PDA

View Full Version : what is Cazic Thule like on project 1999?

HitMePat
06-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey guys. I just rolled a bard 2 days ago on p1999 after a 7-8 year hiatus. I'm real excited to get back into EQ and re visit some of my old favorite grind spots and such. Which brings me to my question: is the temple of CT a level 25-35ish kinda zone like it originally was? Or does it have the upgraded high level mobs like EQ live has? I can remember if that update came before or after Ruins of Kunark. And that was always my favorite zone.

Ele
06-17-2013, 09:24 PM
original cazic thule zone, rubicite no long drops though.

HitMePat
06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Well I guess I'm only about 20% disappointed then. Do groups form there spontaneously at all or is it always empty?

The Situation
06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Always empty.

Trazic
06-17-2013, 09:43 PM
I grouped there once but it is definitely a BYOG situation.

boudicca
06-18-2013, 04:02 AM
From what people type on the forum, the typical pug can't handle the purported weird warping and healing through walls. So as Trazic says, BYOG.

Brandonian10
06-18-2013, 05:15 AM
It's empty for the most part. Went in there with a shammy friend for the totemic helm quest.. never saw anyone else while we were there, but the zone itself is in its original form and quite tough to handle.

I think groups do occasionally go in though... I remember getting a couple random invites to come to CT when i was leveling in that range. It would probably be easier to just form your own group.

Mappo Runt
06-18-2013, 08:43 AM
I have done the gators in the well area at 28-32 in a group and it was nice XP, but you do need a solid group for most areas.

TarukShmaruk
06-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Part of the problem with CT is that tons of mobs are clerics and we don't have the NPC mana nerf yet.

So they hit like warriors, nuke like wizard mobs of their level, and then spam heal themselves with greater healing for about 5 minutes.

It's highly obnoxious. And the greenie cleric mobs will heal through walls too.

Khaleesi
06-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Part of the problem with CT is that tons of mobs are clerics and we don't have the NPC mana nerf yet.

So they hit like warriors, nuke like wizard mobs of their level, and then spam heal themselves with greater healing for about 5 minutes.

It's highly obnoxious. And the greenie cleric mobs will heal through walls too.

Wasn't there a guide floating around with attached maps, indicating where to camp, pull and what to avoid?

I remember the issue of through wall healing and mention of how to avoid it somewhat.

Swish
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
There's better places to be unless you're camping SK armor quest parts or something.

TarukShmaruk
06-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Wasn't there a guide floating around with attached maps, indicating where to camp, pull and what to avoid?

I remember the issue of through wall healing and mention of how to avoid it somewhat.

That's just part of it, though. The NPCs having 4x the mana pool of a player is the real issue.

It also suffers from the weird level ranges where you'll run into a bunch of nasty reds amidst the blue/white camp you might be doing.

The place has a pretty decent ZEM and gators are good XP.

Droog007
06-18-2013, 11:46 AM
One of the better designed zones in the game, certainly. Looks beautiful, lots of hidden-ish passages and dark underbellies. Two(!) pyramids swarming with fanatical lizardmen. AND it has the happy meal version of the coolest looking deity in the game.

Too bad for all the cleric mobs with all their mana... because EQ players like things easy. /rolleyes

The PC population just needs to hit a modest critical mass before wall healing becomes a non-issue. Or strap on MR gear, pull smart, use stuns.... and profit.

nilbog
06-18-2013, 11:48 AM
the typical pug can't handle the purported weird warping

Alunova (pathing developer) has corrected some of these issues for the next patch. Anything known should be bug reported to ensure a fix is coming. You may use the new 'Pathing' prefix in bug report creation.