PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sunday, July 14th, 2013

Rogean
07-14-2013, 06:29 AM
This patch contains new required files. You can obtain the latest EQChanges V28 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv28.zip) zip file, or update via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

Code

Rogean: Fixed an injection that exploited throwing and archery attacks without a delay.
Rogean: Fixed an injection that exploited spell casting from invalid gems.
Kanras: Level 51+ buffs have a limited level range for the target they're being casted on.
Kanras: NPCs have the potential to gate starting at 20% of their health.
Kanras: Rogue hide will function the same as invis + IVU stacked.
Kanras: Non-rogue (racial hide) will function the same as invis.
Kanras: Mobs that see through invis/IVU will similarly see through hide.
Kanras: Added the distinction between direct and indirect hate.
Kanras: Mobs with indirect hate (obtained by another mob yelling for help) on a target cannot yell for help to transfer hate for their target to another NPC.
Kanras: The only way to prevent the transfer of direct hate to another nearby NPC is to be sneaking in the proper area of that NPC's visibility. Invis/IVU/Hide etc. no longer have any impact on whether direct aggro will be transferred.
Kanras: The Lull line of spells will no longer notify the caster when they have worn off.
Kanras: Some mobs now have the ability to scan the surrounding area for new targets while already engaged.

Content

Nilbog: Blue Diamond Jewelry has been changed until Velious. Read more here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=909207&postcount=24
Nilbog: Most high end raid targets will announce to nearby players which player was first to engage. This should help when multiple guilds engage simultaneously.
Nilbog: Tracker Azeal's patrolling form is indifferent to all.
Nilbog: giant fire beetles of west karana are now giant beetles. giant beetles drop giant legs and eyes beginning with the release of the hole (june2000, affects both servers currently). Prior to this, they drop regular fire beetle loot.
Nilbog: Phurzikon spawns properly again.
Nilbog: Sentries of Marr in Freeport drop significantly better loot.
Nilbog: 'Azraxs Legacy' quest is multiquestable.
Nilbog: Enchanted Full Plate Collar can be worn by half elves.
Nilbog: Cure poison can be purchased from vendors in Ak`Anon.
Nilbog: 'Call of the Flame' quest fixed.
Nilbog: Trakanon drops 3-4 teeth commonly, 5 teeth uncommonly, and 2 teeth rarely.
Nilbog: 'Sneed's Rat Infestation' quest fixed.
Nilbog: 'Duster Models' quest in Ak`Anon completely reworked and functional.
Nilbog: Clockworks XVIIC and XIXA adhere to time of day spawns.
Nilbog: Manik Compolten's 'Series C Blackbox' quest now multiquestable. (Amiable or better.) 'Rusted Blackboxes' is multiquestable (Indifferent or better.) Fixed his replies for different faction levels. He also responds when asked for another keycard.
Nilbog: The 'Elite Ledge' area in Blackburrow now looks much better.
Nilbog: Spell 'Lower Element I' will now be known as 'LowerElement'
Nilbog: Wand of Swords has the appropriate number of charges when looted.
Nilbog: icy goblin spawn in permafrost fixed.
Nilbog: Litz B`Div reclaims his classic name: Litz B`Doph
Nilbog: Large Sewing Kits now weigh 3.0.
Nilbog: Elgar Donbrand no longer spawns.
Nilbog: Mana Robe has returned to its classic name : Manna Robe.
Nilbog: Ella Foodcrafter's Runecrested Bowl quest is now Multiquestable.
Nilbog: You may no longer use Stalking Probes in Plane of Sky.
Nilbog: Sirran the Lunatic's level increased to 63.
Nilbog: Eye of Veeshan and Bazzt Zzzt have undergone nerfs. They should be substantially easier.
Nilbog: It no longer rains in Ak'anon.
Nilbog: Water Sprinkler of Nem'Anhk may no longer be clicked from inventory.
Nilbog: fire giant aggro in soldungb has been increased. Beware.
Nilbog: Set a limit on the number of Gullerbacks which can be spawned concurrently.
Nilbog: zombies and madmen of oasis no longer have loving relationships.
Nilbog: Gwan now addresses who spawned him instead of random players.
Nilbog: Corrected the safe coordinates in Qeynos Hills.
Nilbog: Visual appearance updates for several gargoyles.
Nilbog: Reebo Leafway's 'Nillipuss' quest is now multiquestable. Runner's Ring is now a possible reward.
Nilbog: Zone lines between West Cabilis and Lake of Ill Omen work properly.
Nilbog: Deep and Vorash depop after 80 minutes as long as they aren't engaged.
Nilbog: Giants may no longer be stunned or mesmerized.
Nilbog: Tisella has been created. You may rarely encounter her in Lavastorm Mountains.
Nilbog: Oculys Ogrefiend may rarely be found roaming Rathe Mountains once again.
Nilbog: [PvP] Players zoning into Karnor's Castle no longer have issues with temporarily being too far away for melee.
Nilbog: Squire Gristle's penance quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Shezlie Furscale's Scaled Mystic quests are now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Dragons may no longer be stunned or mesmerized.
Nilbog: Belious Naliedin no longer discusses the custom lute.
Nilbog: The ancient croc camp in guktop given additional checks to prevent breaking. Please report any issues you encounter with it.
Nilbog: Gnome warriors no longer have issues turning in their starting note.
Nilbog: Removed tent objects from one of the abandoned goblin camps in lavastorm. Populated the remaining one.
Nilbog: Raster of Guk camp in gukbottom given additional checks to prevent breaking. Please report any issues you encounter with it.
Nilbog: Kaggy Krup no longer spawns.
Nilbog: Added several missing spawns to the Estate of Unrest.
Nilbog: Necromancer blood no longer drops.
Nilbog: The 'Etched Stone' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: Killing Shmendrik Lavawalker spawns a spirit of flame. When spawned, a spirit of flame will attack the closest entity (may include Natasha Whitewater; beware).
Nilbog: Rogues may no longer equip Imbued Granite Spauldors. They will be able to wear them again towards the end of Velious. (Nov2001)
Nilbog: The goblin cave in Frontier Mountains has returned to its classic state and is now inhabited by Burynai.
Nilbog: Trankia's 'Tishan's Kilt' quest is now multiquestable.
Nilbog: iksar bandits should be more common in Field of Bone. Their texture has also been updated.
Nilbog: Butcherblock Chessboard renovated.
Nilbog: Warbone Chips now drop from appropriate npcs. They previously had only one source.
Nilbog: Added several missing spawns to permafrost.
Kanras: Bearskin Potion Bag has had its capacity reduced to SMALL and its weight reduction removed.
Kanras: Updated Lure of Lightning base1 from -640 to -680
Kanras: Druid tracking skill cap has been reduced to 50.
Sundawg: Halas, Erudin City and Erudin Palace based NPCs and factions given overhaul
Sundawg: Magician Epic Pets will no longer enrage at low health. Minor changes to runspeed and magic resistance.
Sundawg: Druids in the Karanas will be more vigilent in protecting wildlife and fighting evil.
Sundawg: Rangers in the commonlands now owe their allegiance to Kithicor, not Surefall Glade.
Sundawg: Undead in Dagnor's Cauldron will no longer flee.
Sundawg: Evil Eyes in East Karana will attack any Gnoll Reavers they come across.
Sundawg: The named Aviaks in South Karana will follow the same rules of faction as their fellow Aviaks.
Sundawg: Mummies in the Deserts of Ro will be more aggressive towards some other non-undead beings. Other undead may assist mummies in battle.
Sundawg: Some NPCs in the Oasis of Marr have had their respawn timer increased.
Sundawg: Kithicor Zombies now thirst for bixie brains.
Sundawg: Most woodsmen of Kithicor Forest have reorganized themselves under the ranger guildmaster Kithicor's leadership.
Sundawg: Many npcs in Kaesora will no longer give faction hits.
Sundawg: Many factionless NPCs have been assigned their faction.
Sundawg: Jahsohn_Aksot will no longer summon pets.
Sundawg: Lowered the faction rewards for helping the Karana werewolf hunters.
Sundawg: The "fantastic four" of North Karana will now take a more active part in ridding the area of evil.
Sundawg: Many of the Elves in the Timorous Deep will now give faction hits.
Sundawg: Sand Giants no longer assist anyone but their own kind.
Alunova: A few minor fixes to pathing in Kedge Keep.
Alunova: A few minor fixes to pathing in The Hole.
Alunova: A few minor fixes to pathing in Lower Guk.
Alunova: A few minor fixes to pathing in Crushbone.
Alunova: A few minor fixes to pathing in Oggok.
Alunova: Removed a pathing exploit in Sebilis.
Alunova: Removed a pathing exploit in Permafrost Keep.
Alunova: Removed a pathing exploit in Dreadlands.
Alunova: Created new pathing for Veeshan's Peak.
Alunova: Created new pathing for Neriak Foreign Quarter.
Alunova: Underwater Goblins in Lake Rathe will now return to their spawn locations correctly.
Alunova: Minor adjustments to pathing in unrest.
Alunova: Corrected pathing for Bouncer Flerb in The Feerrott.
Alunova: Adjusted pathing for the Pyramid area of Cazic-Thule.
Alunova: Several visual and performance improvements to pathing in Nagafens Lair.
Alunova: Several pathing improvements to Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains.

