PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Making

Something'Witty
07-06-2013, 05:24 PM
On average, how much does it cost to max out the JC skill?

Swish
07-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Depends on your INT stat ultimately... I wouldn't try until you can hit 200+ at least.

I've done it once, I think it set me back about 10-12k but that was on red, gear wasn't so easy to come by so I was doing it at sub 200 INT :p

Either way, be prepared for carpal tunnel!

Frieza_Prexus
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I got mine up for about 8-10k, IIRC. Just combine the next item up in difficulty until it trivials. That way you have far fewer failures, and you can sell it right back. If you're super patient, you can enchant the metal first which sells back for slightly more. Just don't skip straight to plat bars until you're ready; it gets expensive fast.

Something'Witty
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Okay, thanks for the info. I normally avoid trade skills in EQ at all costs, but I figured since I am a chanter, I might as well give JC a shot. At least now I have a better idea of what to expect cost wise.

Reubin
07-09-2013, 09:49 AM
I got mine to 235 with only about 5k seed money I think. If you want to do it the cheap way (note it will take a LOT longer) you can enchant every bar. This way you can actually stay pretty close to breaking even until you get to the mid-high end Platinum stuff. I usually got a few hundred plat up and then I'd have a few fails and get back to about even. I think my Int was about 170 or so when I did it but it's been a while. I'd wait until you are 29+ if you aren't already just so you can have Clarity if you choose to go this route. You will be medding a lot if you enchant every bar.

I also suggest North Freeport as a good place to do this. The Jewelry shop has everything you need and it's right near the bank.

p-niner
07-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Neriak is good too jc door right across the the bank building entrance.

Do a mix of enchant and non enchant while medding back up. Luckily c2 is quick. I also int buffed myself.

Non enchant sells slightly less that cost, enchant sells for a small profit but considering fails prolly breaks even.