PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 10ish Iksar (or anyone around Kurns) to attempt a new PL strategy with

tacite
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM
As we all well know, bards can PL the everliving crap out of any class that has a PBAoE or unlimited target AoE. However, I think I may have found a method to get our melee friends in on this choo choo train of levelling, atleast at a lower level - I am looking for a low level Iksar (or anyone around Kurns that CAN NOT PBAoE) around 10 that would be willing to try this PL method with me, sometime in the late evening, when Kurns is empty. You may die horribly, I'm not sure if this will work, but if it is successful, I expect you'll end the night at about level 18. The cost to you is nothing, but if you wish to repay me for the item used in this technique, the cost was 400pp (obviously there is no charge if we fail miserably, and the repayment is entirely optional).

Send me a PM if you're interested, it will either be tonight or tomorrow night EST!

Sarius
06-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Are you just gonna get a bunch of mobs and double DS yourself with Kivas Pots and song?

zanderklocke
06-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Pull all the mobs, AE snare them. Make sure they aren't runners. Have melee hit each mob once or have a potion that does a PBAOE on all of them. Use your damage shield songs/clickies. Boom PL complete. Works in Kurns and Befallen really well.

tacite
06-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Are you just gonna get a bunch of mobs and double DS yourself with Kivas Pots and song?

Not quite, but a damage shield is involved - if the technique works I would be more than happy to share it with the p99 world.

also hi Zanderr <3

enr4ged
06-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Pull all the mobs, AE snare them. Make sure they aren't runners. Have melee hit each mob once or have a potion that does a PBAOE on all of them. Use your damage shield songs/clickies. Boom PL complete. Works in Kurns and Befallen really well.

Yeah I used this method in Befallen quite a bit. Only problem is trying to hold aggro as a shaman. It seems heal is usually successful at getting threat on almost all mobs in the train but some seem to want to attack whatever they want.

Kiwaukee
06-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey Tacite!

We talked about this a few days ago in Blackburrow, while you were working on your Enchanter. I'm always willing to throw my alts into the action if you're still looking for a partner to test with. I've got both a bard and a ranger at level 10. I'll shoot you a tell later tonight.

xCry0x
06-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Ah I mean, if you twist my arm I guess I can log my lvl 14 necro on in kurns .. =P

tacite
06-21-2013, 02:30 AM
Alright, so the conclusion of this test is that it is possible, but not necessarily advised or financially feasible.

The idea here is to use multiple Oils of Fennin Ro to give a non-PBAoE class an (expensive) instant PBAoE. It worked beautifully in Kurns using the damage shield and sit method, but I think it could also work doing OT kiting, if you chose to invest in enough potions. They are not lore so they are self-rechargable, and with 4 or 5 potions you could get a warrior to PBAoE a full Capi-sized pull down and still have one in the bank to recharge with. That said, it would take a fair bit of money to PL this way (and a druid or monk PL might be less expensive), but it seems like a fun project for anyone who wants to skyrocket an alt quickly.