You know, because the FBI is like five people only able to do one thing at a time. Like the Harlem Globetrotters really, without the multi-colored balls.

Tiggles
07-14-2013, 02:23 PM
These Ddoss attacks are currently timed when ever TMO engages a dragon in VP. I have turned my stream off but they still continued as soon as we engaged only TMO and a few FE in zone.

May be a coincidence but I doubt it

Hawala
07-14-2013, 02:23 PM

It has nothing to do with the fact that it's EQ. It's private property being vandalized across state lines.

Adolphus
07-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Always love this logic. You know, because the FBI is like five people only able to do one thing at a time. Like the Harlem Globetrotters really, without the multi-colored balls.

Exactly. Considering how fucking gigantic the intelligence and federal agencies have become, they're probably looking for more work at the moment, not less . . . lol

TeaReks
07-14-2013, 02:39 PM
I hope he likes the taste of prison food...

... and penis.

-Catherin-
07-14-2013, 02:55 PM
the people that do these sort of things feed off of these reactions. the more we talk about it the longer it will take this individual to get bored of doing it

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-14-2013, 02:56 PM
the people that do these sort of things feed off of these reactions. the more we talk about it the longer it will take this individual to get bored of doing it

+1

rolx
07-14-2013, 03:24 PM
Sorry for a reaction for not being able to log in for 4 days of servers being attacked. Why can't this be stopped? Why did the other thread get deleted?

Swish
07-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Sorry for a reaction for not being able to log in for 4 days of servers being attacked. Why can't this be stopped? Why did the other thread get deleted?

4 days? Other thread name dropped a DDoS site, not surprised it disappeared.

Zade
07-14-2013, 03:28 PM
other thread was deleted because OP was a moran

Descent
07-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Wow I was a moron, because its my fault this server is getting DDoSed, and hacked to hell? when you can kill players from the otherside of the zone, or raid targets. There is a PROBLEM

Timer
07-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Wow I was a moron, because its my fault this server is getting DDoSed, and hacked to hell? when you can kill players from the otherside of the zone, or raid targets. There is a PROBLEM

You listed a site where people can download hacks, yeah that falls within the realm of being a moron.

Descent
07-14-2013, 03:41 PM
You listed a site where people can download hacks, yeah that falls within the realm of being a moron.

Then edit the post, not delete the thread?

Clark
07-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Immersion levels off the charts

Timer
07-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Then edit the post, not delete the thread?

Thread was fairly redundant anyway, how many "stop ddos'ing plox" threads do we really need?

Widan
07-14-2013, 03:43 PM

FYI people don't DDOS from inside America. Read a fucking book.

rolx
07-14-2013, 03:46 PM
4 days? Other thread name dropped a DDoS site, not surprised it disappeared.

Yes since like thursday friday for sure the server has been lagging out all day and night there's no way anyone can deny it. If you play on the server its been un playable all weekend.

abacab-godking2
07-14-2013, 03:49 PM
It's not DDOS. Server needs to be migrated. It will only get worse. Once again, I refer you all to the greatest thread ever created; The Level Of Idiocy.

Frieza_Prexus
07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
FYI people don't DDOS from inside America. Read a fucking book.

What's your point? The individual is still probably within the U.S., and even if he wasn't there is, in theory, no jurisdictional issue.

This is not to say he is in any way likely to be prosecuted, because it's almost laughably unlikely. But, his original point is correct. He's engaging is a federal crime that carries some unpleasant penalties.

myriverse
07-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Yes since like thursday friday for sure the server has been lagging out all day and night there's no way anyone can deny it. If you play on the server its been un playable all weekend.
Meh. You're overstating it. I gained 1.5 levels this weekend.

Rogean
07-14-2013, 03:59 PM
May be a coincidence but I doubt it

It's not a coincidence. That's the only motive I can see to attack the server. You guys incited drama somewhere with another guild and they're fucking the whole server over to get back at you.

A ddos attack only affects the players, it doesn't affect the staff, so logically they wouldn't accomplish anything, nor have I received any ultimatums (which we would ignore anyways.. why would we cater to any demands, it doesn't affect us.. sucks for you guys though).

quido
07-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Have you ruled out platlord?

