PDA

View Full Version : Root resist issue.

Kylenorr
06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,

I've been having an issue where whites and blues are resisting my Ensnaring Roots like 95% of the time. Rhinos, Succulents, Sarnaks, Chickens, everything. I casted it 17 times in one kite and it resisted 16... the one that landed lasted about 10 seconds.

any suggestions? Just don't fight there? I remember OT being easy in Live.

Thanks

Jenithia
06-17-2013, 10:33 PM
I'd ragequit.

Khaleesi
06-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Is it only this consistent on OT mobs?

Furinex
06-18-2013, 07:11 AM
I can vouch for this. I think it's OT... However it could be that level range. Regardless... I've gotten some mobs that resist 18/20 roots.

Silent
06-18-2013, 07:21 AM
kunark mobs always seem to be tougher then old world mobs no matter same level/class, some mobs seem to have pretty tough resists too like tigers for instance. I can't say I have ever had any issue rooting them though, Other spells that are MR though for sure they resist more often then most. I think the whole kunark mobs harder then old world has already been proven, but OT mobs def resist more then other kunark mobs their level.

Messianic
06-18-2013, 08:29 AM
You need to collect specific #'s on specific mobs. I seem to remember succulents resisting roots like crazy in general. Other mobs typically won't, but anything within a level or two of you will have a much higher resist %. Blues are not equal. The more levels you have over a mob, the stickier your roots will be.

webrunner5
06-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Yeah root pretty much sucks on here at times. Ensnare seems to work pretty good. But it will wear off on average before mob is dead if you cast it right away. Duration is not too long.

Kylenorr
06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I will just try another zone... OT seems to be pretty annoying for now (until like 34 then i can charm kill)

Hex
06-18-2013, 12:02 PM
You ever tried to Snare a Rhino IRL?

Atmas
06-18-2013, 12:11 PM
I specifically remember having root/snare issues for the little time I spent in OT. In general on this server I have always felt resists are too high. It was especially painful in the high 30s low 40s region.

Messianic
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
My necro spent most of his time soloing in OT from 34-40. I didn't find resists to be any more burdensome than any other zone across all mob types, as long as I stuck to low blues.

However, when my Ranger was soloing WW Giants and occasionally went to sell at the Iksar Vendor in the lower level area of OT, I found snaring/rooting succulents to be an absolute pain in the butt. Everything else was entirely fine.

That's why I say provide the specific mobs and the number of resists for each.

Bubbles
06-18-2013, 01:49 PM
You ever tried to Snare a Rhino IRL?

Heh.

cliveceps
06-18-2013, 03:47 PM
It's harder to root succulents because they are a plant and plants already have roots, therefore it is harder to attach roots to something that already has roots.

(broscience)

Scior
06-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Having soloed 33 to almost 38 so far as a necro the rundown is like this. Maybe 1 resist per mob, snare/Fear/DoT equally. Then one out of 10-12 mobs, doesn't matter if it is a succulent or cocatrice, or tiger or rhino, about 1 out of 10-12 mobs will resist everything. I will literally burn an entire bar of mana trying to fear or snare or land a dot, and just simply cannot. I have counted upwards of 13 resists in a row, frequently these mobs are in the average or 7-10 resists depending on what I try to cast on them. BTW I am only reffering to blue con mobs.

kaev
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Having soloed 33 to almost 38 so far as a necro the rundown is like this. Maybe 1 resist per mob, snare/Fear/DoT equally. Then one out of 10-12 mobs, doesn't matter if it is a succulent or cocatrice, or tiger or rhino, about 1 out of 10-12 mobs will resist everything. I will literally burn an entire bar of mana trying to fear or snare or land a dot, and just simply cannot. I have counted upwards of 13 resists in a row, frequently these mobs are in the average or 7-10 resists depending on what I try to cast on them. BTW I am only reffering to blue con mobs.

The pseudo-random number generator here on p99 is very "special". Streaks of silliness, both good and bad, happen with amazing frequency. This helps tradeskillers, if you're ready for it can get string of skill-ups with successes at expensive low odds combines. It totally sucks trying to solo a class like Warrior, the fight you win with that lucky streak of crips is worth only a tiny fraction of the XP you lose on the fight where you stop hitting the mob when it's at 40% and you go from 90% to dead with nothing but red for melee spam. Likewise, given the low chance of a fizzle on any given cast, the frequency with which you get 2, 3, or even more consecutive fizzles is absurd.

As for resists, overall it seems v similar to what I remember of live. Vs. high blues it's risky to rely on root, vs. even/yellow the risk becomes severe. If you must rely on root, either restrict yourself to low blues or bring an enchanter buddy to tash the mobs.

Sarius
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
I found this weirdness for melee last night. I was soloing a red con picklaw warrior and I had to FD when I was at 9% and he was at 60% (after a successful mend). I tried the same exact mob 7 minutes later and killed him with 50% health left without burning mend. I think that max hit and encounter variability are a little odd.

Kylenorr
06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I think the best bet for me is come back in 2-3 levels. High blues is just not worth it right now. Any suggestions for 30 druid doing root/rot technique?

place that is...

Sarius
06-18-2013, 06:17 PM
I always loved SK. The Aviak Avocets and Harriers should still be good zip as well as the Gnolls at the spires. You could also try to solo in Splitpaw up to the double doors, I this there are only two double spawns that need to be split. HH Keep top floor goblins or guards would be a possibility with a nice ZEM. I think kedge entrance trash might be around level 30 also, but that is a riskier bet. The WW giant fort ad brute caves might be worth checking out too.

Leddy
06-18-2013, 09:37 PM
At level 36 I've had issues with Ensnaring Roots on mobs in OT.
Ensnare works 90% of the time though.

Messianic
06-18-2013, 10:20 PM
I think the best bet for me is come back in 2-3 levels. High blues is just not worth it right now. Any suggestions for 30 druid doing root/rot technique?

place that is...

Giant Skels in Rathe mts. My wizard did them up to 34. Some will light blue out at 32 and more at 33, but it's still good exp. You can also do WW Forest Giants...Not sure how difficult they'll be for you at 30. Been a long time since I fought them. Chance for a forest loop, tho...

Alternatively, group in HK and kill gobbos or group in MM...

fuark
06-18-2013, 10:56 PM
It's harder to root succulents because they are a plant and plants already have roots, therefore it is harder to attach roots to something that already has roots.

(broscience)

lol miscer detected

jelly of clives biceps

William_Munny15
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
I liked going down to the snake pit in paw, nothing see's invis so you can just invis and drop into the pond. There's a little ledge with non aggro Hiding gnolls to pull them up on and root. At 34 with the new charm spell you can charm kill the snakes for great exp, the mod in paw is great

webrunner5
06-19-2013, 10:32 AM
I liked going down to the snake pit in paw, nothing see's invis so you can just invis and drop into the pond. There's a little ledge with non aggro Hiding gnolls to pull them up on and root. At 34 with the new charm spell you can charm kill the snakes for great exp, the mod in paw is great

Yeah that works and the gnolls at the spires in SK will take you to level 36. 35 is a hell level from hell. Best done solo I think. You will get 1% a kill solo there. You will slit your throat in a group. :eek: