PDA

View Full Version : DE mask affects faction?

t0lkien
07-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Can anyone with the DE mask confirm that DE form does indeed affect faction? I'm a HE who worships Erollissi Marr (I know, worst choice ever made), and in DE form I'm still KOS to everything evil. As an Agnostic I was Apprehensive on live. As a result I can't tell if forms still grant faction. I know on live they no longer do.

Aaron
07-09-2013, 12:25 AM
It affects faction.

kaos057
07-09-2013, 12:27 AM
It adds a faction modifier.

Thulack
07-09-2013, 12:29 AM
As stated it affects faction but it depends on what your base faction is too. Like my gnome necro can bank in FP and then use mask and bank in Oggok. Just depends where your faction sits.

AexDestroy
07-09-2013, 12:35 AM
http://bethechangeaustin.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/confirmed1.jpg

gotrocks
07-09-2013, 12:40 AM
http://bethechangeaustin.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/confirmed1.jpg

that dog in your sig is confirmed as fuck

t0lkien
07-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Excellent thanks. Now to figure out how to hand in braids to the Captain while KOS o_O.

Nordenwatch
07-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Don't know if bard charm can charm that high but if you can, that'd be a good way. Another good way is just to get an enchanter to charm it, I have no idea what level the mob is but Dictate should be able to get it.

Samoht
07-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Excellent thanks. Now to figure out how to hand in braids to the Captain while KOS o_O.

not gonna happen. you cannot sneak turn in because of his friends. you're not going to be able to safely pull him out of the fort and charm without some kind of raid force.

just wait til 50 and charm the foreman with puppet strings to get your hammer (assuming that's what this fuss is about).

otherwise, lolVSrep.

Raavak
07-09-2013, 11:14 AM
http://www.gdriveurl.com/?idl=013733828854&out=1

kaos057
07-09-2013, 11:22 AM
you cant have someone else charm him for you. he needs to be amiable and someone elses pet is indifferent.

Ravager
07-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Have a very patient druid harmony the mob and mobs around him for you, then open your trade box, then have the druid invis you, then hit trade. It'll work, but I doubt anyone would really have the patience for it.

Samoht
07-09-2013, 11:24 AM
captain isn't same as foreman.

captain takes the braids at anything not KOS. rogues/bards get automatic indiff from sneak. is not in a safe place for a KOS hand-in.

foreman takes the jade for the hammer. if he's just looking for the hammer, wait to 50 and use strings or until you can appropriately charm it as a bard.

falkun
07-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Bards should charm foreman for their hammer at L50. Then use sneak/invis and bank through the walls. Avoid the undead. Stop caring about OT Outpost faction. Use sneak/invis to turn in to Tektite for Wurmslayer.

Droog007
07-09-2013, 02:31 PM
...where your faction sits.

Puttin' on the Ritz... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-i_L3rsfW8&noredirect=1)

Kender
07-09-2013, 06:06 PM
not gonna happen. you cannot sneak turn in because of his friends. you're not going to be able to safely pull him out of the fort and charm without some kind of raid force.

just wait til 50 and charm the foreman with puppet strings to get your hammer (assuming that's what this fuss is about).

otherwise, lolVSrep.

you can sneak turn in but when you click the button to hand them in he turns around. so that option is only really available to monks who can then FD.

I did this on my monk for around 20 turnins before i realised i could FD hand in (which has now been nerfed)

Kender
07-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Can anyone with the DE mask confirm that DE form does indeed affect faction? I'm a HE who worships Erollissi Marr (I know, worst choice ever made), and in DE form I'm still KOS to everything evil. As an Agnostic I was Apprehensive on live. As a result I can't tell if forms still grant faction. I know on live they no longer do.

if you are a bard you can use faction song to become non kos

SamwiseRed
07-09-2013, 07:08 PM

or just charm him

t0lkien
07-09-2013, 07:14 PM

It's not really the Captain I'm worried about. I have a DE mask so in form I *should* be close to non-KOS and just need a bunch of handins to fix it. However, his 8(?) skellie friends are the problem so I can't play around and see what works. If I could get him on his own I could try faction song for sure.

Re. Faction, I want to sell and get the hammer, but more than that it's a challenge. I don't believe it's not possible. I can't Charm him as a Bard because our highest charm only goes up to level 51, and the Captain is 55. Having someone else pull and charm him may be possible. I guess if a raid ever decided to take him out and had the patience to try, I could do that. I'm going to need about 80+ braids I think, which will likely necessitate 2 separate handins.

Samoht
07-09-2013, 07:32 PM
challenge?

or completely pointless.

with sneak you can already trade anywhere.

t0lkien
07-09-2013, 07:53 PM
challenge?

or completely pointless.

with sneak you can already trade anywhere.

Well, someone's a cranky pants this morning.

Kender
07-09-2013, 11:08 PM
It's not really the Captain I'm worried about. I have a DE mask so in form I *should* be close to non-KOS and just need a bunch of handins to fix it. However, his 8(?) skellie friends are the problem so I can't play around and see what works. If I could get him on his own I could try faction song for sure.

Re. Faction, I want to sell and get the hammer, but more than that it's a challenge. I don't believe it's not possible. I can't Charm him as a Bard because our highest charm only goes up to level 51, and the Captain is 55. Having someone else pull and charm him may be possible. I guess if a raid ever decided to take him out and had the patience to try, I could do that. I'm going to need about 80+ braids I think, which will likely necessitate 2 separate handins.

faction song is cast on anyone with that faction, and it lasts until you camp or zone for any other npc on that faction. (it has more than enough range to cast on a kos npc)

foreman is level 50. I charmed him at 49 as a bard