PDA

View Full Version : Help for Shaman epic - Black Dire

Scoresby
07-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Hey everyone, looking for some help at this mid-point of the epic. I need a hand killing Black Dire in Mistmoore. From everything I know this is a pretty strait-forward encounter with a few caveats.

- Target is mid 40s, but hits rather hard (in the 200s).
- Target is largely magic resistant (slow, root, likely won't land).
- There are 4 adds (level 38 I think), that can be avoided if pulled by a high enough character (58+?).

That said, a group with a 50sish tank, melee dps (casters may work if not MR based?), and cleric should do well enough. If anyone is around and interested, please PM me. I'd like to try this afternoon if possible, but will likely keep at it until I can get this guy down. I'm actually there now so will gauge interest and coordinate it only if it seems like we've got a real chance at taking him out.

Edit> Will likely be around 9-10PM CST.

Any help, is appreciated!

Thanks,
Stinkie

webrunner5
07-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Black Dire has Harm Touch for like 550 hp so that sucks for low hp or low level Casters. The right group easy, the wrong one...well. :eek: GL though.

Scoresby
07-07-2013, 09:57 PM
True there. Ideally either myself (L55) or if I'm lucky a high level tank (to avoid adds) will pull so the HT shouldn't be the end of the world. I'd honestly be more concerned with the adds since I hear they are also largely MR.

I haven't had the most interest on this tonight, so I suspect I'll try again when life permits!

webrunner5
07-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Hydro, 60 Warrior from Taken has been in there a lot lately. He could help big time.

Skope
07-08-2013, 10:54 AM
If I'm around tonight I can get it done for you. Duo'd it with my 60 sham and a 60 SK yesterday.

If you're lvl 60 you can solo pull black dire and not worry about adds. The dire is completely MR so don't expecting a slow/tash/sini to help you. It's a straight tank n' spank

Scoresby
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Hydro, 60 Warrior from Taken has been in there a lot lately. He could help big time.

Yeah, he offered yesterday but I wasn't able to round up more help. Will get it evetually.

Halfelfbard
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Where u at lets kill it

Aaron
07-08-2013, 11:43 AM
When will you be on? I can do this pretty much anytime today.

Scoresby
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
When will you be on? I can do this pretty much anytime today.

Having super-happy fun times at work right now. I can probably swing something tonight around 8 central.

Nuggets
07-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd love to help if you need me. Dont get out of work til late tho. Available around 8-10ish EST (negotiable)

Scoresby
07-09-2013, 10:10 AM
So I love how unpredictable this game can be. Logged in to see who may be around for the wolf in Mistmoore, but wasn't really able to drum up much help. No biggie, figure I might call it for the night then Halfelf goes, "So, Fear is empty except for some Iksar broodlings."

What is this you say!? Lizard blood potion go!!! Zoom over to fear and I'll be damned if there isn't a baby lizard there (and Trooper Frogzin too busy killing people in LOIO to defend it). Two seconds later and I'm looting my Child's Tear.

An interesting turn of events to say the least!

Thanks Halfelf and everyone else for offering.

-Stinkie

lecompte
07-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Hey Scoresby, if you still need help this evening (~9PM PST) I'd be glad to help with the black dire fight. Just send me a tell and I can drum up a few folks.

Nirgon
07-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Imma tell you right now how to bring him down like I did for someone's shaman cuz they were too scared to even follow directions (disclaimer on blue not red)

Clear the shit around him, levitate yourself, make a pet with str/haste

Shower his ass in disease spells and kite him back and forth over the lake at the zone in (you run from the top end of the lake, levi to the other side over and over)

He will path all the way around it

He doesn't summon

Pet + dots will wear him down np

Hell, if you're scared just don't cast any spells and path him back and forth around the lake a few times till you feel safe casting

Edit: If the pet dies (its not his job to tank on this one, /pet taunt off etc) you = probably fucked, might wanna rack up some disease aggro less you feelin' strong son

Kope
07-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Imma tell you right now how to bring him down like I did for someone's shaman cuz they were too scared to even follow directions (disclaimer on blue not red)

Clear the shit around him, levitate yourself, make a pet with str/haste

Shower his ass in disease spells and kite him back and forth over the lake at the zone in (you run from the top end of the lake, levi to the other side over and over)

He will path all the way around it

He doesn't summon

Pet + dots will wear him down np

Hell, if you're scared just don't cast any spells and path him back and forth around the lake a few times till you feel safe casting

Edit: If the pet dies (its not his job to tank on this one, /pet taunt off etc) you = probably fucked, might wanna rack up some disease aggro less you feelin' strong son

Might want to let the rest of the people in the zone know you're planning on doing this as it is quite disruptive to the people exping right there.

Halfelfbard
07-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Ur welcome sir. Get that epic!

Chloroform
07-09-2013, 08:40 PM
nirgon confirmed pathing sploiter

Scoresby
07-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks to Nocte, Butkus, Rhom, and Hethan for taking the time to come help me down this guy! Now for the faction grind (yay).

Too cool guys!

-Stinkie

A1551
07-16-2013, 10:37 PM
glad to hear ya got your help stinkie!

FYI, Black Dire is slowable -- we did him the other night with a monk/shaman and myself (chanter) and slow landed on 2nd try post tash at 60 (no malo). Just pulled outta my log:

[Thu Jul 11 02:06:06 2013] You begin casting Forlorn Deeds.
[Thu Jul 11 02:06:10 2013] Black Dire begins to cast a spell.
[Thu Jul 11 02:06:12 2013] Black Dire regains concentration and continues casting.
[Thu Jul 11 02:06:12 2013] Black Dire slows down.