PDA

View Full Version : High value / low price shaman weapons?

ripwind
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
My 11 Shaman, which I consider my "main", currently has a Goblin Parrying Spear (http://wiki.project1999.org/Goblin_Parrying_Spear). I'm wondering if there are any other decent spear-type weapons that are cheap (50-150pp range?) that I might be able to pick up?

Alternatively, should I think about going 2-handed instead? Or doesn't it matter at this point, since my damage is capped?

Thanks!

-Ripwind

Sarius
06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I think parrying spear is the best 1hp weapon a shaman can use until level 20

Pyrion
06-11-2013, 06:29 AM
You may consider that:
http://wiki.project1999.org/Springwood_Club

ripwind
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Springwood Club looks nice, statwise. I was hoping for something that wasn't using a dumb graphic (Yes, I'm vain). I also have a 8/24 5str 5dex mace that I'm using right now. I may just have to stick with that for a while.

On a side note, I was looking at suggested armor for shaman, and I see a lot of planar gear and totemic armor. However, none of that is Iksar-compatible. Am I going to run into a lot of issues (pre-velious) trying to find Iksar Shaman gear to stay competitive?

Thanks!

gotrocks
06-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Do the iksar shaman scaled mystic armor quests. all of them.

totally worth it and if you have luclin iksar models on it looks like plate =P

ripwind
06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Looks like most of that is 20/30+, but it all looks like reasonably easy stuff to work towards. Just hit 16 last night on my Shaman (Sicca), so I've got some work ahead of me!

On a side note, I went back to Cabilis yesterday to get my L14 spells, which completely drained my funds. On my white-knuckling run back to DL I saw that a wizard named "Sizzle" was offering to port people out. I met him in KC (First time I'd seen that place in 10+ years) and offered him what little money I had left. He declined, and even gave me 150pp in return. It was a pretty great day. :)

Crawdad
06-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey Sicca! I think I saw you on my druid in LFay the other night (Apologetic).

Maybe not specifically Shaman gear, but as a fresh-start Druid, what little I've scratched together is being saved for much the same thing. The druid one worked out for me, so I bet the Shaman one would be good for you:

http://wiki.project1999.org/Shaman#Pre-Planar

While some of the gear is pretty expensive (Gatorhide Leggings), plenty of them are cheap enough for us lowbies (Gold Jasper Earrings).

Be safe!

gotrocks
06-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Looks like most of that is 20/30+, but it all looks like reasonably easy stuff to work towards. Just hit 16 last night on my Shaman (Sicca), so I've got some work ahead of me!

Yes, the scaled mystic stuff is all gear you'll acquire around the 25-30ish mark, but you're actually pretty close. Get it as soon as possible, and feel free to message me on either gotmonk or gotrocks for help if you need it.

the scaled mystic armor is simply the best you can get as an iksar shaman until around lvl 50+, it looks cool, and is so much easier to acquire than the other shaman quest set because all the items are on kunark.

Dont worry about being short on cash for right now, you will absolutely make that money back if you pick the right spots to level. A whole set of mystic scale armor will set you back a few hundred pp (because of the cost of the gems) but by the time you are 25-30 that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Good luck, and message me if you need a hand (on forums or in game), im always, always willing to help my iksar brothers and sisters :)

arsenalpow
06-17-2013, 05:41 AM
Can sit in KC and loot jarsath rots