PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Cleric Leveling Grouping / Solo

Hex
06-19-2013, 12:10 PM
I posted something similar to this in the Priest forums the other day, and didn't get any response. Basically right now I'm lvl 21, and parked in Unrest, grouping for exp. Around what level should I be leaving, and where should I be heading.

Also, I have a lot of play time, and sadly, there's not always a group somewhere, so just wondering, if there was a leveling scheme / path, for a solo Cleric.

Would love to hook up with a high level, high knowledge / skill Cleric in game, and pick your brain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

agdros
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
level 24. Get Dismiss Undead.
For solo, Go to Rathe mnts. Just south of the RM/Ferrott zoneline there is a huge stationary Giant Skeleton surrounded by a bunch of green skels. He is on a 6 min timer. Nuke, root, nuke, nuke, nuke.. done. med up and repeat.

level 29. Get Wrath.
For solo, Go to Innothue Swamp. Find Dark Deathsinger. Nuke, root, nuke nuke nuke nuke... done. med up and repeat. 6 min timer.
You can also Go to Ferrott and kill Drizda Tunesinger, but she is a bit stronger and you may not have enough mana yet. Be cautious.

level 34. Get Force
There is a female wizard in the gypsy camp in RM. I forget the name, but you need to be ready to Stun her as she casts or she will nuke you to death.. have all 3 stuns loaded plus root and nuke. Nuke, stun, Nuke, stun, root (if needed), Nuke, stun, Nuke.. and she should be running away at that point... nuke or melee as needed.

You should be able to go from 24 to 39 on this path. Time may be an issue.. this is not the fastest method, but its generally safe. No siginificant loot will be gained, but you can log in anytime.. kill one of these static spawns.. then go do something else on another account or whatever.. come back and do it again..

On non-hell levels, each kill is atleast 2% exp. 3 to 5 hours perl level.
Watch a movie or something while your doing this.

Nocte
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
I stayed in Unrest (the basement is nice) until about 24, then I moved to Mistmoore and Sol A. For soloing an evil cleric, the guards in Paineel are awesome to root/nuke without faction loss (FWIW, this is supposed to be some kind of secret thing, but everyone seems to know about it, so I don't want to hear any cries about letting a cat out of the bag). The lowest guards are around level 20, so they're ideal, but if you screw up, there's no where to run and you pretty much have to take a death. Depending on where you're bound, this might be a dealbreaker.

Harrison'sNewName
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=132

Hex
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Thank you all for the quick responses. Will definitely have to go check it out!

Swish
06-19-2013, 02:31 PM
I stayed in Unrest (the basement is nice) until about 24, then I moved to Mistmoore and Sol A. For soloing an evil cleric, the guards in Paineel are awesome to root/nuke without faction loss (FWIW, this is supposed to be some kind of secret thing, but everyone seems to know about it, so I don't want to hear any cries about letting a cat out of the bag). The lowest guards are around level 20, so they're ideal, but if you screw up, there's no where to run and you pretty much have to take a death. Depending on where you're bound, this might be a dealbreaker.

Well, unless you're an evil erudite you're not getting a key to Paineel (requires amiable with the guards). I think dwarves/gnomes/halflings can sneak in there somehow but I don't know about dark elves. If you try it and it works, post here :)

Nocte
06-19-2013, 02:32 PM
My dark elf has a key.

Swish
06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
My dark elf has a key.

Did you grind faction? Unless something was changed my faction wasn't high enough as standard :(

Nocte
06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
I've had it for years. I just asked the guard for a key. Didn't need to work on faction.

edit: Nevermind. I have had a key from before this (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17093&highlight=paineel) patch.

xCry0x
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
From 20-28 ish I floated between MM & Unrest, then i headed to frontier mountains and did giant fort to 35 at which point I gravitated much more towards duo/trio as opposed to full groups.

I hear you though, sometimes getting groups can suck then other days you have people sending you tells asking if you want to join them without even having lfg up.

If you can put up with cleric soloing then power to you, personally I found it to be a horrible experience due to how one dimensional the class's offensive abilities are.

Once you get superior healing you really start pulling away in healing capabilities so groups will start to want you more.