Descent
07-14-2013, 04:04 PM
It's not a coincidence. That's the only motive I can see to attack the server. You guys incited drama somewhere with another guild and they're fucking the whole server over to get back at you.

A ddos attack only affects the players, it doesn't affect the staff, so logically they wouldn't accomplish anything, nor have I received any ultimatums (which we would ignore anyways.. why would we cater to any demands, it doesn't affect us.. sucks for you guys though).

Wow, and your running this server? This is why someone needs to make another "classic" server, with someone running it who actually cares about his playerbase, this is a horrible way to treat players of your own server.

Without us, there wouldnt be a project99 rogean. So step off the "I am all that" platform buddy.

Awwalike
07-14-2013, 04:05 PM
lols he said call the fbi because someone ddos'ing 17 year old emu game

Nietche
07-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Have you ruled out platlord?

Frieza_Prexus
07-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Wow, and your running this server? This is why someone needs to make another "classic" server, with someone running it who actually cares about his playerbase, this is a horrible way to treat players of your own server.

Without us, there wouldnt be a project99 rogean. So step off the "I am all that" platform buddy.

What would you have him do?

Nietche

I don't buy it.

Clark

He was great 2009-2011, then idk what happened, but he fell off for sure

Hawala
07-14-2013, 04:12 PM
lols he said call the fbi because someone ddos'ing 17 year old emu game

You're retarded. It's not the 17 year old game that the law has anything to do with, it's someone's server that is being vandalized.

Hawala
07-14-2013, 04:12 PM

QFT.

Lanuven
07-14-2013, 04:13 PM
The staff has already said they dont care about the players. If the server is doing well thats all they care about.

If you think a GM or Guide running around live streaming is helping anyone but the server, then you are a fool.

Tiggles
07-14-2013, 04:14 PM

Sucks for us indeed.

mishurza
07-14-2013, 04:16 PM

I think you misread that. Rogean stated that the Ddos attack is directed at TMO raids, not at p1999 itself is what he said. The stated that taking down the server doesnt "hurt" the staff. Since this isn't an income source for them he's absolutely right. He isn't really harmed. It's the people who just want to play the game and have fun that get screwed.

As far as I can tell someone is really really butthurt. It's most likely Shinko or Xerxes considering that the precision timing of the attacks suggest real time intel. My solution would be to ban their accounts until they roll over on the person doing it. If it isn't them I'm willing to bet they know who it is.

Awwalike
07-14-2013, 04:19 PM
You're retarded. It's not the 17 year old game that the law has anything to do with, it's someone's server that is being vandalized.

actually, ask Rogean if there is any legal action he can take against someone that DDoS's his emulated sony everquest server. nope he can't. he can get mad at them ban then and try to keep them away but this shit ain't a business homie.

Descent
07-14-2013, 04:20 PM
What would you have him do?

Maybe not act like a douche all the time? I highly doubt the DDoSing, is not part of a guild rivalry, but maybe due to the GM staff being Nazi's for starters. I understand you need to put your footdown on things, but having GM's call your playerbase "morons" or cursing at them shouldn't be tolerated. I just don't understand that.

Gadwen
07-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Maybe not act like a douche all the time? I highly doubt the DDoSing, is not part of a guild rivalry, but maybe due to the GM staff being Nazi's for starters. I understand you need to put your footdown on things, but having GM's call your playerbase "morons" or cursing at them shouldn't be tolerated. I just don't understand that.

You started a stupid ass troll thread now you are the victim? Awwwww poor you.

Hawala
07-14-2013, 04:26 PM

https://ilt.eff.org/index.php/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act_(CFAA)

Awwalike
07-14-2013, 04:27 PM
random website not clicking, just ask rogean if he can

Nietche
07-14-2013, 04:27 PM

Tyranny is a 2-edged sword. If they care, tyrants can do wonders for, in this case, the server. If they don't, they go play Star Wars.

Descent
07-14-2013, 04:42 PM

I am glad i am not the only one seeing this, if hes really going downhill and tired of us players. Why doesn't he pass the torch, and forget about p99?

