PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Keep Reading That This Server is Dead?

crunkfresh
07-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Honestly, have you guys never played other MMOs?

This server averages 700-750 people at peak hours. The first couple of nights it was 900-950. That's pretty fuckin' good. If you're comparing it to World of Warcraft I've got news for you, about 90% of their servers are way way worse off, they bost 8 million subs but that includes all the chinese farmers, bots, RAF accounts, dual account holders etc.

The only WoW servers significantly better off than this place are the big 4 - Mal'Ganis, Illidan, Tichondrius, and Kil'Jeaden. Any medpop server will see a noticable influx on Tues/Wed and Saturday, but the rest of the time the world feels just as "dead" as P99. Its worse on lowpop servers, what place I'm raiding currently you can do a /who 85 90 all and get about 60 results at peak play times. Not to mention that its fuckin' wow, so even on the big servers everyone is just AFK queuing in the main cities anyway. Here at least theres always a handful of people in most of the zones.

This is just comparing it to wow, pretty much all the other MMOS outside of EVE (since its one server) feel much, much worse to exactly the same as P99.

P99 will probably see a large influx of people logging on in August after EQ Next is announced, and even more if/when Vellious ever comes out. So, whats the deal? Are the complainers all Wowbros from Illidan? Or am I missing something here

RevengeofGio
07-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Its not; they may be talking about p99 red.

Rhambuk
07-13-2013, 08:12 PM
some of its a scare tactic. Some people don't like having to compete for camps with other groups and saying the server is dead all the time keeps new people away. More for meeee!!

really though since i started in Jan 2010 the server has done nothing but increase and thrive. Its settled right around 7-800 , mainly because kunarks been out for 2 years, but it will double with velious. For how long who knows..

Striiker
07-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Saying this server is dead or doomed is a lot like the "analysts" going on about how Apple is doomed.. They are out of touch with reality. I agree also that it's a scare tactic. The vast majority of the server could care less about the squabbling going on over some of the end content. I love the server and most of the people on it are a lot of fun and are not jerks. It's a VERY close experience of the game when I first played on live at launch and for several years thereafter. That's why I play.

Nirgon
07-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Red bost about 600 players

Hehh hehh hehh ya feel me

Splorf22
07-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Nirgon, that sig is approximately 95% of your post size by pixels

Rhambuk
07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Nirgon, that sig is approximately 95% of your post size by pixels

So you're saying it could be bigger? It should be bigger...

AexDestroy
07-13-2013, 09:44 PM
http://universemiami.com/wp-content/uploads/6a00d83451c83e69e200e54f8a3faf8834-800wi.jpg

Thats why

webrunner5
07-13-2013, 10:02 PM
P1999 is the best kept secret on the web. And I like it that way. :cool: I sort of think it is too big now!!

KessonDaslef
07-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Both are dead servers. The inner child in you that has no life just doesn't want it to be.

RevengeofGio
07-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Both are dead servers. The inner child in you that has no life just doesn't want it to be.

*rolls eyes*

bubur
07-14-2013, 12:06 AM

here's a retard who comes to the forums every day to chime in to active discussions and claim the server is dead

server obviously thriving

check this dude's past posts for laugh

crunkfresh
07-14-2013, 02:40 AM
yeah i love it my "inner child" remembers waiting, and waiting, and WAITING for groups.

p99 has just enough people to feel alive, but not enough for everything good to be totally overcamped.

horray p99

KessonDaslef
07-14-2013, 05:03 AM
Dead server is dead server.

kylok
07-14-2013, 07:15 AM
And a dead horse is a dead horse - stop beating it.

Swish
07-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Again with the hate for red. People really should roll a character and have a go, and all those 2-boxing fans out there... its legal to play a character on blue and a character on red at the same time out there.

Just remember not to AFK on red without camping out :)

crunkfresh
07-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Again with the hate for red. People really should roll a character and have a go, and all those 2-boxing fans out there... its legal to play a character on blue and a character on red at the same time out there.

you red guys are so evangelical, can you at least give me a few reasons why you love it so much? i love pvp games as much as the next raging asshole on the internet, but EQ just does not lend itself to that kind of gameplay. pvp needs some sort of balance to be something other than frustrating, whats so fun about red?

Swish
07-14-2013, 08:32 AM
It takes some getting used to, sure...but the grind to 60 is quicker, the combat is fun, and nothing is a certainty.

Conquer your fears and preconceptions, roll a character and see for yourselves. Only had one truly negative experience and that was soloing in Unrest. Some twinked rogue turned up to kill me with a cracked staff and starter robe. Wasn't even "combat" technically.

That aside I've enjoyed the server. It has more potential than the ForumQuesters suggest.

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Server population is not an indicator of server health by any means, most times anyway.
Currently on p99 there isn't enough content to support the amount of players who play here, and the stagnant nature of the raid scene pretty much makes the entire situation worse. Velious will help, but not completely fix the issues.

In fact, I don't think project1999 is dying...
I would say that the main issues facing project1999 are created by the player base, and can only really be fixed by the player base. TMO ruins P99 for a lot of it's players, and forces them to leave the server to go other places with their shenanigans. The only way to solve an issue like this is for players to join forces and work together to achieve their goals, because the GM's/Devs have taken a "Its on you" stance towards such things.

I think the people who are saying the server is dead are those who are cockblocked by TMO out of end game raiding (for 2 years I might add) and those who just simply wont ever be happy with EQ regardless of the circumstances. Im sure the red folk whos server quite literally IS DEAD, speak about dead servers often as well.

Tasslehofp99
07-14-2013, 08:55 AM
I'd play p99 red for sure if EQ PVP didn't suck so much ass, and don't try and tell me it doesn't. It's pretty simple, this game wasn't even made for PVP originally.

murcielago200
07-14-2013, 11:28 AM

Why not? its not like you'll ever run into anyone

Rhambuk
07-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Why not? its not like you'll ever run into anyone

Zoom Zoom Zoom!