PDA

View Full Version : Dalnir - Crescent Gear

ripwind
06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
How often do people group in / farm Dalnir? Does anyone do it pretty regularly?

I have a monk (L12) I was thinking about running out to collect some rotting Crescent armor (Once she can FD, most likely), but if I recall this place is a bit out of the way and was pretty inactive on live whenever I went there. My monk is decked out mostly in mesh from my Upper Guk escapades, and could use the upgrades if they're just rotting.

Thanks!

khanable
06-24-2013, 02:36 PM
In order;

not frequently,
leaning towards no,
you are correct

Vexenu
06-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Dalnir is a "Bring Your Own Group" dungeon here. It's also a fairly dangerous and difficult dungeon for its level range, in addition to being quite out of the way, which means most people don't bother. In other words, your chances of easily collecting some rotting Crescent armor are not good. Getting down to the third floor would be difficult for you even with help, because the goo mobs see through invis and nukes will break your FD.

Basically, the only way it's likely to happen is if you are able to tag along with a group from the zone-in, or have someone 55+ clear out the dungeon and farm Sarnaks for you.

Even worse, the best pieces of Crescent (Robe, Pants, Shoes) are quite rare. I probably spent 10-12 hours farming Sarnaks there with my Necro (with my monk camped nearby) and in that time saw 2 Robes, 0 Pants and 1 pair of shoes. So even if you were able to get help, it's not like you just walk in naked and walk out with a full set of Crescent an hour later.

ripwind
06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, screw that, then!

RevengeofGio
06-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Yep major failing of EQ is that they have dungeons off the beaten path with little incentive to play in.

They needed to ask themselves are each dungeon "Why would someone go here?"

Basically Dalnir *should* have had better gear drops and a better ZEM.

diplo
06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Dalnir is a "Bring Your Own Group" dungeon here. It's also a fairly dangerous and difficult dungeon for its level range, in addition to being quite out of the way, which means most people don't bother. In other words, your chances of easily collecting some rotting Crescent armor are not good. Getting down to the third floor would be difficult for you even with help, because the goo mobs see through invis and nukes will break your FD.

Basically, the only way it's likely to happen is if you are able to tag along with a group from the zone-in, or have someone 55+ clear out the dungeon and farm Sarnaks for you.

Even worse, the best pieces of Crescent (Robe, Pants, Shoes) are quite rare. I probably spent 10-12 hours farming Sarnaks there with my Necro (with my monk camped nearby) and in that time saw 2 Robes, 0 Pants and 1 pair of shoes. So even if you were able to get help, it's not like you just walk in naked and walk out with a full set of Crescent an hour later.

that's just pretty terrible luck. i spent like 2 hours there and saw multiple drops before i finally got some shoes.

this user was banned
06-24-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the boots are about the only thing worth getting from there, maybe the gloves too. Just come back and grab them at 50+

Vexenu
06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
that's just pretty terrible luck. i spent like 2 hours there and saw multiple drops before i finally got some shoes.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/063/Picture_2_c.jpg

TarukShmaruk
06-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Dalnirs problem is:

It's out of the way for anyone who isn't an iksar bound in can
It has too many caster and harm touching mobs
Mob density is high requiring CC
People are too chicken shit to try cool dungeons like dalnir/ nurga/droga (maybe they should keep buffing the zem)

That said Mistmoore is hugely popular which is awesome because most live servers only had a group or two there in the low 20s

SpartanEQ
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM
I was exp'ing at giant fort and saw another monk. I asked if he wanted to go to Dalnir and he said "of course." We kept asking others until we had a group. We went, got stuff, was fun.

Just gotta ask when you get in the high 20's/low 30's. Make it happen. :)

Nordenwatch
06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I ran a service at one point where i PLed in dalnir and also got monks their crescent gear. If theres enough interest I might bring it back, but in my experience the pants are the rarest and best crescent piece.

I would usually be able to get a monk in full crescent in less than 2 hours... all things considered its not THAT rare.

TarukShmaruk
06-24-2013, 04:57 PM
I was exp'ing at giant fort and saw another monk. I asked if he wanted to go to Dalnir and he said "of course." We kept asking others until we had a group. We went, got stuff, was fun.

Just gotta ask when you get in the high 20's/low 30's. Make it happen. :)

I had no such luck - tried to get a group going there multiple times, even just pinging people in the level range that were on kunark, and everyone was afraid.

Sarkhan
06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
How often do people group in / farm Dalnir? Does anyone do it pretty regularly?

I have a monk (L12) I was thinking about running out to collect some rotting Crescent armor (Once she can FD, most likely), but if I recall this place is a bit out of the way and was pretty inactive on live whenever I went there. My monk is decked out mostly in mesh from my Upper Guk escapades, and could use the upgrades if they're just rotting.

Thanks!

I really don't get on lately, but if you see me online on Tiek, send me a tell and if I'm not busy I'll take you for a run through Dalnir to see if we can get you a drop or two :-)