PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Weapon for Pally/SK/Warrior

xcyberpeenixx
07-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Hello, im a level 13 Paladin using an NPC trash bow. It gets the job done for pulling but id like to have a much higher range bow and possibly more than 10 damage.

I added in SK/Warrior incase they are curious as well. Later on id think a bow for a pally/SK is no longer useful because of Idols having status and having spells?

Could anyone recommend a good low level long range bow for pulling or perhaps a great starter idol/ranged item to replace a bow with?

A pulling bow has become very useful lately and having huge range is great perk, but id be fine with sacrificing range for some great DPS as Blind/fear kiting seems to be pretty useful when shit gets rough

List some items please! Thanks!

Ezalor
07-05-2013, 02:30 PM
'Longbow' from the Fletcher NPC in East Commonlands costs about 3pp and has 100 Range.

Or look for a Runed Oak Bow (125 range) but they're not sold too often and cost around 200-300pp.

xcyberpeenixx
07-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Im using the Longbow now and it works but I was looking for something a bit more decent, but it seems there isn't much. I Runed Oak Bow is the best bow I can seem to find for sale.

To increase range I can simply get high ranged arrows right? And if so does anyone know a general cost how buying stacks of long range arrows?

Samoht
07-05-2013, 03:25 PM
you won't find a bow with stats as a paladin, so if you're still looking for a bow to pull, then yes, range + arrow range is the best selection. for the question on where to find the arrows, just raise your own fletching skill and that's solved.

otherwise, idol of the thorned.

xcyberpeenixx
07-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Ah ok, sounds good. Thanks for the advice!

pharmakos
07-06-2013, 05:04 PM
"Flight Arrows" have 150range and are sold in Surefall Glade and Kelethin. they're quite a bit more expensive than making 150range arrows with Fletching, though

check out http://wiki.project1999.org/Fletching .... actually a fairly cheap tradeskill, and the trivial for the 150range/1dmg arrows is low