PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

Kiriakis
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
After 10 years or so since playing on live...

Hey y'all! Figured i'd come in and say hello, new P99 player here. Looking forward to re-live and maybe create some new EQ-memories ;)

Now on to my questions...

I have no clue what class to roll. I'm a melee kinda guy at heart, but figured i'll make a caster as my first toon since i got zero gear (plus twinking melee's are half the fun right :D)
I'm deciding between Chanter/Sham/Necro. Love necro's, only bad thing is if i ever got bored of soloing. Heard there's tons of shammies around, will it be hard to find a group/duo as one at higher lvl? What about Chanters?

Also how does pet xp mechanics works, how much % of total dmg do you have to deal yourself to get full xp? Can a Chanter just use charmed-pet to beat up mobs then finish off with a nuke and recieve full xp?

Shoutout to all old Tunare players!

// Chicatzu female ikky monk - Tunare

Cippofra
06-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Monks have amazing gear for pp you can easily get with a few HQ bear pelts. By the time you're level 20 you can have gear that will easily take you to 50. They can solo, plus you have the bonus of playing the greatest class to ever exist in any game (with the exception of maybe a holy paladin in WoW pvp. That was some fun shit).

Sarius
06-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Necro is always a good choice for a first char, Mage a little better IMO. Pets eat 50% cup if they do more than 50% of the damage, but both classes can solo with very little down time. The advantage of rolling one of these two classes first is that neither is very gear dependant and can farm well at higher levels.

Shortened
06-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Hello, whichever you decide to roll, let me know!! I came back into the game last week and am a 15 druid. I'll be happy to give you money for spells, sow ya, or bind ya wherever! hit me up in game. Name is Shortened. :)

Kiriakis
06-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Monks have amazing gear for pp you can easily get with a few HQ bear pelts. By the time you're level 20 you can have gear that will easily take you to 50.

Hmm, all i remember from live was soloing as monk without Fungus tunic was really mediocre. I pretty much grouped only from 20-50+ back then. Something different here or?

They can solo, plus you have the bonus of playing the greatest class to ever exist in any game (with the exception of maybe a holy paladin in WoW pvp. That was some fun shit).

Shockadin was awesome ;)

Necro is always a good choice for a first char, Mage a little better IMO. Pets eat 50% cup if they do more than 50% of the damage, but both classes can solo with very little down time. The advantage of rolling one of these two classes first is that neither is very gear dependant and can farm well at higher levels.

Played mage before, don't like em' :(

Hello, whichever you decide to roll, let me know!! I came back into the game last week and am a 15 druid. I'll be happy to give you money for spells, sow ya, or bind ya wherever! hit me up in game. Name is Shortened. :)

Will do! :)

Hex
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
NOTHING BEATS HOLY PALY PVP! PERIOD!