PDA

View Full Version : Better Quad group dynamic?

moleman124
07-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Whats the better group dynamic ( just the 4 players)?

Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Shaman or
Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Druid

This is for long term general grouping.

jijii
07-14-2013, 01:13 AM
paladin cleric enchanter shaman because shamans shit all over druids

Clark
07-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Shaman over druid for Talisman/Stat Buffs/Slow/Torpor

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 02:35 AM
If you don't mind walking/bugging people for ports go with sham in 4th slot. But in reality a druid is still very effective in small groups situations. Having a druid would make charming mobs much safer and more effective for the enchanter just because snared mobs are easier to recharm. Also having evac in tight spots always helps and can save you loads of time avoiding CR's. Since enchanters have slow/clarity the shaman to me becomes less attractive and the sheer utility of having the druid for ports/snares/evacs among other things becomes more attractive. Also take into account that druids can do some cool shit using charmed pets throughout the levels in combination with an enchanter.

akahdrin
07-14-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm a personal fan of avoiding the xp penalty if I can. Warrior, cleric, enchanter, whateveryouwanthere

webrunner5
07-14-2013, 06:42 AM
If you don't mind walking/bugging people for ports go with sham in 4th slot. But in reality a druid is still very effective in small groups situations. Having a druid would make charming mobs much safer and more effective for the enchanter just because snared mobs are easier to recharm. Also having evac in tight spots always helps and can save you loads of time avoiding CR's. Since enchanters have slow/clarity the shaman to me becomes less attractive and the sheer utility of having the druid for ports/snares/evacs among other things becomes more attractive. Also take into account that druids can do some cool shit using charmed pets throughout the levels in combination with an enchanter.

At lower levels, say 40 45 and below a Druid is pretty damn good in a group. I agree with Tass with a Enchanter already in the group why have a Shaman also when a druid can work?? Harmony and snare is killer for pulling outdoors. Druids have pretty much same heals, regen as a Shaman all the way up till 60. They fall behind without Canni but you have a Chanter in there for C. And Thornes is no slouch. Snare takes so much pressure off a healer because the mob turns and does not hit the tank below like 18% health unlike root where the mob keeps on hitting till the end. And root is agro hell also if it doesn't stick. That is not fun.

I think I would put a Warrior or a SK ahead of a Paladin. Paladins just do not have much DPS. :eek: I know this is a dirty word but a Ranger has the same DPS as a Warrior and has snare, root Harmony, track, etc. So maybe Ranger and the Shaman??

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 07:24 AM
At lower levels, say 40 45 and below a Druid is pretty damn good in a group. I agree with Tass with a Enchanter already in the group why have a Shaman also when a druid can work?? Harmony and snare is killer for pulling outdoors. Druids have pretty much same heals, regen as a Shaman all the way up till 60. They fall behind without Canni but you have a Chanter in there for C. And Thornes is no slouch. Snare takes so much pressure off a healer because the mob turns and does not hit the tank below like 18% health unlike root where the mob keeps on hitting till the end. And root is agro hell also if it doesn't stick. That is not fun.

I think I would put a Warrior or a SK ahead of a Paladin. Paladins just do not have much DPS. :eek: I know this is a dirty word but a Ranger has the same DPS as a Warrior and has snare, root Harmony, track, etc. So maybe Ranger and the Shaman??

You can tank anything with a ranger in the right gear, but if you're just starting sk/pal prolly better since they are a tad less squishy than rangers and don't need procs to hold aggro like warriors. But a warrior would still be best tank for a small group that has an enchanter since pulling singles is hard for warriors in dungeons.

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 07:29 AM
I'm a personal fan of avoiding the xp penalty if I can. Warrior, cleric, enchanter, whateveryouwanthere

Here's the thing with hybrid exp penalty, it doesn't matter if you are grouped with.good players. Now I'm not saying make a group with 5 iksar sk's and you will be ok, but since hybrids get more widely ranged abilities they are excellent for small group situations. For example if you havr a sk/pal/rangerin your group they can tank AND pull better than a warrior, as well as having other abilities which in theory should make killin/exp flow faster (even though there's a penalty) its just that many times groups often have slackers who are bad at playing their class, and they don't do enough work to offset the so called exp penalty.

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Also -- I noticed as a rogue warriors can't hold aggro for shit once you hit 55 and get double backstab. So it can be frustrating as a rog/monk to have your dps gimped by warriors lack of aggro, which will require other group members to use mana for roots or heals on players who wouod not have otherwise needed it had the tank been a pal/sk/ranger. So keep in mind that while hybrids are taking more exp per kill than non hybrids, they also make groups more efficient in terms of overall killing/exp flow.

Swish
07-14-2013, 08:14 AM

Enchanters (as with all pure INT casters) have a 10% penalty. For the super anal about the XP penalties out there, you'll want some halflings ;)

Issues
07-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Whats the better group dynamic ( just the 4 players)?

Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Shaman or
Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Druid

This is for long term general grouping.

If the 4th slot is up in the air, go with a rog, your quad lacks dps. rog is the undeniable king of sustained dps,

cleric has heals, enchanter has slows/cc/haste - shaman/druid are redundant.

If your quad plans to run as six, go shaman and hope your lucky to find dps for the final two slots.

But 4man is great xp and can pretty much handle all group content with tank/clr/enc/dps

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 09:46 AM
If the 4th slot is up in the air, go with a rog, your quad lacks dps. rog is the undeniable king of sustained dps,

cleric has heals, enchanter has slows/cc/haste - shaman/druid are redundant.

If your quad plans to run as six, go shaman and hope your lucky to find dps for the final two slots.

But 4man is great xp and can pretty much handle all group content with tank/clr/enc/dps

Enchanters can charm pets and do more DPS than a rogue, so can druids in certain zones. Druids can also make charming safer/easier for an enchanter using snare. A shaman is less essential to this group since there's already a healer and someone who can slow/haste. You can say "Shamans can help charm with malo" but a druid would provide transportation which can literally save you hours of time if you have bad luck or play during off hours. A druid can also save your group from having to ever do CR's with evac, and can pull in most outdoor zones with ease.

Shamans ARE legit, but for this particular person's set up I'd go with druid (or another enchanter for dual charm pet badassery) if just for the ports, or maybe a wizard.

Issues
07-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Enchanters can charm pets and do more DPS than a rogue, so can druids in certain zones. Druids can also make charming safer/easier for an enchanter using snare. A shaman is less essential to this group since there's already a healer and someone who can slow/haste. You can say "Shamans can help charm with malo" but a druid would provide transportation which can literally save you hours of time if you have bad luck or play during off hours. A druid can also save your group from having to ever do CR's with evac, and can pull in most outdoor zones with ease.

Shamans ARE legit, but for this particular person's set up I'd go with druid (or another enchanter for dual charm pet badassery) if just for the ports, or maybe a wizard.

yeah so in a 4man, enc is main dps/slower/cc .not terribly efficient. especially long term.

If the group HAD to 4man and for maximize dungeon crawl efficiency tank/clr/enc/rog can't be beat.

hate to break it to you but druids are just a nice tool . not the best at anything.

If you want a nice long term 4man - you want the most efficient class at their job in each slot.