PDA

View Full Version : List of solo / dungeon camps

xcyberpeenixx
07-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Hey there! I was hoping some of the more experienced players could help a newb out.

I'm looking for a straightforward list of zones/dungeons/camps that one can either solo or hang out and wait for a group in order to level up and have some fun.

I am a human paladin, level 10, in freeport and was wondering what are great nearby zones and their level ranges and maybe why you reccomend them?

P.S. My brother plays an Iksar Necro who is chilling in Field of Bone. What areas are there that we can meet up. Whats a good level to be before we venture out together to a general zone? At this level it seems like its better to just solo/group in nearby zones until I get a few levels

Any advice is appreciated!

Infectious
07-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Not the best combo. Paladin is really not so well at solo without being twinked. Honestly I would say roll something that compliments the necro. Druid, shaman or mage. If you wana go melee play any class but the paladin ( sk, rog or monk). Necro+ rogue is stupid good exp with just infectious cloud+ dark and just aggro kite the mob

Buellen
07-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Do a few forum searches their plenty of threads talking about areas to level.

for Freeport level 10

North Ro Groups or kill random mobs scarabs are decent at your level.

West Common lands Groups bear, cats zombies

hope this helps for a few levels.

Garue 41st level half elf Warrior // Buskier 34th Level Human Cleric

xcyberpeenixx
07-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Not the best combo. Paladin is really not so well at solo without being twinked. Honestly I would say roll something that compliments the necro. Druid, shaman or mage. If you wana go melee play any class but the paladin ( sk, rog or monk). Necro+ rogue is stupid good exp with just infectious cloud+ dark and just aggro kite the mob

I know the paladin in general isn't a very well liked class but its the style and concept that I enjoy. We play what we enjoy and thats just how it is. Not worried about massive XP.

I have been killing in Western commonlands and its fine, just a little boring killing snakes and spiders all day. I will search more threads and posts for good leveling areas

Knuckle
07-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Befallen is EXCELLENT, just be careful. Unrest is not a great choice if you are new here, there are twink PL's going on nonstop. Crushbone is busy but doable. Higher levels youll probably want to do Solusek A or Mistmoore. 30s Can do LOIO or stay on in SolA at gnome castle. Split paw is an option around 35 also.

Cords
07-03-2013, 02:01 AM
Befallen is great, If you can get a port to EJ, with sow buffs and a map in hand, I would think Kurns tower would be good to, it has allot of mobs, allot of levels, and most of them are undead.

South Karana And Lake Rathetear are two great zones, to level from 15 to 35. Lake rathe aviak guards next to the arena zone in is a good place to duo, Aviak tower in South Karana, around 20, and then splitpaw gnolls outside splitpaw around 30. Fear+darkness kiting will allow you to kill evens and yellows easy.

pharmakos
07-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Paladin/Necro is a great duo IMO. sure, a Paladin can't contribute a lot when the Necro is fear kiting, but paladins can get single pulls with Pacify, opening up your dungeon options by a lot. plenty of heals to go around between the two of you. i two-boxed a necro/pally on a different server, got called crazy a lot, but it actually worked out awesome. was duoing Kaesora in the early 30s with 'em.

you guys would tear up Kurn's Tower at level 10

thufir
07-06-2013, 05:20 PM
At level 10, Blackburrow, Befallen, and Crushbone are all places where you can solo while waiting for a critical mass of people to assemble into a group. Hardest to find a group in Befallen, easiest in Crushbone, Blackburrow somewhere in between. Kurn's Tower is pretty good too, especially if your necro friend is there to duo with you whenever you are online.

In terms of "nearby" Befallen is closest to you. Crushbone is a long boat ride away, but the trip is more or less safe. The road to Blackburrow is pretty perilous for a 10 but you might be able to find some kind charity port to NK/WK in the EC tunnels. Just don't forget to grab a bind wherever you go - demoralizing to die and rez up 8 zones away.

xcyberpeenixx
07-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Great advice!

I managed to get to Kurns tower with my Necro friend. I am level 14 now, great place with good Xp and constant groups. Look forward to level 15 when I get my undead DD nuke and level 20 when I plan on getting a ghoulbane to shred undead.

The fact that I can heal and he can use his transfer life ability keeps our duo moving. It is indeed odd but it works and we both love our classes.

befallen has proven to be sort of bland. Rarely do I see groups in there and if they are there its with a high level PLing them. I will have to check out crushbone some time.

After crushbone/kurns tower whats the next good dungeon to head over to. Guk? A place with undead is highly preferred

Lojik
07-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Unrest has plenty of undead. Najena may have some areas that are good to hunt. Upper guk is good around level 20, but not many undead I dont think. Solusek A is fun to hunt, although can be tricky. If you want a real challenge, you can try the temple of cazic thule in your mid 20's. Mistmoore is a cool zone too. Lots of cool places to level around 20-40 in this game. Oh yeah permafrost too, but thats a bitch to get to.

thufir
07-07-2013, 06:56 AM
Getting to be a little high level for Crushbone - I might skip it at this point. Upper Guk is good but not a lot of undead there. Unrest is probably best - should be able to find a decent place on the lawn and pull trash all day, and a group may form around you. Najena is also reasonable, plenty of skeletons in the front part of the zone. And I know Befallen doesn't have groups very often but at your level you might be able to duo the second level effectively, and that could be exciting.

pharmakos
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
The fact that I can heal and he can use his transfer life ability keeps our duo moving. It is indeed odd but it works and we both love our classes.

yeah, it really is a surprisingly good combo. :) a good amount of heals, the necro makes up for the pally's low DPS, and the pally can tank wayyy better than the necro's pet can.

a slight warning, though -- necros get a new heal at level 20, and then don't get a new one until level 44.... so the heals are gonna be sorta weak in the mid-30 range. the 44 heal is sweet, tho.

Cords
07-08-2013, 12:25 AM
With a necro Pally, level 20 you should go to Warsilk Woods, Giant fort. Now I normally wouldn't recommend this at 20 because 25 is standard, but a necromancer can take that fort solo. There is a small hill that you can sit at with no chance of pathers inside the fort. Unless its camped there are allot of giants, and they repop fast.

If you go to Befallen, make sure to look up the map, and who drops keys, or you will be stuck. Unrest is a great undead zone, but be careful of trains, and adds. Probably the fastest exp at your level.

Have fun, and let us know what you do, and how it goes.

Cheers
Cords.

xcyberpeenixx
07-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Great, thanks again for the helpful advice. I will probably check out Unrest and see how it is since its a safer journey and hopefully groups will come a bit easier than in Warsilk. But I will try that giant fort.

Befallen is always on my radar and I will pop my head in every once in a while to see if there are any groups.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again, the advice is really appreciate!