PDA

View Full Version : what does poopsocking mean

flatt
07-09-2013, 12:36 PM
I can infer from these boards that its related to long term camps, so I'm guessing it means you never log off just stay at your computer and poop in your sock when nature calls....

But then again, I'm probably incorrect ha

Rhambuk
07-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Back in the day there was a rule, i may be mistaken on the accuracy but its been years, that if a guild had 15players in a zone and within aggro radius of the raid mob they had claim to it. So at first a few hours then a day then several days 15 members of a guild would sit and wait for the mob to spawn so they had claim. Thus the phrase "poopsock" emerged because people were so determined to get the mob they would sit at their pc for days waiting for the raid mob to spawn and wuoldnt get up to go to the bathroom they would simply peel off their sock poop in it and throw it aside.

Raavak
07-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes, though on P99 it is used almost exclusively to denote a guild or guilds waiting for a raid/boss mob to spawn.

Back in 1999 I remember it being used to describe any long camp, like frenzied ghoul or arch magus.

Ele
07-09-2013, 12:58 PM
There are several variations to the term at least as it relates to usage on P99.

The origins relate to relieving yourself without leaving your computer. Such as making sure you had plenty of empty Mountain Dew bottles, socks, or adult diapers at hand to make sure you didn't miss a minute of action.

On P99, it can mean having a raid force maintain a continual, physical-virtual presence at or near the spawn point for an extended period of time while waiting for a raid target to spawn. Rhambuk's reference is to when people would know the spawn time of the raid target (pre-variance), thus in order to claim the target would sit people on it. Post-Variance (currently as implemented), guilds sometimes maintain a continual physical presence at the spawn point not knowing when the target will spawn in the, usually, 96+hour window for 7 day average spawn time targets.

Others use it to refer to the practice of camping out a buffed and ready raid force at or near a raid target, while one or more people watch ("track") the spawn or the tracking window for the target to spawn and send a batphone to let others know the target is up and the raid is started. However, this doesn't really fit the connotation of "poopsock" as people camped aren't usually at their computer actively gaming, or they are playing other characters, other games, working, or going about other chores or activities. Thus not being tied to their computer the same way they would need to be if they were actively logged in and on the spawn point needing an immediate reaction time if the target spawns.

Barkingturtle
07-09-2013, 01:07 PM
FYI once you fill a sock with poop if you melt snow in the sock you get poop water.

Droog007
07-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Little known fact: when you use a filled poopsock as a weapon, it becomes a poopsap

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Here in Britain, we heat a kettle and it makes a fine tea. The term "poopsock" is not from the computer era, but rather, during the Seige of London by Hitler's V-2's, we would often spend hours in bomb shelters, keeping our spirits up with with occasional shouts of "God Save the Queen" and, as mentioned, a brisk round of poopsock tea.

Put us in good fighting mettle, and boy did we show those Gerry's on D-Day what we were made of, eh?

It was our finest hour+

Swish
07-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Here in Britain, we heat a kettle and it makes a fine tea. The term "poopsock" is not from the computer era, but rather, during the Seige of London by Hitler's V-2's, we would often spend hours in bomb shelters, keeping our spirits up with with occasional shouts of "God Save the Queen" and, as mentioned, a brisk round of poopsock tea.

Put us in good fighting mettle, and boy did we show those Gerry's on D-Day what we were made of, eh?

It was our finest hour+

http://i.imgur.com/Cc4E9Ck.jpg

Atmas
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM

It was our finest hour+

Britain had a King during WW2.

flatt
07-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Pooping in a sock seems complex, I mean you need to keep it open and draped down enough, while keeping it close enough to your turd cutter to avoid major spillage, also dealing with the urge to urinate while poopsocking seems messy to say the least. Do you have a second, less pourious peesock? Maybe you combine the traditional mt dew can pee trap with the poopsock for a all in one solution?

Maybe I'm over thinking it

Gadwen
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
You know whats really sad? When you google poopsock there aren't any images of an actual sock filled with poop. Sadre's story must be correct.

flatt
07-09-2013, 09:20 PM
BING gives me this

http://www.scribbls.com/outcomes/Poopsock_heattransfer_mechanics

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
BING gives me this

http://www.scribbls.com/outcomes/Poopsock_heattransfer_mechanics

fails to give the fourth step, which involves those poopsocks eventually igniting and launching NW, toward London.

xarzzardorn
07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
back in the day some eq addict was found dead in his apartment and one of the things they found were socks he had literally pooped in.

Jaryn
07-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Wow, that's messed up. I was a huge EQ addict, spending 60+ hours a week playing, in a top serverwide guild, etc, but I never would have shat anywhere except a toilet...

Brandonian10
07-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Little known fact: when you use a filled poopsock as a weapon, it becomes a poopsap

I lol'd

t0lkien
07-10-2013, 01:27 AM
It's not true. Urban legend.

sulious
07-10-2013, 02:37 AM
Cure for pooksocking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y8UaSWhiKsU

100 percent of all users have eliminated a need to poop in socks during these EVENTS.

Side Effects: feelings of extreme happiness or sadness, agitation, hallucinations, fever-hot flashes, fast heart rate, overactive reflexes, bitching, whining, complaining ,loses of testosterone, man boobies, drunkenness, raging, nagging, gaining in self-esteem and testosterone, gloating, flexing in the mirror, super-hero bulging muscles, wearing underwear on the outside of your pants, using a cape, bragging, increased libido, increase in appetite, telling your friends at work that you play PVP IN Everquest, max increase in mojo, decrease in male pattern baldness, increase in attractiveness, strong desire to put on leather pants, and develop a permanent smile. Excessive need for more PVP Tournaments is inevitable. Please contact a physician and make sure EVENT: THE UNFAITHFUL is right for you .

kaev
07-10-2013, 02:54 AM
If you roast the filled sock at 450 degrees for 90 minutes, then boil in 5 quarts of lightly salted water for 30mins, you will have poopstock.

webrunner5
07-10-2013, 05:08 AM
If you roast the filled sock at 450 degrees for 90 minutes, then boil in 5 quarts of lightly salted water for 30mins, you will have poopstock.

That sounds kind of Shitty. :rolleyes:

Striiker
07-10-2013, 09:04 AM

Hmmm, I think that's called Haggis (http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Observer/Pix/pictures/2009/1/22/1232630146932/Haggis-003.jpg).