Portasaurus
07-14-2013, 04:46 PM
guys guys ... all i wanted to do was discuss the poo poo head nature of the dumb jerk faces who are doing the ddos. let's please direct all of our hatred properly at the assholes actually perpetrating the attack.

the guys who run this game have been doing so for *years* and i'm sure it already feels like a 2nd job for which they volunteer their time and energy. it's a big 24/7 undertaking. let's not turn this into a flame-the-guy-in-charge thread. i dont think there's anything they can really do about what's going on.

radditsu
07-14-2013, 04:55 PM
I think you misread that. Rogean stated that the Ddos attack is directed at TMO raids, not at p1999 itself is what he said. The stated that taking down the server doesnt "hurt" the staff. Since this isn't an income source for them he's absolutely right. He isn't really harmed. It's the people who just want to play the game and have fun that get screwed.

As far as I can tell someone is really really butthurt. It's most likely Shinko or Xerxes considering that the precision timing of the attacks suggest real time intel. My solution would be to ban their accounts until they roll over on the person doing it. If it isn't them I'm willing to bet they know who it is.

Like...you have talked to Shinko before right? I am pretty sure he had to have someone show him how to login to eq.

myriverse
07-14-2013, 04:57 PM
If every disgruntled player suddenly left tomorrow, I think P99 would continue just fine. I doubt it would be the case without the Devs.

In fact, it might even be better without the disgruntled.

Tiggles
07-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Like...you have talked to Shinko before right? I am pretty sure he had to have someone show him how to login to eq.

Like...have you talked to the people who run FEs site and who are friends with Shinko?

I'm pretty sure all he has to do is tell them TMO is raiding.

I doubt Shinko is the one typing the commands.

Rhambuk
07-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Haven't you heard?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114981

You dare openly call rogean a poo poo head on his own forums!? balls, big balls.

webrunner5
07-14-2013, 07:28 PM
If I was Nilbog, Rogean I would just pull the plug on P1999. I am sure in the beginning it sounded like a good idea, but grew more complex with more people on, and more Guides, GM's needed. Then they wanting to get it a lot more Classic has to take a ton of research to do it, not counting the coding.

Then to have a bunch of cheating bastards, NO SURPRISE, and winning ass bastards on the Forums. Wow and now I bet they don't make crap money wise off this anymore even though there are more people on. There is no good ending to this shit. When Velious ever comes out people will bitch this and that is not right. Then when it has been out for 2 years then tons will bitch we want AA's, Cats on the Moon, etc.

These people have real lives, can legally never make any money on this, and you want them to GIVE A SHIT. Yeah right. If I read one more crying ass TMO f'ed us thread on here I will puke. If I read one more Raiding sucks on here thread I will puke. 90% of the people on here doesn't have the time to high end raid in RL. Tell your wife or Boss I was up all night, yeah right.

Just shut the hell up and enjoy what we have. Start your own damn perfect server and we will all be over nagging the shit out of you in game and on the forums. There is some VERY sorry ass people that play on here is all I can say. Both in game and on the Forums. Grow the hell up!!

Nietche
07-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Grow the hell up!!

You've posted in this forum for juveniles well over 1200 times. Just saying.

Mesenkomaha
07-14-2013, 10:15 PM
@Webrunner

Awesome post. Even better avatar though.

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 10:50 PM

Like...have you talked to the people who run FEs site and who are friends with Shinko?

I'm pretty sure all he has to do is tell them TMO is raiding.

I doubt Shinko is the one typing the commands.

Why is it ok for you to jump to conclusions about FE as a guild regarding the DDOS attacks? Imo you're not helping the situation by spreading disinformation about the possible culprit. I used to enjoy your stream btw, but now I'll not be visiting it anymore due to your constant FE bashing and attempts at defamation through speculation.

Tiggles
07-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I used to enjoy your stream btw, but now I'll not be visiting it anymore due to your constant FE bashing and attempts at defamation through speculation.

Will you come onto my stream and tell us what we got wrong about FE?

I have spots open next week.

Nirgon
07-14-2013, 11:02 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-hi-hi-hi-hi-7.png

Nirgon
07-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Justice for Trayvon no doubt

webrunner5
07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
You've posted in this forum for juveniles well over 1200 times. Just saying.

