PDA

View Full Version : Duo/Trio Groups

Ruliven
07-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Greetings everyone!

My brother is going to join the game and I was wondering what two classes work great together in grouping. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Friday
07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Rogue / Mage works pretty well.

Rogue tanks while pet backstabs.

LiQuid
07-08-2013, 12:38 PM
2 rangers

Lojik
07-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Enc + lots of other classes, Shm + lots of other classes. Mage or necro probably good option too, any combo of those four don't think would be too bad. Wizard and ranger maybe two worst classes for duos, don't pick those.

Xadion
07-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Shaman + SK + whatever, but don't be a SK we don't need more on this server so be a monk

RevengeofGio
07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
2 rangers

I remember this being not half bad, but you need a little room (aggro kite + chloro).

Jesseca
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Cleric + Warrior isn't bad either.

Malone88
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Enchanter plus any healer class.

Aaron
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Lots of classes duo well together. Don't try to min/max for the best combo. If you do, then it's definitely enchanter/shaman - at least around 40+. But both are tedious at lower/mid level and both require a lot of work/skill.

Necro/mage is solid from the start. What class do you currently play? Just complement your current toon if you already enjoy your class instead of starting over.

Treefall
07-08-2013, 01:37 PM
It really depends on if you're in it for the long haul, and honestly...judging by my friends' list, most people burn out on chars before 40.

I would say for the low to mid range for a duo, nothing beats Mage/Mage. Everything they do stacks/helps the other. There is no pet penalty while grouped. If pulling is done with a pet/level 1 nuke, neither will ever have threat. They can summon 100% weight reduction bags for hours of farming in one session w/o gating. Groups will take both of the Mages for DPS if you want to go into dungeons and tear things up a bit. As long as neither goes DE (or both go DE) you always travel to the same locations to buy/upgrade spells safely. Honestly, traveling is not bad at all. As long as you're in range of a druid ring/spire/whatever, you can always find a Wiz/Druid in EC or within your zone to port you (lucky punks can just gate back to their farm spots anyways).

Really, the only weakness of Mage/Mage for duoing is dealing with a lot of adds, mainly in dungeons. However, you can level fast and safely sticking outdoors, and whenever a tank and healer need some DPS in a dungeon you both can collect those nice ZEMs.

If you really are looking to stick it out for the long haul, then you're really looking at Ench/something or Shaman/Something. In terms of just hanging out in a duo and rocking things out w/o a challenge.

I'll be honest with you...Cleric/tank would not be my first choice, even though it seems like an obvious one. Mainly because it's not a really good duo. Sure, it forms the holy trinity of a group...but honestly when you and your buddy just want to rock mobs at whatever hours, tank dps is really low, and the cleric really doesn't add much. I would suggest Shaman/tank, Druid/tank if you really want a healer/tank combo, only because in a duo the Shaman/Druid can add dps/buffs that really speed things up.

xCry0x
07-08-2013, 01:39 PM
-Best-
Shaman + Monk
Shaman + Ench
Ench + Cleric

-Next Tier-
Necro + Mage
Necro + Rogue

The necro + mage combo is easy to start with since both classes can level to 60 naked.

The shaman + monk, Shaman + ench, Ench + cleric combos are harder at first but the 50-60 push (Which is the hardest) becomes ridiculously easy and at 60 you have unparalleled duo farming abilities.

Treefall
07-08-2013, 01:49 PM
-Best-
Shaman + Monk
Shaman + Ench
Ench + Cleric

-Next Tier-
Necro + Mage
Necro + Rogue

The necro + mage combo is easy to start with since both classes can level to 60 naked.

The shaman + monk, Shaman + ench, Ench + cleric combos are harder at first but the 50-60 push (Which is the hardest) becomes ridiculously easy and at 60 you have unparalleled duo farming abilities.

I definitely like these combos.

The thing with Necro + Mage/Rogue is that the Necro is always pulling, and that can get tiring if whoever plays the Necro isn't up for always running around/kiting for most kills as w/o sitting fear kiting will eat a bit of mana and kind of eat up the massive no-down-time of a necro, IMO.

Main reason I like Mage/Mage is that they can switch off, run around, or camp, and it is a completely laid back, semi-afk, cruise control leveling process for both.

xCry0x
07-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Very true.. I was on my lvl 15 necro grouping with an enchanter for 'fear kiting' and i was constantly out of mana and asking myself what the value of grouping was =P

Malone88
07-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Very true.. I was on my lvl 15 necro grouping with an enchanter for 'fear kiting' and i was constantly out of mana and asking myself what the value of grouping was =P
Was chanter using a pet?
When chanter hits 16 and gets fear/breeze/quickness, it will go much faster for you.
All you gotta do is pull and snare. Chanter's hasted pet and your pet will tear it apart
while chanter fears (or you fear).

Kender
07-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Was chanter using a pet?
When chanter hits 16 and gets fear/breeze/quickness, it will go much faster for you.
All you gotta do is pull and snare. Chanter's hasted pet and your pet will tear it apart
while chanter fears (or you fear).

didnt think breeze stacked with the necros better mana regen hp eating buff

there are certain level bands where it's more beneficial to use enchanter mana buffs but the rest of the time you get better mana from eating yourself with buffs like call of bones

for example

necro level 8 spell same mana regen as enchanter 16
16-19 enchanter better (same mana regen for no hp loss)

necro level 20 spell same mana regen as enchanter 29
29-33 enchanter better (same mana regen for no hp loss)

of course no hp drain makes chanter buff more convenient, but casting simple tap dots like Leach can regen those hp's.

you can also snare fear and sit for more mana regen. and tap or tapdot to regen hp's every now and again

Stinkum
07-08-2013, 07:21 PM
If you are actually good at EQ, the best duo in the game is Enchanter + Cleric.

If you're not good, then do Shaman + _____ or whatever lame thing these people are suggesting.

Barkingturtle
07-08-2013, 07:28 PM
I like enchanter + druid.

I feel it's such an obvious pairing I don't even need to justify why.

Widan
07-08-2013, 10:48 PM
If you are actually good at EQ, the best duo in the game is Enchanter + Cleric.

If you're not good, then do Shaman + _____ or whatever lame thing these people are suggesting.

This doesn't make sense because if you're good then there's no need for CH and shaman + enc is way better.

Gadwen
07-08-2013, 10:51 PM
ranger+bard for sure

xCry0x
07-08-2013, 10:53 PM
This doesn't make sense because if you're good then there's no need for CH and shaman + enc is way better.

As a cleric and as someone playing an ench frequently.. I would have to say there is a large benefit to shaman. Malo + tash = longer charms. Shaman can slow instead of ench. Having to juggle spells is a pain in the ass so someone simply freeing up the spot for slow is nice by itself.

Sure cleric can CH but shaman can slow tank like they would solo + do their own dps vs a cleric that basically sits and helps with root, heals and throws a stun every now and then.

That said, cleric + ench is still powerful.