PDA

View Full Version : Awesome..

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 04:10 PM
So has anyone that has been banned for non-existant "3rd Party Programs" ever had that decision reversed because it turns out that the GM was in the wrong? Or should I not even bother waiting and give up on EverQuest again?

Ephi
07-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Yes, this is the best way to correct your situation for sure.

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm asking the P99 community as a whole whether or not a wrong decision has been reversed due to a mistake made by the P99 staff, not trying to correct the situation with this thread.

Flamewraith
07-08-2013, 04:17 PM
So much disrespect for the staff this month. Makes me sad.

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Not disrespecting staff. A mistake was made. I have respect for the staff, hell Sirken helped me with an issue I had with the IP Expemption thing so my brother and I could play together. But to be banned at random and have something tacked on that I didn't remotely do? I'm just asking if a wrong decision has been reversed in a situation like this. :/

Swish
07-08-2013, 04:21 PM
So has anyone that has been banned for non-existant "3rd Party Programs" ever had that decision reversed because it turns out that the GM was in the wrong? Or should I not even bother waiting and give up on EverQuest again?

Tells me in another thread not to be a dick, then this...

:(

Ele
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
lol, should have at least copied the avatar with a little mustache.

And to answer original post, yes.

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Thank you, Ele. Hopefully it is like this in this case too. :/

Swish
07-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Look at how much flack you are getting just asking a question about staff-related mistakes.

There is no way in hell that a decision will be reversed.

Hell, just trolling on the forums will get your in-game account banned forever.

Corrupt server is corrupt

Beaniron is that you? (fastest post removal ever)

Lanzellot
07-08-2013, 04:28 PM
what i remember in classic times ,the GMS are the gods and the gods can do what they will and must not make an report to anyone else, why they do.so have many respect from all that work and the gods and follow the rules than you ll never get a problem with the gms and you ll see they are very friendly too.
i say thx at this point too the staff.
and all my honor get ephi and sirken for all that work too get cheaters and scammers
away .

answer to orginalpost:yes

greets from austria

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks, Lanzellot.

Vaildez
07-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Cheating is for Cyclists...

Rhambuk
07-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Yes, this is the best way to correct your situation for sure.

Loved this.

I'm sure if you follow the proper channels, though it may take time remember theyre volunteers and don't take kindly to any sort of sass, that they will at least let you know what the reason was and you can try to explain it to them. You may not have used it but has your brother? are you sure? do you play other emu servers where its allowed and simply forgot to turn it off when you switched to p99?

Sorry this happened to you but the gm's don't ban on a whim there must have been some sort of sign or inclination that there was 3rd party use.

Gadwen
07-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Oh well this settles it, OP is obviously not guilty.

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I have followed proper channels and means to finding out, but I was just asking to community as a whole if a decision could be overturned due to a mistake. Wasn't sassing anyone, just trying to get help honestly.

Rhambuk
07-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I have followed proper channels and means to finding out, but I was just asking to community as a whole if a decision could be overturned due to a mistake. Wasn't sassing anyone, just trying to get help honestly.

I'm not saying you did, but these threads can turn out to be more harmful to the op once the community jumps on them. Im quite sure that it can be overturned but it may take time.

I was banned once, by the time I logged out made the petition and tried again I could login. no idea what the issue was but i think it was just a login problem.

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I wish that was the issue in my case. :/

Stinkum
07-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Or, you know, you could've searched the forums and seen the 100s of threads answering your question.

Be honest, you thought by putting the GMs "on blast" on server chat that it would expedite your petition.

Shnygut
07-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Stinkum, you have yet to offer anything useful, please stop. You're not going to be fed here.

Thank you though.

Swish
07-09-2013, 06:02 AM
All of these threads get the same treatment, any hint of whining or attention seeking around an individual petition receive a lot of heat. If you wanted closure, you got it :p

What 3rd party programs were you running? You must have known they were probably not 'legal' here.

gotrocks
07-09-2013, 10:04 AM
All of these threads get the same treatment, any hint of whining or attention seeking around an individual petition receive a lot of heat. If you wanted closure, you got it :p

haha, this. sorry if we're all negative, OP, but the fact is your thread here isn't the first time someone's posted something like this, and it usually ends up in RnF.

You don't seem like the typical customer we see, though, so I do hope you get things fixed up if you're telling the truth.

Rhambuk
07-09-2013, 12:20 PM

haha yeah theres a lot of "hostility" here, really I think we all just like to hit our taunt hotkey!

Hope it all gets sorted out for you, at least an explanation of why.

Sollix
07-09-2013, 12:27 PM
haha yeah theres a lot of "hostility" here, really I think we all just like to hit our taunt hotkey!

Threads like this are good for the community. Brings us all together

Sirken
07-09-2013, 12:48 PM

was not a staff mistake. we showed you the exact file path of where your MQ was located when you used it on p99, and you confirmed for us that it was indeed your computer. so, it was used on your account, and, on your computer. and yet you blame it on the staff making a mistake. /applaud

c:\*****\*****\Downloads\MQEmu_Classic_Titanium

for the record, when we make mistakes we fix them (granted it may take some time). but this was not a mistake.