PDA

View Full Version : Buff order on charmed pets

Something'Witty
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
So I play a chanter on 99red and am trying to figure out how to bury charm so it won't get immediately dispelled in PvP. I figure the easiest way to do this would be to first charm the NPC (no tash), then buff it, then cancel charm, then tash it, then recharm. That would make the buff / debuff order: 1) Tash, 2) buffs, 3) charm.

So I have some questions:

1) Do charmed NPCs maintain their buff / debuff order after charm is broken? I assume the answer is yes.

2) Other then the Bracer of the Hidden, are their any other items that are targetable insta / short cast time clicky buffs?

3) Anyone else have any ideas on how to bury charm?

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments.

dhoushi
06-19-2013, 11:48 PM
Don't understand why you want tash first on list, I'd want that buried with charm, mobs without tash break out of charm at significantly higher rates in my experience. Trash buffs should be last imo.

Something'Witty
06-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Don't understand why you want tash first on list, I'd want that buried with charm, mobs without tash break out of charm at significantly higher rates in my experience. Trash buffs should be last imo.

Well, since tash takes a cure PR and can't be dispelled it doesn't really matter where it lands per se, except that I was thinking tash could take the place of charm so that charm is buried. Burying junk buffs would be serve no purpose, unless you are saying that dispelling NPCs goes in the reverse order (i.e., newest buffs first) then dispelling PCs (i.e., oldest buffs first), but I am 99% sure that is not the case.

big league chew
06-20-2013, 09:33 AM
pell order on npc same as pc, your brainstorm in original post is right
bluebies just dont understand

Giraffe
11-24-2013, 07:23 AM
3) Anyone else have any ideas on how to bury charm?

Something along these lines could work:

1- Root
2- Weakness
3- DoT
4- Charm

You might wan to use short duration debuffs/DoT. Once the pet is free of them, charm will be sitting in the 4th slot. Now you can buff with:

1- See-invis
2- Strength
3- Haste

Any dispells cast on your charmed mob will first need to go through the first three buffs.

I hope that gives you enough ideas to play with and come up with a solution that works for your needs.