PDA

View Full Version : Best way to pl a rogue?

spoils
06-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Need some ideas from lvl 1 and on

Tecmos Deception
06-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Necro in oasis or td or dl or a similar zone for like 2 hours and you'll be up near 20, then from there you can do monk or mage for another 10-20 levels. Shaman probably would work as well as either of those once you're 35+ too.

Or you can do the necro to 20 then get involved in the newfangled bard PLing. You might even get to just hide and afk for the vast majority of levels 20-50+.

Woahnelly
06-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I think Druid PL 1-30 would be easiest, where you hit each mob once and they agro DS it down. From 30-50 bard swarm kiting as a duo, where you just finish off fleeing mobs.

r0xx0r
06-09-2013, 02:04 AM
once rogue has the backstab skill any class that can hold agro and stay alive works well- i found wizard with a flux staff is amazing for 10 to 30

Rhambuk
06-09-2013, 02:54 AM
I think Druid PL 1-30 would be easiest, where you hit each mob once and they agro DS it down. From 30-50 bard swarm kiting as a duo, where you just finish off fleeing mobs.

I would do this, except 30-50 id use a monk. monk tank+dps with rog dpsing/backstabbing, mob gets low the monk fd's giving rog full exp. would be crazy fast kills and near no downtime

Silent
06-22-2013, 11:55 PM
30-50 is where a monk FD PL really starts getting good. I took a friends rogue from 28 to 48 in 2 days, I want to say about 7 hours /played total. Hell levels started to suck at 35 40 45, But all the way up to around 46 he was getting 4-6% a kill, I have seen people do similar with necro FD but as an epic monk with fist/sos its so easy to control mob hp whether you want it <20% running or <5% one hit kill. For the low levels like 1-25 I would suggest druid for damage shield/buffs and find some undead mobs that do not run and just do 1pt of damage to each mob.

Other methods like said above, Druid can ensnare pull a bunch of mobs(helps with chloro, even more so with fungi on druid) and DS himself up and keep sitting til the mobs stop attacking <20% they wont move due to ensnare. This only works up to level 35 or so effectively unless the druid is massively hp geared due to any higher level mobs will hurt alot more. I have done this in mistmoore where I ensnare all the entrance mobs and around the corner, thorns/chloro/fungi and just sit til my 35pt DS gets them all under 20%. Bards are another alternative for 30+ in Overthere, Take you to 45+ relatively fast and you don't have to lift a finger(though your skills will take a bit to get up once you start grouping)