PDA

View Full Version : Starting my Cleric Epic

Nune
06-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Just a few questions I had as this is one of the few Epics I see often.

I will have 0 of the steps MQ'd, so what's a good level to start it if I have intentions of solo'ing what can be done solo?

Am I going to need level 55+'s for all of the fights? Which fights are worse (save SolB, that's the only step I've done Live for our guilds clerics back then) than others? And how many people will I need for which fights, if you could recommend a #?

On "paper" the walkthrough for it on assorted sites makes the quest seem not so bad, are there any tips / helpful advice you could offer on "things" I should know going in?

Thanks in advance pals, I was a necro on Live (on TZ) so doing my epic was a laughable thought when I played during classic. This will be the first epic I ever do in EQ and it's pretty exciting, few things excite me about P99 these days.

Posted this in General, but I have a feeling that since it doesnt pertain to TMO hatred or poopsock accusations, it will be glossed over.

Auvdar
06-02-2013, 11:39 PM
I have never done the cleric epic, but have you looked at the Wiki guide here for it?

http://wiki.project1999.org/Cleric_Epic_Quest

Will probably answer a lot of those questions. Otherwise the only fights I know of that require any real force is the BW and Ragefire.

edit: Sorry and Overking in Chardok. Don't think much else requires any real force. Should be able to start at 46-50.

Aaron
06-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Bergugle and Natasha in Lake Rathe is a hard solo for a cleric too. Best to bring a friend.

Ele
06-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Didn't mention what level you are now, but...

Bergurgle and the fire elemental in Lake Rathe are soloable by a level 60 easy. Bring an EB item and some magic resist gear for the goblins. Also helps to back yourself into a corner to avoid getting pushed and interrupted on your nukes.

Plasmatic Priest can be down with a few mid 50s. duo'd/trio'd easy at 60.

Gimblox just work your way to the throne room and kill the the PH every 16 minutes. Should be fine to solo 50+.

Ixiblat requires a group or more. Easiest thing to do is have the puller kite it while an enchanter and shaman get it tashed and maloed and pre-slowed before bringing it to camp.

Chardok Royals are commonly trio'd or one grouped now days. (at least until invis pulling is nerfed). Need a mini raid if you want to do it straight up.

Ragefire is also duo'd 4-5 times a week by level 60s (either with manastones or donal's breastplates). A single group or two with good resists should be just fine. The biggest thing here is having to camp him since people farming for MQs can turn in and start killing him within 5 minutes of spawn. Little harder to find him up and call a raid together.

fishingme
08-24-2013, 11:13 AM
<--cleric who didnt get the MQ of epic. The only semi-difficult parts were the scroll in chardok(finding people who are doing it and not trying to sell the piece) and ragefire. The rest is all pretty easy.