PDA

View Full Version : Feign Death-HandIn

coffin_aoe
07-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Hey there,

i looted "a tarnished bronze key" off of the priest of najena in unrest for the quest "the mystic cloak".

i tried to hand the key to linara parlone in najena jail cells. i FDed outside the cell and handed the key in but nothing happened. unfortunately i only have screenshots of my position, not the actual handin (key in "give"-window), which i enclosed.

did i do anything wrong? expected to get a "a sealed letter" to progress in the quest.

Rooj
07-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I always hear about people turning in things while FD and it not working. I'm going to gamble that FD turn in doesn't work. Sneak turn in does for sure though.

coffin_aoe
07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
I always hear about people turning in things while FD and it not working. I'm going to gamble that FD turn in doesn't work. Sneak turn in does for sure though.

guess i found it

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53845&highlight=feign+death+quest

Lojik
07-01-2013, 08:45 AM
maybe have someone charm her or invis you after you open trade window (not fded of course)

fastboy21
07-01-2013, 09:15 AM
just curious...since aggro works by ticks here, could you FD and do hand in after you stand up but before the aggro tick?

of course, there is no way of knowing when the aggro tick is going to happen so it would be a craps shoot depending on how fast you could turn the item in.

Reguiy
07-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Just did this with epic......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqg_-wXnuU

diplo
07-01-2013, 09:49 AM
for an easier alternative and to help with faction, buy a shit-ton of batwings at one of the huts in EC by WC zoneline, then do the batwing quest in Felwith FD'ed. Once your faction isn't KOS you can do the whole quest easier.

Striiker
07-01-2013, 10:16 AM
One possibility is to FD behind the NPC and then open the hand-in window. Sneak and stand up. Click to hand in. This may help. I do a similar thing in SolA with the Goblin Merchant. I can't open a Sell window with him while FD so I FD behind, Sneak, stand up and open merchant window and immediately FD (since he turns around to face you typically). My thought is that if you have the hand-in window open already and stand while sneaking, you are indifferent. The hand-in may work. I'd test this with a lesser quest first.

Estu
07-01-2013, 10:55 AM
My experience is that FD is useless for quest turn-ins (except just to get behind the NPC to sneak). You can hand in quests while sneaking just fine, and the NPCs never turn around as a result, as far as I've seen (I've done several quests this way). They WILL turn around if you say anything to them.

Nirgon
07-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Get an earth ele potion from the CT maze. One of the roamers near the wiz portal can be the clay golem.

This was one of my first things to camp when red launched btw:

earth ele potion for cloak turn in, then mask he drops also for +5mr (sorry pals, no overflooded EC tunnel of items at the time).

Tite camp on a fresh box, most people are too scared to try to solo in there and too newb to know about the early benefits.

Estu
07-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Get an earth ele potion from the CT maze. One of the roamers near the wiz portal can be the clay golem.

This was one of my first things to camp when red launched btw:

earth ele potion for cloak turn in, then mask he drops also for +5mr (sorry pals, no overflooded EC tunnel of items at the time).

Tite camp on a fresh box, most people are too scared to try to solo in there and too newb to know about the early benefits.

Man, I had no idea that item existed. That's fucking clutch for faction work. Thanks for the tip! Too bad you have to be level 50 to use it, though.

Nirgon
07-01-2013, 02:40 PM
To be sure I did the part in felwithe invisible (you need someone ELSE to invis you with item in the trade window, hell have them invis you, put it in npc trade, invis again then hit trade) and I think the mob was green to me at the time so he didn't aggro (I think in classic he should have, but I digress).

The Erudin part is what required the earth ele illusion, invis would not do the trick there.