PDA

View Full Version : Fearkiting... what lvl snare?

jarlerop
05-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Returning to p99 after many years. I seem to remember people using a low level snare while fearkiting to save mana.
To the experienced necros out there: do you use the highest lvl available or the lowest lvl snare spell?
Also, what dots do you usually throw on? I seem to run oom pretty fast (no gear:))

Asap
05-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Use engulfing up until you receive dooming darkness. You dont really need to use any other snare once you get dooming.

Dooming darkness + invoke fear + lich = GG

Tecmos Deception
05-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Dooming darkness + invoke fear + lich = GG

If you want your pet to eat a bunch of xp maybe.

I agree dooming is the best snare to be using though. Darkness resists quite a bit more than your other go-to dots (lifetap line, splurt line, heat blood line I guess? I haven't had a necro in ages), so no point trying to use darkness as a DPS spell; just use dooming for the nice snare %, reasonable duration, and lower mana cost, then use your other dots for damage and send your pet in to do < 50% damage.

Freakish
05-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Dooming Darkness, level 29 snare. The higher level ones just take too much mana and too long to cast. If you really need the damage to out-dps your pet, pull him off or toss in a lifetap or something.

miraculous
05-30-2013, 12:02 PM
How do you tell whether your pet has done 50% of the damage? I am curious to know how you can gauge how many dots/lifetaps you need to drop to do 51%?

Asap
05-30-2013, 01:06 PM
If you want your pet to eat a bunch of xp maybe

I didn't mention other dots since i don't know what level he is.

My typical lineup was to start with lich + Dooming + send pet + invoke fear + Bond of Death + Ignite blood/splurt (depending on what mob I was killing) then sit.

How do you tell whether your pet has done 50% of the damage? I am curious to know how you can gauge how many dots/lifetaps you need to drop to do 51%?

When I kited in a new area, I researched how much HP mobs had, then added up the amount of damage from my dots. I just made sure whatever dots I applied ran the full course to equal at least 50% of the mobs HP. If you see your pet doing too much damage, just back off until you know you've done 50%.

kaos057
06-12-2013, 01:35 PM
pay attention to your pets damage and make sure your dot ticks are doing more than what he does in a 6 second period.