http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2129912.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2255330.stm

Some things never change.

pasi
06-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Buncha givlers in SR.

Swish
06-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Use of the word "bottleneck" was interesting, you're right... still high demand for dragon pixels :p

getsome
06-18-2013, 06:15 PM
RF spawned twice in 4 hours two days ago. Cleric epics should be entering the server at two per week tops, and usually one per week.

Having RF up basically every day is an abortion to the cleric epic of classic eq.

spoils
06-18-2013, 06:36 PM
RF spawned twice in 4 hours two days ago. Cleric epics should be entering the server at two per week tops, and usually one per week.

Having RF up basically every day is an abortion to the cleric epic of classic eq.

lol @ how many "Wts cleric epic mq"...

jus sayin...

btw wts 17 cleric with epic...lulz. no i r srs.

Swish
06-18-2013, 06:43 PM

Think of those poor guys who don't want to do it themselves though, why...they'd have to pay 150k+ ? :(

http://i.imgur.com/sAn6gPy.jpg

Ele
06-18-2013, 06:50 PM

If you have something to report, make a bug report or add on to one of these.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60446

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65798

getsome
06-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Feb 13, 2002

http://www.mobhunter.com/mobhunter_archive/1190646841.html

** Quest Related **

- Made adjustments to the Whistling Fists quest
- Reduced the spawn time of the Zordak Ragefire in SoldungB. He will now reappear every 24 hours
- Repaired some problems with the Luclin Owlbear Dart and Vah Shir Runed Totem quests

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html

Quest Related:

Made adjustments to the Whistling Fists quest.
Reduced the spawn time of the Zordak Ragefire in SoldungB. He will now reappear every 24 hours.
Repaired some problems with the Luclin Owlbear Dart and Vah Shir Runed Totem quests.

August 23, 2002

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7079

The following is a message to Guides/GMs from Brenlo, head of Customer Service, SOE regarding the post at pub23.ezboard.com/fgraffe...9860.topic

------------
Brenlo wrote:
This did in fact occur at my direction. It is not a change in policy but rather a single case exception. Please inform anyone that questions regarding this issue that it was not the norm and that Ragefire is being reworked to try to solve these community issues.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Everquest Customer Service Manager
Sony Online Entertainment
------------

So yes, the Xev respawning of Rage for each of the clerics contesting the spawn did in fact happen and the above message from Brenlo also tells us of an upcoming change to the spawn.

Edited by: JustWatchingYou at: 8/23/02 5:48:10 pm

Sep 4, 2002

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html

Quests:

There is a fellow named Moltak in Sol Temple. Killing him gives a negative faction adjustment with the True Spirit faction. BUT, if you have a very, very bad faction with True Spirit, killing him will also reset your faction to a more tolerable level. So don't mess with this fellow unless folks on the True Spirit faction are willing to kill you on sight.

Made some modifications to the faction effects of the Wizard Epic quest.

A powerful warder has been seen in the Skyfire Mountains. Those who seek retribution against Ragefire would be wise to speak to her, she may be able to provide information about his whereabouts.

SupaflyIRL
06-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Buncha givlers in SR.

getsome
06-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately the Ragefire dragon only respawns every few days and the timer that triggers its re-appearance is re-started when the Everquest servers are taken offline for maintenance.

Life in Everquest is a struggle
"Clerics are also one of the most common characters at the high-end of the game," said player Jeremiah Kristal, "so you have a significant percentage of the characters all competing for a single, three to five day spawn."

Swish
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
$10 says Getsome wouldn't have posted this before he got his epic ;)

getsome
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
lol, i got the first one, you want to send me a $10 cookie.

Swish
06-19-2013, 04:03 AM
lol, i got the first one, you want to send me a $10 cookie.

You did, I'll make a commemorative plaque - but still, you wouldn't have enjoyed the 72 hour window so much I'm sure :)

Swish
06-19-2013, 04:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mDgIjTv.jpg

Et voila!

Messianic
06-19-2013, 04:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mDgIjTv.jpg

Et voila!

pharmakos
06-19-2013, 05:16 AM
grats kriven :)

Swish
06-19-2013, 05:36 AM
grats kriven :)

Yep, managed to finish my cleric epic tonight... however the spawn timer is just fine as it is, no need to be tinkering around lol. Separate "thank you" thread incoming.

getsome
06-19-2013, 08:44 AM
You did, I'll make a commemorative plaque - but still, you wouldn't have enjoyed the 72 hour window so much I'm sure :)

Lucky it was only 46 hours for me and only two pearls were on the server. I would like the plaque located on the ledge in Solb.

Gratz on your cleric epic.

Rhambuk
06-19-2013, 08:57 AM
Must have been a very boring day in the world for this to be considered news. nothing against the op just stupid that real world news broadcasters consider this to be informative/on topic with anything going on in the world...

Ele
06-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Feb 13, 2002

http://www.mobhunter.com/mobhunter_archive/1190646841.html

** Quest Related **

- Made adjustments to the Whistling Fists quest
- Reduced the spawn time of the Zordak Ragefire in SoldungB. He will now reappear every 24 hours
- Repaired some problems with the Luclin Owlbear Dart and Vah Shir Runed Totem quests

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html

Quest Related:

Made adjustments to the Whistling Fists quest.
Reduced the spawn time of the Zordak Ragefire in SoldungB. He will now reappear every 24 hours.
Repaired some problems with the Luclin Owlbear Dart and Vah Shir Runed Totem quests.

August 23, 2002

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7079

The following is a message to Guides/GMs from Brenlo, head of Customer Service, SOE regarding the post at pub23.ezboard.com/fgraffe...9860.topic

------------
Brenlo wrote:
This did in fact occur at my direction. It is not a change in policy but rather a single case exception. Please inform anyone that questions regarding this issue that it was not the norm and that Ragefire is being reworked to try to solve these community issues.

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Everquest Customer Service Manager
Sony Online Entertainment
------------

So yes, the Xev respawning of Rage for each of the clerics contesting the spawn did in fact happen and the above message from Brenlo also tells us of an upcoming change to the spawn.

Edited by: JustWatchingYou at: 8/23/02 5:48:10 pm

Sep 4, 2002

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020904.html

Quests:

There is a fellow named Moltak in Sol Temple. Killing him gives a negative faction adjustment with the True Spirit faction. BUT, if you have a very, very bad faction with True Spirit, killing him will also reset your faction to a more tolerable level. So don't mess with this fellow unless folks on the True Spirit faction are willing to kill you on sight.

Made some modifications to the faction effects of the Wizard Epic quest.

A powerful warder has been seen in the Skyfire Mountains. Those who seek retribution against Ragefire would be wise to speak to her, she may be able to provide information about his whereabouts.

Except none of your links or information is relevant to the version of Zordak Ragefire that we have and should always have on Project1999.

The above links regarding Zordak Ragefire (human merchant) after he was moved to the Fire Giant castle on January 23, 2002 and the human/dragon version that was in Skyfire Mountains (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9322&highlight=ragefire+skyfire), but before the Skyfire Pearl shard farming change later in September 2002. There were also numerous issues (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4828&highlight=ragefire+respawn+patch&page=4) with broken spawn timers (http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9324&highlight=ragefire+skyfire) and lack of spawning after the devs patched in the new versions of Ragefire (merchant-SolB and human/dragon-Skyfire), which resulted in the above noted February 13, 2002 patch ~3 weeks later.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2002-1.html

------------------------------
January 23, 2002 3:00 am
------------------------------

*** Patch Information ***

** Quests **

- Ragefire portion of the Cleric Epic quest has been changed. Please
see the Developer's Corner on our web site for more details

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4828

Normally this isn't something I'd do. But, well, I'm going to outline the changes we're making to this quest in rather close detail. But first, let me try to explain the concern that players had with this quest.
With arguably the most popular Epic Quest item, the Cleric trying to gain his Epic item usually finds plenty of people to help in the process. Clerics are commonly the first in line with guilds to help with their epic quests. So Clerics tend to get further in their epic quest faster than many others. This has lead to a very nasty 'bottleneck' for Clerics trying to complete the quest. The Ragefire portion of the quest has been creating a lot of static among players.

So we have decided to make a change to the end portion of this quest. To reduce confusion and to help people understand why we're making this change, I'm going to give out a few specific details. These changes will go Live with the patch tonight.

For those that are not interested in quest details, consider the rest of this post SPOILER INFORMATION:

First, the 'merchant' version of Zordak will now appear at a different location in SoldungB. He will appear once each day (except after a server comes down, then he will spawn in one to three days). The appearance of this NPC will no longer require the absence of Lord Nagafen.

The cleric still turns in his Shimmering Pearl to Zordak. But now the merchant Zordak will return a Swirling Pearl to the Cleric and disappear.

