PDA

View Full Version : roleplaying servers back in the day

bled12345
07-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Obviously dating myself, as we all are with eq lol. I just wanted to hear some stories from anyone that played on a roleplaying server, and how it changed the gaming experience if at all, talking 99 to velious of course.

Not sure if I'm just having an acid induced flashback or not, but on normal servers PC's were blue, pvp were red, and on roleplaying servers everyones name was green? Or no.... did roleplaying servers change the game mechanics at all? Anyways thanks for anyone who replied.

Would be cool if p99 threw a roleplaying server up on the side with old patch history even maybe lol, I would definitely check it out :D Anyways, cheers all, and hope everyone has a badass weekend!

Gadwen
07-12-2013, 11:04 AM
GMs get green names. FV was the roleplaying server and it had a unique rule set including things like 1 character per account, removed no drop status from a lot of items, and the beloved trivial loot code. Someone started a thread here a while back with the all of FVs rules when it was released, I know some of this stuff changed (such as the 1 char per account rule) as time passed.

edit: Thread with full rule set here http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107072&highlight=firiona

Swish
07-12-2013, 12:29 PM
What attempts there have been to get a good RP guild going on P99 have been limited so far.

Not to hijack but I remember a bunch of the guild I was in on WoW split off to start on a new RP-PvP server. Did they plan to RP? No! They set up what would be a big anti-RP guild that did some excellent raiding... and when anyone tried to RP with them they'd troll them as hard as possible ;)

I'd love to see a RP server here, and do engage in some RP particularly with the noobs in Gfay, some of which is quite humorous. Killing a Felwithe guard, you see a new cleric running into the zone... offer them the opportunity of looting the dead guard (they have some cash/weapon loot) and consequently choosing a path of Cazic Thule, or running on and staying with the false god Tunare :D

Had some interesting reactions. I figure its an interesting way to help new players and a twisted way of trying to make them reroll or give a thought to making an evil character ;)