PDA

View Full Version : No Video in Nek Help!

Jumjum
06-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Everytime I zone into Nek Forest one of two things happen. I am either underground or the screen is a dark grey. I can see other peoples characters in the nothingness and run away but they are all over the screen. Other people tell me they can see me just standing there. Is there anything I can do to fix this short of a fresh install just because I had a hell of a time getting this game and installing the patches as I cannot find the link that gets me to the DL of th EQ EMU updater I usually have to patch myself. Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated please.

Sithel1988
06-30-2013, 01:19 PM
literally took me 5 seconds using google....... thats google.com

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36854

Sithel1988
06-30-2013, 01:20 PM
http://moestaverne.com/

Jumjum
06-30-2013, 01:29 PM
So I am guessing ur suggestion is fresh install then use launcher to update?

Ektar
06-30-2013, 01:34 PM
fresh titanium install.

follow getting started guide on left of homepage (which probably includes my step 1)

Swish
06-30-2013, 02:30 PM
The launcher should fix it (file check followed by adapting those problem zones) without the need to do a clean install, shouldn't it?

Somekid123
06-30-2013, 04:02 PM
Just download the proper file no need to reinstall

Reubin
07-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Actually you just need to delete the nektulosa.eqg file in your Everquest directory. Back it up before you do (just in case) but once you delete the file and restart EQ it will be re-created the next time you log into Nektulous and you'll have classic NEK. You'll probably have to do the same thing for Lavastorm. That one is called lavastorm.eqg.

Gaxx
07-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Actually you just need to delete the nektulosa.eqg file in your Everquest directory. Back it up before you do (just in case) but once you delete the file and restart EQ it will be re-created the next time you log into Nektulous and you'll have classic NEK. You'll probably have to do the same thing for Lavastorm. That one is called lavastorm.eqg.

This. I had to do this yesterday and just renamed it to nektulosa.eqg.old and it worked fine.

Raavak
07-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, you need the new zone file. The one that comes with the client has the Underfoot junk in it that had to be removed. I've reinstalled a couple times and forgot to download these new files and was always "wtf" until I realized I skipped a step.

Atmas
07-01-2013, 06:15 PM

Follow this advice.