At that point the Cleric will need to head out and look for him. A killable version of Zordak will appear independent of the pearl turn-in every few days (except after a server goes down, then he will appear a little faster). Killing Zordak will transform him into dragon form, and the Cleric (with help?) must kill him immediately.

The new dragon Zordak will drop a heart that is a container that requires the Swirling Pearl to be combined in it to create the Heart that is turned in to Omat.

The rest of the quest remains the same.

The goal of these changes is to reduce the problems with the bottleneck that existed before. They will not remove that bottleneck, but hopefully will remove the nasty competition for a single spawn with so many people willing to be? rude to each other.

Alan

getsome
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
I disagree, the feb 13 patch notes states the spawn time was reduced. you quoted a message from alan from jan 22 stating that he was setting the spawn time of once per day. I interpret the feb 13 patch notes to reinforce what he stated. They moved the spawn location on jan 22 and then subsequently reduced the respawn time on feb 13.

The broken spawn timers you reference in your two posts, talk about the SF version. ( back to back posts in the first link say working as intended in solb and one person sayings its broke, but SF having a borked spawn time is supported by all.)

posted 01-29-2002 11:37 AM

Bumluc wrote:
Any idea when this will be implemented the way you've posted? SolB Zordak is on a 1-3 day timer, and the other is not spawning. This has been confirmed (though unintentionally) by GMs.

Soon.

The second Zordak is indeed broken. We'll have him fixed as soon as we can.

Alan

the posts in the same thread you quoted talk about 3-4 day camps of RF in solb.

I don't really have a horse in this race, I just want an accurate representation of classic eq. Along with all the research you did on this topic, did you also play during this era? If so does your research support your recollection of how RF was spawning during this time period? I remember RF being a huge pain in the ass. While my server may not have killed Nagy within 15 minutes of repop, it definitely was dead within 8 hours of spawning. (thanks to our European and Korean guilds that managed the night shift).

If the cleric epic functioned on live during classic as it does on P99, I do not think you would see the shear amount of butt hurt that has been posted about this epic.

Anyways those my two cents, I remember things differently.

This is good news to me.
I didn't have the time nor desire to spend 3 or 4 RL days in SolB just waiting for Zordak to pop.
So I'll head over to SolA or Lake Rathe and start camping

But hey i put my 180 hours in to get my epic im glad that should be the end of that hell.
Thats 3 attempts 50+ first 70+ second and 78 on the final first two the zone or servers crashed

So, now instead of 1 cleric doing a 1-3 day camp of a mob that spawns in a STATIC place with a chance of being steamrolled by another guild, you have every cleric in Skyfire camping a mob that spawns in a random place (probably a wanderer) and are almost guaranteed to get steamrolled by another guild. How is this a GOOD change?!

------------------
Lifeheart
56 Templar of Innoruuk
Povar

[This message has been edited by Lifeheart (edited 01-23-2002).]

Swish
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Must have been a very boring day in the world for this to be considered news. nothing against the op just stupid that real world news broadcasters consider this to be informative/on topic with anything going on in the world...

EQ news was probably the last thing i'd expect to find on BBC news lol

Ele
06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
You are still talking about a Zordak Ragefire that doesn't and won't appear on P99 (Post-Luclin). The original posts linking contemporaneous (September 2000 -> End of Velious) evidence in the other thread address the Ragefire as it appears on this server.

I disagree, the feb 13 patch notes states the spawn time was reduced. you quoted a message from alan from jan 22 stating that he was setting the spawn time of once per day. I interpret the feb 13 patch notes to reinforce what he stated. They moved the spawn location on jan 22 and then subsequently reduced the respawn time on feb 13.

The broken spawn timers you reference in your two posts, talk about the SF version. ( back to back posts in the first link say working as intended in solb and one person sayings its broke, but SF having a borked spawn time is supported by all.)

posted 01-29-2002 11:37 AM

Bumluc wrote:
Any idea when this will be implemented the way you've posted? SolB Zordak is on a 1-3 day timer, and the other is not spawning. This has been confirmed (though unintentionally) by GMs.

Soon.

The second Zordak is indeed broken. We'll have him fixed as soon as we can.

Alan

the posts in the same thread you quoted talk about 3-4 day camps of RF in solb.

I don't really have a horse in this race, I just want an accurate representation of classic eq. Along with all the research you did on this topic, did you also play during this era? If so does your research support your recollection of how RF was spawning during this time period? I remember RF being a huge pain in the ass. While my server may not have killed Nagy within 15 minutes of repop, it definitely was dead within 8 hours of spawning. (thanks to our European and Korean guilds that managed the night shift).

