PDA

View Full Version : To Jboot or not

kuuky
06-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey all I am thinking of rolling a monk as I had one on live and loved playing him. I primarily solo with my druid as I play at weird times and need to go afk quite a bit. I have about 7k in the bank and my question is whether I should invest in weapons and gear or do the jboot(insta-cast if IIRC) mq then slowly gear up. I do not plan on ever raiding or anything like that as I just like to relax and beat things up at my own pace( I am not opposed to grouping however). Being able to FD and go afk is great for my situation and mending would also help me with downtime. I do not see myself ever acquiring a fungi or anything of that caliber. Thanks

Spacebar
06-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Jboots would definitely be money well spent. Another option is to save a little more for an FBSS. Really, those are two of the great things to have as a leveling monk.

As far as weps, as most people will likely recommend, grab a Wu's Quivering Staff for like 150p and don't even worry about upgrading till the 40's (if you even want to). It is by far the best bang for your buck.

Aside from that, just try to keep the gear light and remember to not go over 14 stones. Wu's if you can find anybody to sell it.

Aaron
06-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Buy SoW potions.

Lemiddar
06-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Personally, I'd go with:

Swirlspine Belt (6k, maybe?) although they aren't particularly common.
Wu's Quivering Staff (150-200p)
2 5/55 Rings (500p)
Foreman's Tunic (100p)
White Wolf-hide Cloak (150p)

And then the 50p remaining to get some Cured Silk to fill in slots.

Tecmos Deception
06-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'd say buy some sow pots and use them sparingly, like when you're the puller for your group and no one in group can sow you or something, or if you know you're going to be running for the next 20 minutes to get somewhere, etc, instead of all the time. You can stretch a few hundred plat of sow pots a long ways like that and use your PP to get a wu's quivering staff and some basic ac/hp gear and a WR bag and a crapload of bandages, and still have a few k left over to start saving up for a haste item.

kuuky
06-01-2013, 01:11 PM
all good info thanks for the replies.
I already have
2 - 4/45 rings
foremans tunic
a 65% wr bag

I will forego the jboots and just buy sow pots
and either buy the swirlspine belt (didnt know about this one)
or an fbss and get 2 wus staffs

Cippofra
06-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I think a tinkerer's bag is priority over jboots.