PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find zone file HELP!

tj218
07-02-2010, 12:09 AM
So I was trying to zone into Highpass from Kithicor when I hit the zone line the program crashed with the follow message (see attached) Basically it says

"Everquest cannot find the zone file (square symbol) in the directory that you are currently running Everquest from."

I went back to the game, got to the char select screen and underneath my character "Ardjen" it says "Unknown Zone" I click enter world and EQ crashes and I get the same error message.

I have tried reinstalling EQ (SoF, legal copy) and this keeps happening. PLEASE HELP.

I have the following highpass zone files in my basic EQ directory:

highpass.s3d
highpass_char.s3d
highpass_obj.s3d
highpass_sndbnk.eff
highpass_sounds.eff
highpasshold.mp3
highpass.emt
highpass.eqq
highpasshold.zon
highpasshold_chr
highpassEnvironmentEmitters

At the very least can my character be removed from this abyss and put back into Kithicor? Thanks for any and all help.

Savok
07-02-2010, 12:17 AM
You have the post TSS rebuild files of Highpass from the SoF release and need to delete them and replace with the Titanium versions.

Simplistik
07-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Hell id call that number given in the error box let em know what server you play on and what the issue is ;)

tj218
07-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Still stuck in limbo, even after trying what Savok mentioned.

Any other thoughts?

Can anyone with SoF get this work?

Would a GM please move my char back into Kithicor Forest for the time being? It can just be at the Kith/Highpass zone line that is fine...but please help get my char. out of limbo.

Thanks

Uaellaen
07-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Would a GM please move my char back into Kithicor Forest for the time being?

try to petition, they rarely read these topics here ...

tj218
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Can anyone get into Highpass with SoF? If so, please tell me how.

Are there any other zones besides Highpass that I should avoid while using SoF?

Thanks again

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-04-2010, 08:49 PM
dude, that zone rocks, the unknown zone is the hot zone for p1999.

ShadowWulf
07-04-2010, 09:28 PM
It's an SoF issue? Try overwriting the zonefiles with titanium ones to be sure.

Ill try this oout on my SoD install for shits tonight, I wanted to see how it worked on p99 anyways.

edit: Nix that p99 apparently isnt compatible with SoD at ALL. Black screen on server connect.

Binsfelthakis
07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
This same thing happened to my bard i felt the universe was telling me to stop the addiction of EQClassic but now im determined to get in and play again!!

Anyone have suggestions besides petition I would appreciate it, really ^ ^

also i used SoF as well maybe something to do with that