lecompte
07-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Weeeeee... Let the fun begin! Thank you for your efforts.

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 06:43 AM
FTE SHOUTS, YES!

rahni
07-14-2013, 06:47 AM
"Large Sewing Kits now weigh 3.0."

noooooooooooooo.......

Sturgeon
07-14-2013, 06:50 AM

noooooooooooooo.......

FML

dax
07-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Kanras: NPCs have the potential to gate starting at 20% of their health. LOL fun times
and for the kits OMG i wont be able to move when i log in LOL

rahni
07-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Kanras: NPCs have the potential to gate starting at 20% of their health. LOL fun times
and for the kits OMG i wont be able to move when i log in LOL

Yea, looks like its time to buy a few tink bags for my monk and stop messin about with kits.

dax
07-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Yea, looks like its time to buy a few tink bags for my monk and stop messin about with kits.

how much are the tink bags? and isnt that the one that is lore and can only have 1?

Clacung
07-14-2013, 07:07 AM
Tink bags are 5k about, 1 Weight and aren't lore.

dax
07-14-2013, 07:08 AM
lol 5k am SOL

Mounir78
07-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Is there an expected up time?
I'm still fizzling around with the install and was hoping I could test it today ^^

rahni
07-14-2013, 07:09 AM
and vendor purchased so its not like your camping some mob for years, also the value should stick pretty well since well. it does cost 5250 (ish) to buy one

Liburtee
07-14-2013, 07:16 AM
looks like emissary of thule still remains in weak/nerfed stage, or p99 wiki is incorrect on pet strengths. great patch tho, thanks for your combined efforts of hard work!!

kylok
07-14-2013, 07:20 AM
lore 100% weight reduction bag is Large Soiled Bag. Can only put small stuff in it though =/ still a good monk item.

