PDA

View Full Version : low level bard kiting

skacat
07-04-2013, 06:03 AM
hi bards

i played a bard on classic from launch till basically kunark, little bit of velious. at that time i was on a 33.6 modem and i'd never really heard of bard soloing.

anyway i'm rollin up on red and there's not much in the way of groups at low levels (im also in a weird timezone), so I'm wondering how I can grind through the low levels fast as possible (without twinking or getting PLed).

currently level 7 and picking stuff off on orc hill, but its slow goin. saw another post suggesting starting to AoE kite the sisters camp at level 7. has anyone done this without SoW/jboots/buffs/epic twinkage?

i'm kiting around some centurions for practice but they seem to land some hits even if all I do is just try to avoid them going in circles, but also my client runspeed seems a little messed up. would the sisters/other mobs have a smaller hit box than these orcs?

anyway, just trying to get back up to 56 like my toon from classic so i can finally get mah bard to 60.

thanks

Goseals6
07-04-2013, 11:01 AM
No I've also had issues with the hit box for the centurions. They seem to be a bit more inaccurate as apposed to other creeps in that area. I too tried to kite them around with lvl 2 dot but I was still getting hit outside my field of vision meaning, they weren't close enough behind me and I was scrolled all the way out.

Estu
07-04-2013, 01:03 PM
I actually just made a bard today, and kiting with the level 2 dot is definitely doable, even without selos - you just have to strafe-run, and occasionally do sharp turns to bring the monsters closer to you. I haven't tried it on orcs, but have had success with skeletons, goblins, and bats.

Silent
07-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Can confirm its do able with just instruments, no gear. You just need to know what your doing and be able to keep it up. This doesn't mean you won't still die on the occasional slip up or lag spike. If you are able to chords kite your way to 18, You won't have an issue after that.

skacat
07-05-2013, 10:08 AM
thanks for the responses. looks like my client definitely has a run speed issue so until i can work that out it's a no go. can't even run from skellies in a straight line with selos and a drum.