PDA

View Full Version : Do iksars level up in kunark?

RevengeofGio
06-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Just wondering because I'd be rolling a warrior and iksars sound fun :)

(as in do they form groups together down there)

HeallunRumblebelly
06-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Kurns til 15-20 is pretty standard. Tough to beat FOB / Kurns. Beyond that you usually need to make a break for a place like unrest or guk or wherever. LOIO suffers from an unbearably bad ZEM so it's usually pretty desolate, unlike live where people were more about safety and less about ZEMs.

khanable
06-14-2013, 07:23 PM
FoB until 15
Kurns until 20
Outside kurns until like 23
WW until about 35
OT until 42ish
DL yetis (lower level) until 46
DL yetis (higher) until 50

From about 1-40 I was mostly grouped with other iksars.

throw in some COM and KC if you want I guess

Sarkhan
06-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Follow Cucumbers' advice, but do not forget to equip yourself with some Imbued Cabilis Scale armor before heading into battle!

Swish
06-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Follow Cucumbers' advice, but do not forget to equip yourself with some Imbued Cabilis Scale armor before heading into battle!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85138

did he just...?

Gadwen
06-14-2013, 07:47 PM
did he just...?

I think he did....

Sarkhan
06-14-2013, 07:58 PM
I realize i should probably add something more along the lines of OP's question...

Yes, iksars group together and the Field of Bone seems quite a lively place lately with many 1-15s running around. Kurns varies depending on the time of day though, sometimes its full, other times you'll be one of two people in there.

I also definitely recommend hitting up CoM at higher lvls. I have not had any troubles getting into a group almost anytime I head to CoM and have been there from 40-46 so far.

webrunner5
06-14-2013, 08:10 PM
You really need to stay in Fob etc. to train skills as a Warrior. I know of no way to do it otherwise any place else. Leaving FoB with a port is easy, getting back is risky as hell.

Messianic
06-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Kunark is too good to need to leave for a while.

Swish
06-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Well, if grouping didn't dry up there'd be plenty more reason to stay. Not easy work getting grouped in places like WW/FM. Not enough travelling healers, just soloists.

dhoushi
06-14-2013, 09:17 PM
I didn't leave kunark on my iksar until 40. (except for the occasional run to ec tunnel)

Spacebar
06-14-2013, 10:59 PM
I wrote this a bit ago for some monk soloing advice, but I'm sure other classes could use it. Also, WW isn't always bad for grouping, especially at the giant fort (which is the best place to start). Then later you want to hit of the cave entrance to Dalnir cause those things rock the xp.

1-9: Field of Bone - slowly move towards the big skeleton in the middle and even the burnyai (sp?) at the end closer to Kurn's. (always people here)
12-19: Kurn's Tower - Solo random DB's and Whites, stay away from yellows unless you are buffed. Move to upper floors as needed. Might want to stay away from basement without a group due to the casters. (Groups are often in here)
20-29: Warlsiks Wood giant fort just outside of cab west. Great for xp (much better than LOIO imo). Also, you can make some decent cash as a monk there cause a vendor is close. (Giant Fort is also good for finding groups/duos)
29-33: Warslik Wood Skulking Brutes just outside of Dalnir entrance. Amazing xp and they go down super easy. (Might want a healer friend in the lower levels)
33-38/39: Frontier Mountain giant fort.
38/39-40?: Overthere. Lots of ppl in The Overthere. Easy to find a group. Good xp and a chance at a Sarnak Earring of Station from the sarnaks there. And you can build up some faction with overthere for the hammer if you have some weight reduc bags. (oh yeah, and you can solo stuff pretty easily there).
40?-50?: CoM. Nice monk gear, always groups. Easy pulls at front areas, and can likely solo front area i think. Outside zone so jboots will work if you got em.

Again, this was written for a monk, so there might be some things that don't apply for your class.

gotrocks
06-15-2013, 12:46 AM
plenty of groups in kunark for a young iksar. just remember to always help out your iksar brothers and sisters. always. everyone hates us so we have to always help each other!

Also, lake of ill omens ZEM is actually very good. I know it says otherwise on the ZEM list but that list is not accurate. I get fantastic XP there. should give it a shot before you knock it :) especially the explorers at the tower.. best couple lvls ive had on my monk so far.

WW giant fort is frequently overcamped, but the money there is pretty damn good. Made enough there to get some decent gear for my monk alt (probably 2kish total in 5 or so levels, not bad at that lvl)

Lojik
06-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Also, lake of ill omens ZEM is actually very good. I know it says otherwise on the ZEM list but that list is not accurate. I get fantastic XP there. should give it a shot before you knock it :) especially the explorers at the tower.. best couple lvls ive had on my monk so far.

Completely agree with this statement. Went from mid 20's to 31 in no time in loio.

Swish
06-15-2013, 02:51 AM
OK, now try all that on (I'm assuming) a relatively ungeared iksar warrior - you need groups for that. Finding a group in WW is not easy at all.

Nune
06-15-2013, 01:59 PM
^ that. rofl @ your sig btw.

1-15 you should stay in FoB, but after 12ish as awarrior you need to be geared or suffer massive downtimes. 15-30, you should be in unrest. 30-45ish you should be in mistmoore, 45-60 theres lots of places to go. You rolled a tank, not a Necro, you have to be where people group. Kurns never reliably panned out for my lil iksars that couldnt solo well