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 07:20 AM

noooooooooooooo.......

ouch!
also, duz ne1 know when the server will b back up?

webrunner5
07-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Not liking the changes to Hide. :eek: And Druid track at 50 now. Wow, not good. :(

Gruen
07-14-2013, 07:22 AM
ouch!
also, duz ne1 know when the server will b back up?

The downtime will be extended another 30-60 minutes.

dax
07-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Not liking the changes to Hide. :eek: And Druid track at 50 now. Wow, not good. :(

ROFL i remember when they did this on live :) i was sooooooooo pissed,Drood nurfs hurt

Furinex
07-14-2013, 07:46 AM
ROFL i remember when they did this on live :) i was sooooooooo pissed,Drood nurfs hurt

GoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooDDAMNIT!

On an unrelated note: Rogean, Does this patch effect the spellsnew.eff at all, and if possible, what changes have been made so I can update the file for the latest patch to correct spell effects.

dax
07-14-2013, 07:48 AM
GoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooDDAMNIT!

i feel your pain, good news tho ;) after 7 years i had finally got over it :D

Silent
07-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Druid track nerf will sure suck, I didn't see anything about invis pulling on there unless im blind though?

Furinex
07-14-2013, 07:56 AM
We get it back, but it was supposed to be a 3 month time period where we didnt have it. Also, Velious drops around the same time as the nerf. But...

Peekayyoo
07-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Druid track nerf will sure suck, I didn't see anything about invis pulling on there unless im blind though?

Kanras: The only way to prevent the transfer of direct hate to another nearby NPC is to be sneaking in the proper area of that NPC's visibility. Invis/IVU/Hide etc. no longer have any impact on whether direct aggro will be transferred.

flagada
07-14-2013, 08:08 AM
I didn't see anything about invis pulling on there unless im blind though?
Here it is :

Jenithia
07-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Kanras: Level 51+ buffs have a limited level range for the target they're being casted on.

Aww, but I lived for buffing newbies. That was my whole appeal.

Estu
07-14-2013, 08:31 AM

;___________;

webrunner5
07-14-2013, 08:38 AM

noooooooooooooo.......

Yeah, now half the Monks in the game will lose 100 AC soon as they log on lol. :eek:

Ele
07-14-2013, 08:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DJOKhZN.gif
http://i.imgur.com/E5RgQfL.gif
http://i.imgur.com/xGsVxe5.gif

arsenalpow
07-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Yeah, now half the Monks in the game will lose 100 AC soon as they log on lol. :eek:

bad monks maybe

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 09:05 AM

Yeah especially since druids are one of the least-balanced classes in game as it is. They aren't even close to a cleric/shaman, unless you consider porting to be equivalent to 70%slow/torpor/haste/statbuffs or rez/ch. However, I still love the druid class either way and will play Tasslehof as my main char until I retire here.

Leaching
07-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Kanras: Bearskin Potion Bag has had its capacity reduced to SMALL and its weight reduction removed.

I have items in my potion bag that are not small, will I be able to get them out?

Labanen
07-14-2013, 09:22 AM
This was 80 in classic.

Bards might ve been 50 not sure about that though.

pallius
07-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Any word on removing extended variance on certain NPCs where it is not warranted?

Thanks for such a quick response to that throwing hack and those other exploits. Should help legit players.

Wildino
07-14-2013, 09:30 AM
This was 80 in classic.

Bards might ve been 50 not sure about that though.

This. Not sure of the exact value ( but between 70 - 80, that, i am sure ) and bard at 50. Druid track was always better than bard track.

Early in the Velious era, druid track got caped to 125.

Ele
07-14-2013, 09:40 AM
This. Not sure of the exact value ( but between 70 - 80, that, i am sure ) and bard at 50. Druid track was always better than bard track.

Early in the Velious era, druid track got caped to 125.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96039&highlight=druid+tracking

Wokchop
07-14-2013, 09:45 AM
All are jealous of Druids and the awesome power they weld. Able to kite reds, SoW, port, track, etc, etc...That is why we have been hobbled.

dax
07-14-2013, 09:46 AM
All are jealous of Druids and the awesome power they weld. Able to kite reds, SoW, port, track, etc, etc...That is why we have been hobbled.

Treepisser!

Lagaidh
07-14-2013, 09:48 AM
*sigh*

Labanen
07-14-2013, 09:54 AM
i found several references to the cap of 50... all pointing to the same source, some old guide. will have to see if i can find some evidence for my claim somewhere. Its alittle difficult since most sites, even on the webarchive, have the 125 cap listed.

Ele
07-14-2013, 09:56 AM
i found several references to the cap of 50... all pointing to the same source, some old guide. will have to see if i can find some evidence for my claim somewhere. Its alittle difficult since most sites, even on the webarchive, have the 125 cap listed.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96039&highlight=druid+tracking

Labanen
07-14-2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96039&highlight=druid+trackingyeah casters realm, thats the old guide, found two other sites that claim 50, but they both point back to that one.

