PDA

View Full Version : So, lvling up I see.

Superjiff
07-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Anyways I've just reached lvl 12 on my little ench (high elf) and yes I played classic back in the day like crazy but, never did many quests around the lower levels. Not to mention I don't have any real gear or anything atm. Anyone have any real suggestions on where and what to hunt? As of right now I'm just kinda soloing blue stuff in ec (can't find groups too much) I get like an hour (2 max) a day to play and I wanna make sure I'm getting the best "bag for my buck" time wise. Any lower lvl quests that I could be doing to speed up the level process? Or any suggestions on where (better) places to hunt even solo if I have too?

Thanks

iRFNA
07-11-2013, 09:46 PM
charm shin ree

Superjiff
07-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks for any advise, I've been thinking about going to befallen to see if I get a little bit more exp indoors and I don't think that charm is really worth it right now at my level seem breaks quick and pets do around same damage.. I may be wrong but, just kinda how I viewed it

webrunner5
07-11-2013, 10:12 PM
You need to be in Unrest at 12. Stay there till level 24ish. Then MM. End of fairy tale.

Thaeryn
07-12-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm going to share one of my fav spots. From 12-16 you should be able to take the camp of 4 minos in Steamfont just steps away from the LFay zone. The exp is great and they have decent drops - some gems + mino axes. I made several hundred pp camping those.

They are all single pulls, and it's a nice relaxed camp where you don't have to worry about trains, etc. like you would in unrest.

That will get you to 16 easy. At lvl 14 / 15, 4-5 rounds of the minos will get you a full bubble of exp. I am now lvl 17 and parked in Kerra Island, but I was on Erud's Crossing island for a time, and the cats there are a nice relaxed camp. Got some gems, too!

falkun
07-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Befallen has way too large a spread of mobs, lots of greens with a red mixed in for horribleness.

I was doing EC on my ENC too, mobs were spread all over, mob levels all over the place, EC sucks.

I headed to Faydwer and went over to the Mino Caves area, lots of barely-DB mobs to hunt on, charm is fantastic or using your pet is just as well.

Around 13-15 you can head over to Nybright sisters in LFay, which are fantastic cash, I'll have to see how the minos recommended earlier in this thread stack up to sisters. Faydwer is fantastic until the 40s, the low levels are much better than EC ever was.

ripwind
07-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Level 12 is an awesome time to go kill crocs and spiders in Upper Guk for some great XP! You can kill them til about 18-19.

Sarius
07-12-2013, 11:59 AM
N Ro or Oasis til 16
EK hounds til 20
EK spiders til 24
HH Keep til forever

Malone88
07-12-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm going to share one of my fav spots. From 12-16 you should be able to take the camp of 4 minos in Steamfont just steps away from the LFay zone. The exp is great and they have decent drops - some gems + mino axes. I made several hundred pp camping those.

They are all single pulls, and it's a nice relaxed camp where you don't have to worry about trains, etc. like you would in unrest.

That will get you to 16 easy. At lvl 14 / 15, 4-5 rounds of the minos will get you a full bubble of exp.
I second this and then when you hit 14, go to LFay Sister Camp. Do the sisters until 17 and move to Unrest. Don't think I died once from Minos or Sisters, and thats saying something about how easy these camps are.

Swish
07-12-2013, 12:32 PM

That will get you to 16 easy. At lvl 14 / 15, 4-5 rounds of the minos will get you a full bubble of exp. I am now lvl 17 and parked in Kerra Island, but I was on Erud's Crossing island for a time, and the cats there are a nice relaxed camp. Got some gems, too!

10/10 post. Some great ideas.

Sithel1988
07-12-2013, 06:02 PM
go to unrest, find group, stfu

Superjiff
07-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for all the info and ideas all =D Once I get a little free time gonna give it a go.

Thaeryn
07-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Around 13-15 you can head over to Nybright sisters in LFay, which are fantastic cash, I'll have to see how the minos recommended earlier in this thread stack up to sisters. Faydwer is fantastic until the 40s, the low levels are much better than EC ever was.

I was leveling MUCH faster at minos. At 15, I found the exp to be at a snail's pace at the sisters. I don't know if that's because I was getting less XP per kill, or if it was just because I was able to kill the minos faster. Their HPs and damage is comparable to the sisters, but I found them to resist my Enc spells much less. They're also really slow to run, so it was much easier to pull with Tash and root them before they even got to me.

The cash isn't as good, but the odd gem and mino axe didn't leave me poor, either. Along with lower level gems that sell for 2-7pp, I got an emerald and black pearl that sold for 11pp and 19pp respectively. Not bad :)

Again, I stayed there until 16. They were all light blue to me at that point. I've been having a great time on Kerra Island since then. There are healing mobs there, so it's a bit of a tougher go. I may stay for a bit longer then head back to Erud's Crossing. We'll see.

Tasslehofp99
07-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Unrest death beetles @ 12 were great exp, not too hard either.

Ravager
07-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Kill wisps in NK, turn light stones and greater light stones into gypsy there for exp. Greater lightstones are handed in for a book that can be sold back to the gypsy for about 10 plat.

Thaeryn
07-15-2013, 09:12 AM
@Ravager - That sounds like fun. Is there a particular area in NK where the Wisps tend to spawn? What do they con to a level 17?

boudicca
07-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Wisps are also all over the place in the commonlands and gfay too.

Ravager
07-15-2013, 05:10 PM
The wisps are level 10ish, I think they'll be green by 17, but you can always kill them while you're killing other stuff in the area for the plat. NK is the better place to kill wisps so that you can quickly hand in the stones to Mrysila at the gypsy camp for plat and exp after you fill your inventory. For the level 12 enchanter, I'd kill the wisps around the wizard spires since not much in the way of KOS mobs wanders around there.

On my enchanter I was able to do the Stein of Moggok quest too at level 12, which will take about 8 hours, but it's fun to do and you get a 10 int item that will take a while to upgrade.