PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Lay Hands for Paladin

Majnaurd
10-20-2009, 03:31 PM
A Paladins Lay Hands and I am guessing a Shadow Knights Harm Touch(dont know if theirs is working properly) should come back after he/she dies..
We used to call it "getting your hands back, the HARD way"

Thank you for a wonderful server and for your time,

emubird
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
As I recall, the timer for both of these was changed, because of players exploiting the timer reset to get complete heals in raids. I can't remember when this changed, however. I believe it was changed to a locked timer, even through death and logout.

Majnaurd
10-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I dont know why it would be used for a CH at a higher lvl raids... Only at lower lvls does it heal you completely.. At higher lvls it diminished in the % of hitpoints it would heal... Never really used it that way.. I saved a few chanters and clerics in the grp with it.. and if I got lucky we didnt die because the chanter or cleric was able to pull our bacon from the fire..Then I had to wait for the timer =) np with that.

Lay hands is the INNATE ability of the Paldin..Its what he does...Might as well take regen from Trolls.. or sneak and hide from Rogues... Its who THEY are.. Its what a Paladin is..

girth
10-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry but not being able to refresh a move by dying is not even relate-able to taking away troll regen or sneak/hide from rogues.

That said, if possible I think they should be able to refresh it upon death, as thats how I remember it and I started early Velious.

Majnaurd
10-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes that was an extreme but I still think they are relatable.. Its part of who the character is.. Its the ROLE they play in the game.. thaks for agreeing on the final point though ;)

lapis_lazuli
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
It was changed before Kunark because people would LoH and then get killed in PvP, and it would reset and they'd LoH again. It really made Pallies OP.

Danth
10-21-2009, 08:25 AM
I subscribed and un-subscribed to EQ multiple times throughout the years. As such, my memory of specific nerf/un-nerf timeframes sometimes gets a little hazy. I do recall LOH refreshing on death for the most part.

I do know this with absolute certainty: During summer 2001, LOH would not refresh upon death on PvP servers, but did refresh upon death on "blue" servers. That was the only timeframe when I played on both server types concurrently and the distinction in LOH functionality was important to a Paladin. While 2001 wasn't 1999, it's important because of the reality that LH did not work the same on all servers (confirming a comment another poster made above).

I've not bug reported this issue, however, because it's strictly correct in that it did work in the currently implemented manner on some servers. We have a choice here between two equally valid methods of implementation. I see it more as a choice than a 'bug'. Therefore I do not request such a change (though it'd benefit me since I'm a Paladin).

Danth

Majnaurd
10-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Which is why its posted in Miscellaneous. I never said it was a bug. Its not a pathing problem. Just inputting that LOH isnt working as it should.

Danth
10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Right. It is technically wrong for a 'blue' server, so while I don't request said change, neither do I oppose it.

Greldor
10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Danth,

I agree with your notion about this ability. As a Shadowknight, I recall HT refreshing after death until at least Luclin. I found myself confused as to why HT had not refreshed after my first death on P1999 but I could not immediately recall why I was confused. Later realizing that classic did refresh both LoH and HT after death, I think it should be changed back to the way it was.

Both abilities offer next to no opportunity for exploit on a PvE server primarily due to the exp loss and the limitations of Bind points for mellee classes. At best, they offer Pallys and SKs the opportunity to perform their intended purpose on the original rate of frequency.

I would agree that these abilities, if possible, should revert back to their classic state.

Thanks,

lapis_lazuli
10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
That also explains why I feel it's correct, as I played on Vallon Zek.

I love it when everyone is right. :)

Aeolwind
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I remember using this a couple times in Velious on Dozekar with 18ish in the raid. I'm pretty sure it was still working then. Anyone perused the patch notes to find out when it was changed?

girth
10-21-2009, 05:11 PM
I started in Velious and im 200% positive it was refreshing on death at that time.

Andragore
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I guarantee it was still refreshing on death after the Velious expansion.

Majnaurd
11-09-2009, 09:39 AM
any update on this?

FatMagic
11-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I played in 1999 as a Paladin, and I remember it refreshing upon death.

Gaaaaavin
11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I can't speak for LoH, but Harm Touch certainly refreshes upon death. In fact, when I played in the summer of '08 on the Combine, it was still refreshing upon death. I took advantage of this a few times.

entilza
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
If any exploits are worried maybe just reset the timer offset to 5 minutes?

Droxx
02-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Bump. I know for a fact that LoH and DT both refreshed on death. I searched every patch from launch-2005 without finding a change for it, but I know it refreshed on death. May have been a stealth change?!

Haynar
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
I played an SK for a long amount of time even after PoP. Until you started into advanced AAs to enhance HT, it would refresh on death. Soon as you got AAs to make HT better, at some point they made it not refresh on death. This is still on the list of things to discuss and look into.

Haynar

Droxx
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
I played an SK for a long amount of time even after PoP. Until you started into advanced AAs to enhance HT, it would refresh on death. Soon as you got AAs to make HT better, at some point they made it not refresh on death. This is still on the list of things to discuss and look into.

Haynar

This sounds correct. I look forward to a possible change.

Ektar
04-10-2010, 08:42 AM
bumpy bumpy bumpy bumpy I wanna use loh on a wipe woopwoop!

Finawin
04-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Agreed, not having LoH when you die is pretty painful.

Striiker
04-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Okay, so I wasn't going crazy. I couldn't figure out why lay hands stayed greyed out after death. Looking forward to a fix!

Droxx
05-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Bump

Kainzo
05-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Is this ever going to change?

Haynar
05-16-2010, 11:17 PM
I spent a few hours working on it the other day, and was unable to figure out how to get it working. Its limitations in the client, which I cannot change. I might figure out something still, but not going to hold my breath at this point.

Haynar

Kainzo
05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Makes me sad, this was one of the biggest parts of classic for me.

Thanks for the info / work Haynar.