If the cleric epic functioned on live during classic as it does on P99, I do not think you would see the shear amount of butt hurt that has been posted about this epic.

Anyways those my two cents, I remember things differently.

This is good news to me.
I didn't have the time nor desire to spend 3 or 4 RL days in SolB just waiting for Zordak to pop.
So I'll head over to SolA or Lake Rathe and start camping

But hey i put my 180 hours in to get my epic im glad that should be the end of that hell.
Thats 3 attempts 50+ first 70+ second and 78 on the final first two the zone or servers crashed

So, now instead of 1 cleric doing a 1-3 day camp of a mob that spawns in a STATIC place with a chance of being steamrolled by another guild, you have every cleric in Skyfire camping a mob that spawns in a random place (probably a wanderer) and are almost guaranteed to get steamrolled by another guild. How is this a GOOD change?!

------------------
Lifeheart
56 Templar of Innoruuk
Povar

[This message has been edited by Lifeheart (edited 01-23-2002).]

getsome
06-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Did you play classic? I was referencing a patch note made 3 weeks after the jan 22 change.

Spitty
06-19-2013, 05:23 PM
EQ news was probably the last thing i'd expect to find on BBC news lol

EQ made the news a couple of times - eBay/plat sales being a giant economy with a massive GDP was one. Someone offed themselves over something that was painted as being vaguely EQ-related, and that made the papers. Some addiction research papers singled out EQ and the results were widely published and debated.

Playing EQ a decade ago and reading the news was a little like having a relative who was put in jail for tax evasion and hung themselves with a pair of boxers. Sure, you're kinda connected to the headlines in some way, but you don't exactly call your parents or bring in a clipping of the Sunday Times to show-n-tell.

Ele
06-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Did you play classic? I was referencing a patch note made 3 weeks after the jan 22 change.

Yes, I played EQ 1999 through Planes of Power. What relevance does that add to the fact that you are using sources concerning a different version of Zordak Ragefire that we will never experience during the proposed P99 timeline?

There are numerous contemporaneous quotes cited in the two pre-existing Zordak Ragefire bug threads that contradict your original assertion ("Cleric epics should be entering the server at two per week tops, and usually one per week. Having RF up basically every day is an abortion to the cleric epic of classic eq."). Your original assertion also does not account for the more frequent server downs experienced on live, which would reset the Zordak Ragefire timer since it only ran when Nagafen was not up. The non-classic variance on Nagafen also plays into more Zordak Ragefires entering P99, than in classic. If SolB experienced more classic resets, the 0-72 hour Zordak Ragefire window would be in play more often than the averaged ~24 hour window.

pharmakos
06-19-2013, 05:57 PM
i see what you're saying Ele. the patch notes that getsome is posting refer to the post-revamp/Luclin-era version of Ragefire. your EQClerics forum link, dated January 2002, proves that.

getsome is likely right imo, but the 2002 patch notes he posted aren't actually conclusive evidence since they are referring to changes in the post-revamp version of Ragefire.

more research needed, i suppose.

Ele
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
i see what you're saying Ele. the patch notes that getsome is posting refer to the post-revamp/Luclin-era version of Ragefire. your EQClerics forum link, dated January 2002, proves that.

getsome is likely right imo, but the 2002 patch notes he posted aren't actually conclusive evidence since they are referring to changes in the post-revamp version of Ragefire.

more research needed, i suppose.

My original thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60446) 1 week after Epics released addressed the fact that multiple Zordak Ragefires should be spawning after each Nagafen. At the time and for the first 7 weeks of epics, the server saw less than one Ragefire per week (due to Nagafen going into his late window of up to 9 days a couple times and only one Ragefire spawning per Nagafen). The result of the original thread was a patch for multiple Ragefires per Nagafen.

0-3 day window and multiple spawns are possible per Naggy, pending update.

The original thread includes a multitude of sources some indicating that Ragefire spawned numerous times within a several day period and sometimes just a few hours after Nagafen died.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60446

This thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65798)by the original Beverage addressed the frequency of the N+1 Zordak Ragefire spawns (each one after the first RF after a Nagafen until the next Nagafen spawn). Resulting in:
It was forgotten. Right now it's just a repeating 0-72 hour window. Pending update, the window will shorten to an average 23 hours after the first spawn, but there's still going to be variance.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65798

Clark
06-20-2013, 03:48 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2129912.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2255330.stm

Some things never change.

lol