Sirken
07-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Servers up

Ele
07-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Servers up

KC constantly crashing people out.

arsenalpow
07-14-2013, 10:05 AM
server down

Vega
07-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Servers up

Servers down

Mezzmur
07-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Servers down

Still down! :D

HappyTr33z
07-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Was up, then got locked for whatever reason.

pallius
07-14-2013, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8b1XQfGeU

dax
07-14-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y6TqxLmxIo

Wildino
07-14-2013, 10:57 AM

You can stupidly link this again and again, druid track was NOT was is occuring since last patch. Druid track has always been " usefull " and able to track more than a shitty 20 meters area. Deal with it. You found old messages ? kewl. /play 500+ on druid during that era > your internet knowledge.

So keep linking bro, push button again too see ?

Ele
07-14-2013, 11:02 AM
You can stupidly link this again and again, druid track was NOT was is occuring since last patch. Druid track has always been " usefull " and able to track more than a shitty 20 meters area. Deal with it. You found old messages ? kewl. /play 500+ on druid during that era > your internet knowledge.

huh?

had a druid main through PoP, lol

Wildino
Just did some tests again : track range was NEVER so little, witchever skillcap u had.

I remember camping hunter Foragers in TT with a bard during days and days,, pré velious era, weird, i was the tracker puller, cuz he sucked hard ....

Well ...

Aaron

That's kinda how things work around here. Devs rely on proof over "I remember." You need proof. It shouldn't be hard to find if you're right.

Wildino
07-14-2013, 11:04 AM
huh?

I was not expecting something else

Loruk
07-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Nilbog: Large Sewing Kits now weigh 3.0.

In both cases, why was this nerfed?

I just started on this server and scouring for every piece of loot i can hold to sell to buy spells and buying LSK(large sewing kits) was a way to maximize your load. Why change it? Was players crying and dying over this? (HTEF - help the newbie foundation)

Druid track nerfed? The druid is basically this "they gain divine magic from being at one with nature, or from one of several patron gods of the wild" - quoted from Dungeon and Dragons which the debut of EQ was based on. Tracking is a key element of "one with nature" as with rangers being the best as it should be.

Bards with track never made sense to me in following traditional DnD rules.

I dont get these nerfs other than someone's opinion about something without understanding how classes play their role in fantasy roleplay and historical and classic DnD.

Ele
07-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Just did some tests again : track range was NEVER so little, witchever skillcap u had.

I remember camping hunter Foragers in TT with a bard during days and days,, pré velious era, weird, i was the tracker puller, cuz he sucked hard ....

Well ...

If there is an issue with the distance that each skill level provides, then report that, but the skill levels are time line appropriate.

Wildino
07-14-2013, 11:10 AM
If there is an issue with the distance that each skill level provides, then report that, but the skill levels are time line appropriate.

We are ok on this if you want. Skill cap is well time line adapted.

So tracking is not working as it did on past.

If u played a druid from start to pop, log in 5 min, go track random places and tell me what you feel, but never in my druid life, i went to NK, track from ring and only track druids and treants around.

Aaron
07-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Well ...

It cuts off at 20 i believe. In classic, there was no scroll bar so you only saw the top 20.

Aaron
07-14-2013, 11:12 AM
In both cases, why was this nerfed?

I just started on this server and scouring for every piece of loot i can hold to sell to buy spells and buying LSK(large sewing kits) was a way to maximize your load. Why change it? Was players crying and dying over this? (HTEF - help the newbie foundation)

Druid track nerfed? The druid is basically this "they gain divine magic from being at one with nature, or from one of several patron gods of the wild" - quoted from Dungeon and Dragons which the debut of EQ was based on. Tracking is a key element of "one with nature" as with rangers being the best as it should be.

Bards with track never made sense to me in following traditional DnD rules.

I dont get these nerfs other than someone's opinion about something without understanding how classes play their role in fantasy roleplay and historical and classic DnD.

Welcome to the server. Devs make things as they were in classic. Not how they think it should be or for any kind of class balance. Sooner you learn that the better.

Aeolwind
07-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Thanks for playing and take your complaints and attacks to rants and flames. You are apparently new here, so I'd imagine you'll get some slack from the mods for a few minutes.

Wildino
07-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks for playing and take your complaints and attacks to rants and flames. You are apparently new here, so I'd imagine you'll get some slack from the mods for a few minutes.

I see at least 3 bads infos here : Complaints, attack, new player.

Aeolwind
07-14-2013, 11:46 AM

I see at least 3 bads infos here : Complaints, attack, new player.

I suppose we'll disagree then. Perhaps you should just 'reaim' your angst.

If you research one tenth as well as Ele does, I'm certain you will find evidence to back up your claims 5 fold. Certain levels of anecdote are helpful to put the bee in the bonnet so to speak, but cannot be used to develop content. Happy hunting.

Wildino
07-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Certain levels of anecdote are helpful to put the bee in the bonnet so to speak, but cannot be used to develop content. Happy hunting.

It's well know the true story of the world is what is wrote in schoolbooks. Happy developping.

deneauth
07-14-2013, 11:59 AM
"Combine" button missing from Bearskin Potion Bag, 10 dose potions no longer available?

Crazyeye
07-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Worst patch to this date by far WTS 60 rogue

/ragequit

CanadianTSi
07-14-2013, 12:07 PM
"Combine" button missing from Bearskin Potion Bag, 10 dose potions no longer available?

This...

