PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: FD in PvP - pet agro and targeting issues

Pudge
07-07-2013, 02:07 PM
1) On r99, if a player sends his pet on you and you FD, the pet will stop attacking and return to its owner, however once you stand up it will "remember" you and automatically start attacking again.

Back in CLASSIC, pets never "remembered" the target and their owners would have to manually re-send the pet.

2) Didnt FD make a player lose target? I believe it did. This guy remembers the same:
MONKS .. are interesting. My main on rallos zek was actually a monk. Monks suck pre lvl 30 - mend backfires/doesnt work, in classic your only choice is fists really until higher lvls. Then you have to get your 1hb up to par, which takes a while. Also FD doesnt work well til 30ish.

Once you get flying kick, you are the shit. Once mend always works, it's very satisfying. Now heres what a lot of people dont know .. when you feign death, the caster loses the target!!! so you run around a corner, feign death and stand back up, then you screw casters. Lots don't even notice.

Once kunark comes out, inner flames destroys face.

When you respawn, you don't need your corpse to do some decent damage with your bare fists. Sorta nice if you come back fast and a pure caster is low on mana.

Disarm? Very fun when you get it high up! Don't forget you can disarm PC's. Sends their weapon to their mouse. If you feign death after disarming them, they'll try to click on you and almost accidentally drop weapon, making them just deal with a bunch of annoying open windows and terrifyingly almost dropping your weapon. You can really mess with people. In old rallos, I used to leave them alive at 1% hp, disarm their weapon and kill them before they can bag it. If they had one open inventory slot, i could loot their weapon ;D

Will look for more evidence later, am using my phone right now :/

Nirgon
07-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Dunno bout dat pal

kaos057
07-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Works fine for me. Maybe he sent his pet back on you after you FD'd. And xblade725 is a moron seeing how FD and mend can be raised beyond 100 long before 30.

Pudge
07-23-2013, 02:04 AM
tests a bit with 2 pet classes at once (sham and mage) sometimes one or both would "remember" sometimes they wouldn't. just seemed random. range, or letting the pet return to the caster and sit there doing nothing, did not seem to impact whether the pet remembered or not

guess this is classic? don't think so............................................ but with everything else facing our server, this ain't #1 i'll admit