Looks like 1201 times to me.

xarzzardorn
07-14-2013, 11:20 PM
people ddos just to be dicks. ddosing an empty server doesn't accomplish that. random streamers on twitch get ddos'd because of public skype info. dota2 matches have been cancelled because of teams getting ddos'd during matches. blaming FE or TMO for something that only takes 1 person to accomplish is asinine. and it definitely isn't only when tmo is raiding, wherever that is coming from is just stupid confirmation bias

Razdeline
07-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Once IB takes over the server come velious we will have to shoulder the weight of all this griefing. Can't wait!

Systolic
07-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Its clearly TMO's M.O. to defame and bash anyone who comes close to incriminating them, and because so many blind peons on this server dream of suckling the teat of VP they flock to TMO's side no matter how damning the accusation or evidence... and when I talk about evidence, I am not talking about myself, I'm talking about the multiple people who have revealed flagrant cheating from within TMO in the past.

Yardcore
07-15-2013, 02:36 AM
thanks #@$ hole, me and my partner just die, luckily Nessja, the cleric from FE happened to be around to rez us before he left.

Tasslehofp99
07-15-2013, 03:50 AM
people ddos just to be dicks. ddosing an empty server doesn't accomplish that. random streamers on twitch get ddos'd because of public skype info. dota2 matches have been cancelled because of teams getting ddos'd during matches. blaming FE or TMO for something that only takes 1 person to accomplish is asinine. and it definitely isn't only when tmo is raiding, wherever that is coming from is just stupid confirmation bias

I agree.

Razdeline
07-15-2013, 04:04 AM
It's confirmed. Harrison consumed baby fetus's and drank horse steroids and became Systolic.

Dirtnap
07-15-2013, 04:17 AM
It's confirmed. Harrison consumed baby fetus's and drank horse steroids and became Systolic.

Harrison digivolved and there wasn't a front page news thread about it?

webrunner5
07-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Once IB takes over the server come velious we will have to shoulder the weight of all this griefing. Can't wait!

I am seeing that in the making right now. Good point. :eek: Be afraid, be very afraid.

Robben
07-15-2013, 08:18 AM
If I was Nilbog, Rogean I would just pull the plug on P1999. I am sure in the beginning it sounded like a good idea, but grew more complex with more people on, and more Guides, GM's needed. Then they wanting to get it a lot more Classic has to take a ton of research to do it, not counting the coding.

Then to have a bunch of cheating bastards, NO SURPRISE, and winning ass bastards on the Forums. Wow and now I bet they don't make crap money wise off this anymore even though there are more people on. There is no good ending to this shit. When Velious ever comes out people will bitch this and that is not right. Then when it has been out for 2 years then tons will bitch we want AA's, Cats on the Moon, etc.

These people have real lives, can legally never make any money on this, and you want them to GIVE A SHIT. Yeah right. If I read one more crying ass TMO f'ed us thread on here I will puke. If I read one more Raiding sucks on here thread I will puke. 90% of the people on here doesn't have the time to high end raid in RL. Tell your wife or Boss I was up all night, yeah right.

Just shut the hell up and enjoy what we have. Start your own damn perfect server and we will all be over nagging the shit out of you in game and on the forums. There is some VERY sorry ass people that play on here is all I can say. Both in game and on the Forums. Grow the hell up!!

Agreed.

Some guy posted links to hacks and is bitching that his thread got locked and that the devs are "jerks"

GTFO, seriously

Furinex
07-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Bumping due to idiocy returning to greet the server with DDoS attacks once again. Killing my entire group mind you. What the fuck! Go the FUCK away you whiny little bitch. Stop fucking with my fucking free time! Sorry you bought shit with real money or hacked your way into it, but you got caught -- deal with it, move on. Stop being a cunt.

Mythdar
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
You're feeding his fire, with publicity, imo

t0lkien
07-15-2013, 11:59 PM
DDOS is going crazy right now. The lag is stopping everything.

Honest
07-16-2013, 12:06 AM
You're feeding his fire, with publicity, imo

SamwiseRed
07-16-2013, 12:20 AM
quoting is fueling the fire as well

and so is my post.