SamwiseRed
07-14-2013, 12:55 PM

/ragequit

Pringles
07-14-2013, 01:07 PM
Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in for this patch! Lots of good changes here.

arsenalpow
07-14-2013, 01:37 PM
is cancel magic not detrimental anymore? Bard was kiting with nothing but proximity aggro and cancel magic did not peel from him

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 01:41 PM
so either somethings messed up of the game just decided 2 hate me. i was in and everything got super laggy. couldnt loot, couldnt stand... i decided to try relogging. now the launcher cant find any servers. is this cuz of the patch, or just my bad luck?

Gustoo
07-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Thank goodness the racial hide nerf only applies to new toons. Otherwise it woulda been pointless me being a halfling..

Pringles
07-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Thank goodness the racial hide nerf only applies to new toons.

Um, no.

Wizerud
07-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Tracking is seriously messed up on my 52 ranger (obviously with 200 tracking skill). Standing in Overthere at the mudpit, previously I would have detected around 150 mobs (all cons selected, no filters). Now I am seeing around 20. I don't think it's the range that's messed up either. I just had General D'Veers walk right past me and he's not on track.

Should ranger track have been affected at all by this patch?

EDIT: Confirmation here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114966

Aaron
07-14-2013, 02:18 PM
It cuts off at 20 i believe. In classic, there was no scroll bar so you only saw the top 20.

Shrubwise
07-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Updated patch files can be *obtained

Sorry. Had to.

Ele
07-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Thank goodness the racial hide nerf only applies to new toons. Otherwise it woulda been pointless me being a halfling..

lol

pharmakos
07-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Aww, but I lived for buffing newbies. That was my whole appeal.

you can still cast your level 1-50 buffs on newbies... the limit is on the level of the spell, not the level of the caster.

Labanen
07-14-2013, 03:23 PM
i just dont consider one single link to an unofficial site proof. Sure preplanar the skill cap was 20, but the servers are not preplanar, we re well into kunark and the cap should not be as low as it has been set, i remember the day they introduced the 125 cap and my track went over 80. In fact when they did introduce the 125 cap there was a bug so you could advance it further, i got to 140 before they caught it and reset it to 125. 50... never seen it before.

But i will remain silent til i can find better proof myself.

Thulack
07-14-2013, 03:28 PM
i just dont consider one single link to an unofficial site proof. Sure preplanar the skill cap was 20, but the servers are not preplanar, we re well into kunark and the cap should not be as low as it has been set, i remember the day they introduced the 125 cap and my track went over 80. In fact when they did introduce the 125 cap there was a bug so you could advance it further, i got to 140 before they caught it and reset it to 125. 50... never seen it before.

But i will remain silent til i can find better proof myself.

The thing is though they have "proof" from 2000. unfortunately our memories dont equal "proof". But if is is as you say then you should be able to find just as much "proof" as them as it not being 50. See aslong as they have something thats actually "written" as opposed to what you store in your brain because as we all know memories change over the years.

p-niner
07-14-2013, 03:36 PM

/ragequit

PM price

Awwalike
07-14-2013, 03:38 PM
cool fucking story ...

Sundawg: Many npcs in Kaesora will no longer give faction hits.

Labanen
07-14-2013, 03:39 PM
i could find sites from the same time that would say preacher in permafrost has an anticamp radius... i mean i completely bow down to any official proof. But that is not it. Problem is that the cap was changed twiced after the initial cap at 20 and the sites updated this info so its not easy at all. the way-back machine may have records from once or twice a year for this periode but the first 3 expansions came out pretty fast after each other.

And then of course there is a the chance that i am just plain wrong :-)

TarukShmaruk
07-14-2013, 04:04 PM
Does this not include the NPC mana nerf that was supposed to come this patch?

tacomagradd
07-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Group buffs always stayed on lower level folks - especially bard songs - so will this be fixed to reflect classic? Was this intentional?

Ella`Ella
07-14-2013, 05:03 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident that 51+ spell cap patch didn't happen until after Luclin...

Rogean
07-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Updated patch files can be *obtained

Sorry. Had to.

>_>

<_<

Kaeras
07-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I played a druid from the begining on live and I don't remember the track ever being this short ranged unless you jsut got it and were working up the skill .. now I can't even see some thing on track that looks like its maybe a hundred feet away .. my druid is currently in hill giant valley and before the patch I would have a full screen of mobs on track now I'm lucky to have 4 or 5 .. can you check the range of the druid track plz?

Karkona
07-14-2013, 06:44 PM
I was wondering why my ranger tracking is garbage now, I didn't see this in the patch notes:

Capped tracking at 20 NPC results, pending update.

NiNiK
07-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Snippet suddenly lots less sneakier. Her will study under grandmaster sneakycat an' improves! http://predle576.smugmug.com/Lols/others-captions/i-sqq3bKK/0/O/stealth.jpg

nilbog
07-14-2013, 07:23 PM
looks like emissary of thule still remains in weak/nerfed stage, or p99 wiki is incorrect on pet strengths. great patch tho, thanks for your combined efforts of hard work!!

The wiki is completely player-maintained. If there are issues with it, it can be addressed by the community. If there is an issue with how it functions in game, please report it as a bug thread.

On an unrelated note: Rogean, Does this patch effect the spellsnew.eff at all, and if possible, what changes have been made so I can update the file for the latest patch to correct spell effects.

