PDA

View Full Version : Leveling tips and help Necromancer

Vishimtar
06-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Hello all I am a 7th level necromancer a dark elf. I have found that the area is filled up to the brim with greens in the nek forest. Becoming a bit hard to gain levels, and they are so far spread apart. I don't have any good gear, just noobie fodder. I am a returning player from several years ago I played a rogue to 70 and a necro to 39, just looking for some tips to put me into the right direction here. I tried East Commons but the mobs are too far apart and there are lots of dangers trying to fear/snare and all. I can do that but I run out of mana so fast. I was wondering where the best area is to solo at my level or what I should do. I checked out some of the guides but I just don't have the patience for places like North Ro and EC

goshozal
06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Go to the EC tunnel. Get Spirit of Wolf and Clarity. Probably get some free stuff while you're at it, provided you're polite. Stay in EC until 12. It's going to be rough, even with the buffs. Necros are horrible until 12. Just keep getting various buffs and when SoW gets down to ~2 mins use the last of it to ruuuuun back to the tunnel.

At 12, and especially at 16, your options open up nicely. Necros blossom nicely from their teens through 34.

Sarius
06-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately EC is your best bet. Get buffs at the tunnel then own! At lvl 10 you can move on to scarabs and maybe spiders in N ro. At 12 you can dominate befallen and take advantage of the excellent ZEM there.

Asap
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Any character 1-20 just plain sucks ass, just have to bear with it. 20+ is when your character actually starts to develop into the class

roddsteele
06-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Fantastic spot at 7 to 10 is the zombie camp in rhe entrance corner to Nektulos. If a mummy spawn you can ask in zone for a bigger level to kill it. DO NOT try to fight him Unless You are seriously buffed. 3 spawn, 6:40 timer.

gprater
06-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Nek forest at level 7 I think i had a steady diet of bearsw and shadow wolves near the shadowed man pit...several of them. at 8 i worked on that undead. I also found a few different duo partners. 2 necros is a great combo and you lose that pesky pet xp problem that we sometimes have at lower levels. very fast leveling. One snares the other fears, then tap or DoT as needed.

nawcor
06-22-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm in the same spot at 6, no XP with greens and cant kill anything yellow.

Estu
06-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Necros are annoying to play at low levels because you pretty much have to eat the 50% pet EXP penalty, but this does not mean that they are hard to solo. Just get a max-level pet and send it at a dark blue monster. Your pet at that level is very strong relative to the monsters. If you're level 8 or higher, you can heal your pet; if you're lower, you can rely on your pet's own regeneration, which is huge at that level. Use extra mana to throw in a dot or a lifetap every once in a while. Don't bother fearing or kiting. Quick, easy kills.

Thaeryn
06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Once I hit 8 I headed over to steamfont mountains. Get a bind in Gfay. Avoid the guards in SF, of course. Once you zone in, hang left and there's a spot where two pumas spawn fairly regularly. They are easy to kill and give great experience until about 9 - 10. After that, head over to the mino caves (stay away from windmills) and kill rogue clockwork spiders (the big ones). They don't hit too hard and have low HP, so they're easy to kill. The ebon drakes are pretty easy, too, and they drop low lvl gems that can net you quite a few pp when you're done selling them all. These will do you until 12. After that, you can stick around or do the Sisters on Sister Isle in OOT.

The best thing about being a DE / Nec in SF is the minos love you, so you don't have to worry about them. Just watch out for Earth Elementals, they're immune to anything non-magical, and your pet won't be able to touch them.

Also... the merchant at the druid ring in SF will buy / sell to you. No food there, though, so you'll have to ask the locals to keep you in food and drink :)