PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Religion

adament1824
07-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just started playing again and made an gnome enchanter with religion brell serilis and Im at lvl 11 at the moment. Im wondering if it was a huge mistake that I did not choose agnostic after reading one of the enchanter guides about illusions not working if you chose a religion. Is stein of moggok the only quest that I would not be able to do really? Is it worth it to just remake my character ?

I wanted to add that this is my first character in 5 years since I played. I have no higher levels to help PL or for money.

Thanks!

Lojik
07-02-2013, 12:46 AM
It's probably not a big deal. I can't imagine Brell would make you KOS in a lot of places. I think the only reason to go agnostic is that you won't have a religion hit in any city, therefore you can buy/sell in any city. Probably not worth you rerolling over as your first char.

Sollix
07-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Tough call. Agnostic is the way to go for sure, but I imagine it took you a bit of time to hit 11 on your first character. This may prevent you from visiting a couple of the more evil cities, but outside of that you shouldn't see any major repercussions.

Growlers
07-03-2013, 11:38 AM
I would reroll just because agnostic is what I prefer for ench, I wouldn't want to regret it later. I did just reroll my 26 ench to go all Cha though, so I enjoy pain.

Raavak
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Only reason I see to be agnostic is to do Stein of Moggok quest or something.

Anborn
07-04-2013, 01:05 AM
I made the same mistake with my first character here last month, chose a High Elf Enchanter with Karana as a deity. Around the same point as you are now, I realized how that might come back to hurt me. I decided it wasn't worth it to start over, so I've kept going.

I'm up to 23 now and haven't had any problems. I did the Stein of Moggok quest with no issues. I've been able to buy my enchantment spells in Neriak with no problems. So far the only place I've found myself KoS is in the warrior guild in Oggok. Everywhere else there I am indifferent with dark elf illusion and amiable with ogre illusion. I can sell and bank there and Neriak without worry. Haven't tried going to Grobb yet.

~Anborn

Swish
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I think it depends on the deity involved. Karana is one of those deities that I imagine makes you apprehensive/dubious in a lot of places but not kos in any city as long as you have the city's corresponding illusion on... to the point where you can bank and trade at least.

Pick a deity like Cazic Thule or Tunare though and you're more likely than not limiting yourself to half the cities.

p-niner
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Bertoxx gnomes should be ok in all evil good cities including outpost but not cabillis.

Agnostic ench imo so u can illusion into every city without diety mod.

Growlers
07-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I made the same mistake with my first character here last month, chose a High Elf Enchanter with Karana as a deity. Around the same point as you are now, I realized how that might come back to hurt me. I decided it wasn't worth it to start over, so I've kept going.

I'm up to 23 now and haven't had any problems. I did the Stein of Moggok quest with no issues. I've been able to buy my enchantment spells in Neriak with no problems. So far the only place I've found myself KoS is in the warrior guild in Oggok. Everywhere else there I am indifferent with dark elf illusion and amiable with ogre illusion. I can sell and bank there and Neriak without worry. Haven't tried going to Grobb yet.

~Anborn

You might be KoS in Cab even with Ikky illusion on, but whatever.

Vermicelli
07-09-2013, 01:35 AM
I similarly chose to follow Brell when I began. While under illusion, the only places I have found ready enemies was in the evil outpost at the Overthere, the Oggok warrior guild, and in Cabilis. Even with the appropriate illusions and while the mobs were under the effect of Alliance, I was still KoS at the outpost and in Cab, though I was able to get my worker sledgemallet by charming the undead foreman, so that's no biggie. On the flipside, I can run around the Firiona Vie outpost in iksar form. Feels good to be good ;)