PDA

View Full Version : Going Back To My EQ Roots

braincorpse
07-13-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm looking to go back to my EQ roots and heard p1999 was the best place to do it. I played EQ when it first went live and have been a huge MMO and EQ franchise fan ever since. Though most of my big MMO accomplishments came in Cats On The Moon then soon after moving to EQ2 were I had WW1st takedowns, I've become board with the new style and direction of MMO's these days. I would like to Relive some old headaches take myself back to were it all started.:)

My original Main was a SHM, but this time around I was thinking more on the lines of a MNK or SK. I remember the 1st time I got started a lot of my successes was driven from the community and a good group of people that made logging on fun.

So, if I could get any feed back on a nice Lvling guild that might want a new member or some1 else that just started who is looking for a good duo please let me know.

Treefall
07-13-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm looking to go back to my EQ roots and heard p1999 was the best place to do it. I played EQ when it first went live and have been a huge MMO and EQ franchise fan ever since. Though most of my big MMO accomplishments came in Cats On The Moon then soon after moving to EQ2 were I had WW1st takedowns, I've become board with the new style and direction of MMO's these days. I would like to Relive some old headaches take myself back to were it all started.:)

My original Main was a SHM, but this time around I was thinking more on the lines of a MNK or SK. I remember the 1st time I got started a lot of my successes was driven from the community and a good group of people that made logging on fun.

So, if I could get any feed back on a nice Lvling guild that might want a new member or some1 else that just started who is looking for a good duo please let me know.

Knights Who Say Ni is a good leveling guild, wonderful people all around.

I would go for Monk over SK, but that's personal preference. SK is great, but the hybrid penalty is harsh...and people say it's very hard to get groups post 50 with it atm, but that goes away with Velious.

Monk is great IMO. Welcome in groups, one of the best solo melee classes, easy and cheap to gear out, limited xp loss once FD is at ~150 (whereas Necro and SK fd is always hit or miss).

Monks are great in big groups as pullers, wonderful in duos, just a great class all around. Super popular on here, sure, but who cares...play what's fun.

Frieza_Prexus
07-13-2013, 06:18 PM
It depends on what your goals are. If you plan on raiding, you'll need to consider how needed the class is at the high end. For example, regular SK's are not in demand at all for high end raiding, but highly skilled cream of the crop SK's will always be able to get into a top guild. Monks are also extremely common, but it's a lot easier to join a guild as a monk of average skill than it is as an SK of average skill.

If you just want to play the game for a bit of fun, pick whatever class you think you'd enjoy the most. Groups very often need tanks at all levels and SK's can simultaneously tank and pull. Monks are also welcome in most groups.

If you're mostly concerned about grouping then playing a cleric, bard, or enchanter can get you a group almost anywhere. Note that enchanters are a dime a dozen at the high end, but they're always needed for xp groups.

Striiker
07-13-2013, 06:28 PM
A good question to ask also would be about how the classes are in Velious. Classes not as vital on raids now, later become quite useful.
Ultimately, it's the same thing I tell everyone.. Pick a class and race that you want to play and will have fun playing. You can form groups on your own. IF your big concern is end game stuff, research the classes and see what they do on raids. If you are more focused on the climb up the level ladder, pick a class that you will have fun playing in the various zones while leveling. Find a good guild and have fun with the members of that guild. It's not a guarantee of always getting a group etc. but it does help a lot.

1203jjt
07-13-2013, 06:36 PM
PM sent.

Peekae
07-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Play whatever sounds cool to you and roll with it. Certain classes will be min max wise slightly better but all classes are plenty viable for their respective roles (sans high end tanking maybe when warrior discs are too good).

That being said between monk or sk I like the sk. Monks are a dime a dozen but good knights are quite rare and the best group tanks IMO . Also with no raid size limit guilds will always have room for competent players.