PDA

View Full Version : Neriak faction

Faerie
06-17-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm looking for ways to raise my faction here, particularly with the int casters and the merchants in the cleric guild. What factions are these dark elves on, and will the red wine quest cover them? My gnome would like to buy cleric spells but the merchants (and the cleric GMs, but they don't matter) are all dubious. And for some reason, the int casters are all kos :/

It's not easy being gnome :(

tacite
06-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Red Wine will not help you with any guilds in Neriak, it only boosts dreadguard outer and inner (guards inside and outside Neriak) and dark bargainers, which are the generic merchants.

Faerie
06-17-2013, 02:12 AM
I'll try the wine quest in a sec to see if it helps, but does anyone know if this sort of merchant:

http://wiki.project1999.org/Friz_Punox

is on Dark Bargainer faction, or not?

Faerie
06-17-2013, 02:38 AM
And why is the guard Kszan Punox threateningly when all the other guards are dubious or better? He keeps trying to kill me as I make my way to the library for wine quest :P

Faerie
06-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Wine helped with the merchants that already sold to me, doh :P

And the guards don't seem to have changed, which is weird.

Kagatob
06-17-2013, 03:12 AM
Did you max all 3 factions? On my bard I maxed Dark Bargainers well before either dreadguard.

Faerie
06-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Just maxed Dark Bargainers. The others are just guards, right? Guards already non-kos, and until faction assist for pvp is implemented I don't think i need that any higher.

NachtMystium
06-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Wine helped with the merchants that already sold to me, doh :P

And the guards don't seem to have changed, which is weird.

guards will take quite a bit more red wine turn ins, but it will raise, slowly but surely. Guilds however are a different story. Not so easy.

Mainly all you'll be able to raise is guards/merchants, turn in like 8 bags worth after youre warmly to merchants to get good with dread guard

Messianic
06-17-2013, 08:28 AM
And why is the guard Kszan Punox threateningly when all the other guards are dubious or better? He keeps trying to kill me as I make my way to the library for wine quest :P

He might be on Indigo Brotherhood (warrior guild) faction (turfed by killing CB orcs). One of the Warrior GMs has the last name Punox but a different first name...

Dentalplan
06-17-2013, 09:47 AM

I'm pretty sure the guards in third gate are on a different faction than dreadguard. It's either the cleric guild or the necro guild.

HeallunRumblebelly
06-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Just click your guise. It fixes neriak faction issues.

Droog007
06-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Most merchants will con dubious even if your faction standing with them is deep KOS. Probably done to keep the merchants civil when intruders are present so as not to disrupt commerce with the local PCs.

Example: Cabilis Residents is simple enough to raise, but you won't see your con messages change until you finally dig your way out of scowl/glare/dubious... and that faction, in particular, has a very deep offset that will cause you to question whether anything is really happening.

HeallunRumblebelly
06-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Most merchants will con dubious even if your faction standing with them is deep KOS. Probably done to keep the merchants civil when intruders are present so as not to disrupt commerce with the local PCs.

Example: Cabilis Residents is simple enough to raise, but you won't see your con messages change until you finally dig your way out of scowl/glare/dubious... and that faction, in particular, has a very deep offset that will cause you to question whether anything is really happening.

Yep, just click your guise and hit sneak.

Faerie
06-17-2013, 02:09 PM
There's some useful information here, but just so any evil gnome clerics know:

You start out non-kos to most of Neriak, and the merchants will sell to you (at least those not affiliated with guilds). The mage guild will hate you and there are a few wanderers; the one that kept annoying me when I was lower tends to hang out near the third gate zone. The inner guards (in third gate, like near the cleric guild) start out at dubious, which is lower than the outer guards. The cleric GMs, and the merchants inside the cleric guild, are all dubious, so you can use the GMs but not the merchants. There is a wandering guard that goes from cleric guild entrance to who know where that was threateningly, and I found out last night that he is a SK. I'm assuming the necros and SKs hate me, didn't go that far in to find out. Avoiding this one NPC, you can make it to the library just fine to do the wine quest, but there's not really much of a point to it because it only raises faction with the already non-KoS guards, and the merchants that will sell to you from creation.

So Neriak already doesn't completely hate you, but there doesn't seem to be anything easy you can do to raise faction with the dark elves that do hate you, or won't sell to you.

SCB
06-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Go to Erud's Crossing and mow down Wisps on Wisp Isle (with the Kerrans at the dock). Take stones to SRO Dark Elf camp and turn them in for the "Evil Research" quest. No negative faction hits and huge faction hits throughout Neriak. My High Elf Enchanter who follows Erollisi Marr is not KOS to Dark Elves without using any illusions just because of this quest.