No, it doesn't. Your changes, which I personally adore, are completely client side. In a finished state, they may be included in patches. Until then, it is just as easy for people to update on their own. Keep up the good work, bump your threads, and let the community know what they can do to assist.

I have items in my potion bag that are not small, will I be able to get them out?

Yes, but once you remove them the first time, you may not put them back. Have a plan before doing this.

Any word on removing extended variance on certain NPCs where it is not warranted?

Thanks for such a quick response to that throwing hack and those other exploits. Should help legit players.

As far as I know, extended variance on non-raid npcs should be fixed. Let us know if that is not the case.

Fixed this for next update.

is cancel magic not detrimental anymore? Bard was kiting with nothing but proximity aggro and cancel magic did not peel from him

Being investigated.

Does this not include the NPC mana nerf that was supposed to come this patch?

As far as I know, this was included in the patch per kanras, but there is a missing note. Can't investigate further at the moment.

How was VP still being "invis" pulled if that was supposed to get addressed in this patch?

Please be more specific, and if necessary in the invis pulling thread about what is not functioning as per patch notes.

OriginalQin
07-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the server. Devs make things as they were in classic. Not how they think it should be or for any kind of class balance. Sooner you learn that the better.

Well, things are not as they were in classic. Some things are as they were after patches to classic, such as the /hidecorpse command, which was added in a patch on 7/19/2000. So there are some things that are changed. I'm looking through the patch notes archive (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html) on Allakhazam and I don't see where the hide skill was nerfed, for example.

Clark
07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DJOKhZN.gif

lmao

Aaron
07-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Well, things are not as they were in classic. Some things are as they were after patches to classic, such as the /hidecorpse command, which was added in a patch on 7/19/2000. So there are some things that are changed. I'm looking through the patch notes archive (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html) on Allakhazam and I don't see where the hide skill was nerfed, for example.

It wasn't a nerf on live AFAIK. It's the way worked from the beginning, and shouldn't have been implemented differently here ever.

Rather than complain here, it's probably better to see thread in bugs forum. (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99935)

Ele
07-14-2013, 08:48 PM

Stuff like the tracking and hide "nerfs" aren't timeline nerfs, but reversions to classic appropriateness. They should have never been in game to begin with on this server.

Furinex
07-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks Nilbog. Only reason I asked was because the patch included spellsnew.eff. Im actually working on the Bard spells as we speak.

Dynir
07-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Nilbog: The ancient croc camp in guktop given additional checks to prevent breaking. Please report any issues you encounter with it.

It's not respawning again.

Deanob
07-14-2013, 10:48 PM
From what I understood by reading patch notes, the druid track reduction was temporary and was reverted back after a few weeks?

Surprised to see this change.

Dacuk
07-14-2013, 11:57 PM
not sure if this is related, but i've been xp'ing on Bondl Felligan in NFP recently.. based on my logs before this patch he had about 2500hps, and post patch its about 5900. Is this intended?

Ambrotos
07-15-2013, 02:46 AM
not sure if this is related, but i've been xp'ing on Bondl Felligan in NFP recently.. based on my logs before this patch he had about 2500hps, and post patch its about 5900. Is this intended?

Looks like the most HPs he has had is around 2700. Checked about 10 encounters by people today in the log for it.

thugcruncher
07-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Nilbog: Gnome warriors no longer have issues turning in their starting note.

WOOOOOOOO

ozguy
07-15-2013, 05:47 AM
I don't want to use EQEMULauncher yet using eqchangesv28.zip does not work, the login screen still complains about missing files

Sundawg
07-15-2013, 10:29 AM

Very much intended, I just did not make a public patch note about it. This NPC's previous low hps (and low respawn timer) were not classic.

Ele
07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
From what I understood by reading patch notes, the druid track reduction was temporary and was reverted back after a few weeks?

Surprised to see this change.

Druid tracking started at a max of 20 skill points on live until the Plane of Sky patch, which bumped it to 50.

Wasn't bumped to 125 skill level until 3 months after Velious.

Druids had it too good here.

falkun
07-15-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't want to use EQEMULauncher yet using eqchangesv28.zip does not work, the login screen still complains about missing files

Did you extract v28.zip into your base EQ directory? Do you have adequate permissions to accomplish that task? Are you sure the eqgame.exe executable was not running while you extracted the files?

Either way this issue is best solved in the tech discussion forum.

Aicha
07-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Nilbog: Set a limit on the number of Gullerbacks which can be spawned concurrently.

Yay! :D I hated when there were 7 of them in the zone, courtesy of those dang bards kiting the BW500. :p

Awwalike
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
prais patch

bards still strong as fuq

druids finally sux

loving life on red atm

p-niner
07-15-2013, 02:52 PM

Looks like the most HPs he has had is around 2700. Checked about 10 encounters by people today in the log for it.

Very much intended, I just did not make a public patch note about it. This NPC's previous low hps (and low respawn timer) were not classic.

Conflicting replies. Which is it?

alex220372
07-15-2013, 03:29 PM
in what directory do i unizip the EQChanges V28

Karkona
07-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Brazier of Elemental Summoning requires a Lapis Lazuli... is that intended?

Ambrotos
07-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Conflicting replies. Which is it?

His is right. I had two tabs open comparing blue and red, and red has people killing him everyday. On blue the last time was right before the patch, so I opened the wrong tabs to compare.

Thulack
07-15-2013, 06:01 PM

your P99 folder.

Dacuk
07-15-2013, 07:02 PM

thanks for the clarification. What data/evidence was this based on?

edit: also looks like respawn time was increased

falkun
07-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Did you extract v28.zip into your base EQ directory?
IE: If you installed EQ: Titanium to C:\Everquest, you'd extract V28 patch into C:\Everquest.

williestargell
07-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Some of the major items that went in with this last patch are an attempt to return to classic. But there are way too many things ninja patched along with it that are clearly NOT classic. Pathing changes, changes to resists etc.

I don't know how you can sleep at night coming out with a patch like this justifying all these changes that people clearly dont want based on the statement that they are returning us to classic - because taken as a whole, that is not what this patch did.

williestargell
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
Charm NERF for druid charm...completely and totally ninja and not classic. Charm breaking every 3-4 seconds on tashed mobs.

Bullshit!

Dacuk
07-17-2013, 01:21 AM
what data/evidence was the bondl felligan change based off of?

p-niner
07-17-2013, 03:21 AM
what data/evidence was the bondl felligan change based off of?

arzak saw u getting exp so he nerfed it with nothing to back his claims

vlassic

skorge
07-17-2013, 09:55 AM
Some of the major items that went in with this last patch are an attempt to return to classic. But there are way too many things ninja patched along with it that are clearly NOT classic. Pathing changes, changes to resists etc.

I don't know how you can sleep at night coming out with a patch like this justifying all these changes that people clearly dont want based on the statement that they are returning us to classic - because taken as a whole, that is not what this patch did.

^ Classic is classic bro. I'm not sure what server you have been playing on but P99 (just like classic Live) has been throwing in Ninja nerfs since day one, it's just that most people don't notice them. P99 is trying to recreate the most realistic classic server you can play and this is what it takes. And although off topic a bit (and I've always said this) this is why P99 will still be King of the classic servers even once EQ Classic comes out.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
07-17-2013, 10:50 AM
arzak saw u getting exp so he nerfed it with nothing to back his claims

vlassic

Nirgon
07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Started from the bottom, now we here

rafaone
07-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Druid Track nerf simply sucks. Druids are even more useless now. Thanks.

Nirgon
07-17-2013, 06:35 PM
The jack of all trades caster class who PLs the best and has the safe sky fire port in is no longer extremely powerful in some areas

For shame

spoils
07-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Have we decided if mobs all got ninja buffed? Was in seb and root now sucks ass.

Though...I remember root being pretty horribad...though this bad?

Shammies not gonna be able solo 8+ mobs at a time anymore?

*cry

Barnes
07-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Please fix Ranger tracking, it's totally messed up. Like they needed a nerf or something lol. And i'm not talking about the limited 20 mobs, it's about the fact i can be fighting a mob face to face and he still won't be on tracking! like wtf.

fouts85
07-18-2013, 09:57 AM

I have put a bug post about this , I'm glad it's not just me !

Seliant
07-19-2013, 04:25 PM
isnt this supposed to be like live EQ?...

Merekai
07-20-2013, 02:00 PM
So this is how the project 1999 people like to take care of exploits? By changing the game( not a classic change mind you) and screwing over the rest of the players who don't cheat because a bunch of high end guilds were exploiting a bug with hide pulling. As a rogue, I can't even do a CR now!!! My party died deep in SolA last night and we had to spend hundreds of plat just to beg someone to come help us clear the way back in. WTF are we supposed to do now if no one can help us? Let our bodies rot? Why are we being punished for this? Why can't you just BAN THE PEOPLE EXPLOITING?? You have ruined one of the only abilities rogues had that made them unique. I played EQ since 1999 and this change was never implemented on live, because it is a BAD IDEA. Thank you for screwing over the rogue class. I suppose I'll have to reroll to a class that has some utility other than just stabbing things. I doubt I'll get a response on this from anyone that matters, but it would be nice to hear from someone about why they feel it necessary to make this change when they could do what they are supposed to do and ban people who cheat. Thanks.

Chev

Treats
07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
So this is how the project 1999 people like to take care of exploits? By changing the game( not a classic change mind you) and screwing over the rest of the players who don't cheat because a bunch of high end guilds were exploiting a bug with hide pulling. As a rogue, I can't even do a CR now!!! My party died deep in SolA last night and we had to spend hundreds of plat just to beg someone to come help us clear the way back in. WTF are we supposed to do now if no one can help us? Let our bodies rot? Why are we being punished for this? Why can't you just BAN THE PEOPLE EXPLOITING?? You have ruined one of the only abilities rogues had that made them unique. I played EQ since 1999 and this change was never implemented on live, because it is a BAD IDEA. Thank you for screwing over the rogue class. I suppose I'll have to reroll to a class that has some utility other than just stabbing things. I doubt I'll get a response on this from anyone that matters, but it would be nice to hear from someone about why they feel it necessary to make this change when they could do what they are supposed to do and ban people who cheat. Thanks.

Chev

^^^^ Lots of tears here.

Rogues DID NOT do CR's in Classic/Kunark/Velious. You are not being punished for anything. If you are this upset about potentially losing your body in Sol A and having to ask someone for help you may want to go back to WoW. Risk/Reward grows as you level here for the most part.

pasi
07-20-2013, 06:34 PM
SolA is a death trap for the appropriate levels, I love it.

Thulack
07-21-2013, 08:16 PM
The jack of all trades caster class who PLs the best and has the safe sky fire port in is no longer extremely powerful in some areas

For shame
I've died twice porting into Skyfire. not sure what you consider safe.

