PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Faydarks Champions

Bard
07-03-2010, 10:51 PM
There seems to be an issue with this faction. As a troll shaman of Innoruuk, I hunted Crushbone orcs (+Emerald Warriors/+Faydarks Champions/+Storm Guard) until I was ally with the Emerald Warriors, but Faydarks Champions remained "scowling" to me. I then turned in muffins to Pandos (+Clerics of Tunare/+Faydarks Champions/+King Tearis Thex/+Soldiers of Tunare) until I was ally with the Clerics of Tunare and Soldiers of Tunare, but the Faydarks Champions remained scowling.

Even if these faction hits to Faydarks Champions were in the smallest increments possible, this faction would have been raised to ally by now. I believe that NPCs on this faction group are not calculating their faction ranks properly, possibly only using default racial modifiers. I notice that in the PEQ database - which may not necessarily apply here - Pandos is in the same faction group as these NPCs (npc_faction_id 222) and he seems to be suffering from the same issue where his con never increases past "scowling" despite having capped all factions from his quest.

I should also mention that faction gains from the Muffin for Pandos quest is set far too high, capping after about a couple backpacks full of muffins. A simple browsing of the Allakhazam discussion suggests that this should require thousands upon thousands of muffins, which is accurate to what I recall from doing this quest as an Iksar monk back during Kunark.

--edit--

I suppose it'd help if I added some example NPCs from this faction. The ranger guildmasters in Kelethin are the most obvious since Faydarks Champions is the Kelethin ranger guild. These include Maesyn Trueshot, Samatansyn Flamecaller, and Dill Fireshine.

mmiles8
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Maxing out a faction doesn't mean you will hit ally, negative penalties for race, class (shouldn't be one in this specific example) and deity will lower the maximum faction level that you will reach even after "your faction standing with xxx could not possibly get any better).

But, you shouldn't still be at scowling either way.

Bard
07-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm almost positive that "cannot get any better" takes race/class/diety modifiers into account such that if the faction cap was, say, 3000, you'd start getting that message once [earned faction] + [modifiers] = 3000. This definitely seems to be true with "cannot get any worse", large negative faction hits aside. If that's not the case, then the cap on faction gained from in-game actions must be set high enough such that you can always reach ally despite any negative race/class/diety modifiers. At least, my experience on live was that my Iksar monk could reach ally with any faction if I chose to grind that high - and with the exception of this bugged faction, this has always been the case on P99 with my troll.

Either way, this does not apply to the faction in question as Faydark's Champions was a simple faction to grind for any race, class, or religion back in classic. I guess it's not really important since these rangers are more or less confined to the rangers guild in Kelethin, but I figured I'd report it.

mmiles8
07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=300&page=1&howmany=50#msg125974194463443847

Here's a rundown of it. But like I said, you shouldn't still be at scowling.

Hurnal
07-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I can confirm that as of 7/20/10 this bug still seems to be in effect. My Gnome Mage (agnostic) has all the factions from the muffin quest capped, but still cons indifferent to Pandos. I have not checked my con on other members of Faydark's Champions, but I will edit when I get a chance to.

I had to drop between 1100 and 1200 muffins, and this does not seem out of line from what I remember.

Droop
07-22-2010, 10:30 AM
My Iksar monk was Ally to them, and the Freeport guards back in Kunark era. I don't remember there being any faction I couldn't hit ally with. Just took awhile.

On a side note, faction gains seem to take a lot longer here I've noticed.

Serin
07-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I can confirm this, his faction messages go to max (to the point where everyone else on their factions show amiable to my gnome necro)

but he still stays at his base faction rating (threatening)

I did, however, notice that there were apparently 2 different factions set up named faydark's champions (from pandos), and faydarkschampions (from CB orcs, continued raising after maxing out on pandos) .. which was weird..

nilbog
07-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I believe I have found the issue with this faction. Should be fixed next patch.