PDA

View Full Version : Silly Idea for a group

duneadx
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi all,
I want to see what the general populous of P99 thinks of a full pet group. By full pet group I mean something like 4 mages and 2 necros. I know it sounds ridiculous but consider this; 2 earth pets for perma roots/tanks, 2 fire pets for dds, 2 necro pets for regular damage, 4 mages for dd and pet heals/buffs if necessary, 1 necro for darkness/mana-battery/pulls/dd and 1 necro for spot heals/mana-battery/dd/cc. All you would have to do is watch 6 pets curb-stomp whatever it is your team is up against. How far could this group go? If the public thinks its a good idea would anyone want to form a static group? Discuss :)

Stinkum
07-12-2013, 07:41 PM
it's not silly at all, the sustained DPS of a group of 6 mages is huge

no necros tho. their pets are TERRIBLE compared to a mage.

i would do 5 mages and 1 really skilled bard

duneadx
07-12-2013, 07:43 PM
You don't think it might be a good idea to have at least 1 though, just for some kind of group heal that is beyond 50%?

zanderklocke
07-12-2013, 07:45 PM
I will be your bard!

Flamewraith
07-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Maybe 4 mages 2 enchanters, wicked sick dps like stinkum says with ench buffs and charmed mob dps. Shit would get wrecked.

duneadx
07-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I could see bard and enchanter as being really viable in the group. Im curious how effective a group like that could function in a zone like KC or Chardok. I mean could 5 pets and 1 bard handle mobs at that kind of level though?

Stinkum
07-12-2013, 07:50 PM
You don't think it might be a good idea to have at least 1 though, just for some kind of group heal that is beyond 50%?

yeah but the necro would be pulling and you don't want to make your healer your puller. a good bard could single pull mobs for your group, SNARE mobs, mezz adds, play mana song, play heal song, and he'd have decent DPS if he twisted his different DoTs with drum

just wondering if -

1.does bard haste stack with Burnout?
2.does bard's Damage Shield song stack with Mage DS or the fire pet's natural DS?

Flamewraith
07-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah see you need a good bard so that rules zanderr out. He once pulled like twelve mobs in EC to plevel me and he almost died. Utter trash.

(Just kidding by the way, zanderss' good shit.)

Treefall
07-12-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd be down for leveling a Mage in a group like this, for sure.

Stinkum
07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
if the 5 Mages could focus fire their pets, and their nukes as well, you would just completely tear through most PvE content

the main problems would be

1.pulling (why i suggest bard as 6th person)
2.controlling aggro between the mages and their pets
3.healing is potentially a problem, but mages can heal their own pets, if a caster gets aggro I think a Bard could mezz or charm a mob off you

Technique
07-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Planeteers
4 Mage (Kwame, Wheeler, Linka, Gi) who use Earth, Fire, Wind, Water pets, respectively
1 Cleric (Ma-Ti) The power of HEART! Yay!
1 Bard (Captain Planet)

It's actually not a bad group. Mod Rods + heal song + mana song + the elemental powers combined into Captain Planet = epic.

duneadx
07-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Thank you for all of your input! If anyone is interested in forming a static group like this that would meet for maybe a few hours a week lemme know!