Kender
07-22-2013, 06:28 PM
I've died twice porting into Skyfire. not sure what you consider safe.

well it's safer than wiz

Darthmuhh
07-23-2013, 12:31 AM

Chev

Eh, try going into Seb now, I cant even sneak/hide past the first few sets of mobs. It sucks dick and no one wants to go there anymore. Way to kill the game and make no one want to play, it's fcking SONY all over again...classic

WizardEQ
07-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Blue Diamond Jewelry has been changed until Velious.

Taking all Blue Diamond Jewelry orders now.

Thulack
07-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Eh, try going into Seb now, I cant even sneak/hide past the first few sets of mobs. It sucks dick and no one wants to go there anymore. Way to kill the game and make no one want to play, it's fcking SONY all over again...classic

Yeah Sony was horrible. They only have had the game running for 14+ years now and still manage to get people to pay them for it. Those bastards sure are stupid.

Shift
07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Yeah Sony was horrible. They only have had the game running for 14+ years now and still manage to get people to pay them for it. Those bastards sure are stupid.
Actually it was Verant Interactive for at least 3 to 4 years of when EQ was born in 97 or was it 98 then when When in 2000 i recall maybe 2001 Sony took over they wanted to make the graphics better change all the playing mechanics , from SoL/ to Pop the game changed big time but what killed eq live was SoD the assistance with Mercs no more grouping all boxing no communication.
that is what ruined it for me imo.:(

Xadion
07-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Verant was always a subsidiary of Sony etc etc but it did operate more freely while it was its own "thing"

pharmakos
07-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Qeynos spelled backwards says "Sony EQ"

Shift
07-25-2013, 12:43 PM

haha no man good eye out of all the years of that begin my favorite city, never seen that stick out like a sore thumb.

Lojik
07-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Tolapumj backwards spells...crap no it doesn't.

Bloodthorn
07-26-2013, 09:01 PM
If I remember correctly, druid track has always been capped at 125...why 50 now?

gotrocks
07-28-2013, 04:35 PM
This is latest patch (for those who come here looking for it and have trouble finding).

Curious if next patch will be released really soon like the last one was?

Sounds like a couple little things need fixing, wanted to know when I will need to update the FAQ again with new patch note link. Either way, adding this one in to FAQ today.

pharmakos
07-28-2013, 05:24 PM
that shaman bag needs to get fixed soon, for sure

Langrisser
07-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Great, now the dubious con merchants in rivervale wont sell to me, and the banker attacks me when that wasnt the case... they werent factionless, but still sold at dubious and the banker didnt attack when i sat and agro'd the guards.... sigh... must be "right" now... also cant fit through the bank door in wolf form

gotrocks
07-28-2013, 10:25 PM
bump for noobs. this thread needs to stay at top of page. if you have to ask why, it's not an issue for you :)

gotrocks
07-29-2013, 04:05 AM
bumpage

gotrocks
07-29-2013, 05:04 AM
sigh, one more bump for the noobs.

This is current patch, in case anyone finds this and isn't sure.

gotrocks
07-31-2013, 05:28 AM
Bump

Privan
09-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Hey, I'm getting a 'Network Error' when I try to DL v28.zip in google chrome, and Internet Explorer tells me "...v28.zip couldn't be downloaded." Other ppl had similar problems but there were no posted answers... help?

I'm also getting an "Unknown Error" with the Launcher when I try to patch. Any ideas?

Thulack
09-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey, I'm getting a 'Network Error' when I try to DL v28.zip in google chrome, and Internet Explorer tells me "...v28.zip couldn't be downloaded." Other ppl had similar problems but there were no posted answers... help?

I'm also getting an "Unknown Error" with the Launcher when I try to patch. Any ideas?

use firefox? worked fine for me.

Aviann
10-02-2013, 11:57 PM
[B]Nilbog: Most high end raid targets will announce to nearby players which player was first to engage. This should help when multiple guilds engage simultaneously.

Made a lot of people's, including my own, month complete. Also made a lot of people cry.

versus257
11-16-2013, 05:59 PM
This patch screwed up my factions in Halas. My erudite SK used to be able to walk in and buy or do anything. It might've been from hunting in blackburrow, but I was at least apprehensive. Now all the barbarians are scowling at me. So whatever work I did back then to boost faction got erased. Basically, I have no place in the game that I can go to buy large molds for making armor. KOS in Oggok, Grobb and now Halas.

nilbog
11-16-2013, 06:05 PM
This patch screwed up my factions in Halas. My erudite SK used to be able to walk in and buy or do anything. It might've been from hunting in blackburrow, but I was at least apprehensive. Now all the barbarians are scowling at me. So whatever work I did back then to boost faction got erased. Basically, I have no place in the game that I can go to buy large molds for making armor. KOS in Oggok, Grobb and now Halas.

Your faction was not changed. Most likely, the npc(s) were updated to be on the correct faction and/or that particular faction's modifiers updated.

Your faction is based on an amount vs. a certain faction name. So no work was lost, but if you are kos to that faction with your race/class combination + actions of the past you will need find a way to increase it.

Labanen
11-18-2013, 05:47 AM
hey, just tried to download the most recent changes, but the file doesnt appear to be available. Please help.

Derubael
11-18-2013, 05:57 AM
This is not the most recent patch change. The most recent patch is version 30 from october.