PDA

View Full Version : So I Made A Warrior

brokenhd
05-28-2013, 04:21 AM
Tonight I logged on to the server for the first time, on live I played a monk and loved it, and after reading forums for a while I decided to make a troll warrior. Am I going to have a bad time? I ask because it seems like most people twink out warriors after leveling something else first. I'm new so I'm not familiar with the community but I see that everyone is helpful, for the most part. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! My trolls name is Choxa, thanks in advance!

Tecmos Deception
05-28-2013, 06:35 AM
You'll be ok as long as you're a good player and you work on putting together a friends list of people who like to have you around. Melee are always "harder" as a first character because of their dependence on gear, and warriors often have issues keeping aggro off of twinked (even untwinked?) DPSers even with good gear, but if you go into your warrior knowing that and intent on doing your best to work well as a tank in spite of it... you'll be fine.

I mean, even though melee are rougher untwinked than casters are, there is quite an abundance of low-end gear out there that people give away or sell for cheap. Check out the wiki for camps that you'll be able to solo and that can make you some pp, don't be afraid to kill stuff that doesn't give you xp in order to make some money if you have your eye on some gear, etc.

Estu
05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Make getting a hundred or two hundred plat ASAP for a decent weapon your first priority. Sell bone chips, spiderling silks, HQ bear skins in EC, then do some research on the forums (or wherever) about a good starting aggro weapon for a warrior and seek it out. You will be essentially useless until you are able to hold aggro, and you cannot hold aggro with rusty weapons for more than a few levels.

brokenhd
05-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Awesome! A little reinforcement goes a long way, knowing it will be tough but do able is good to know. I'll keep plugging away!

username17
05-28-2013, 08:53 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Obsidian_Shard is a decent and cheap aggro weapon.
Melee wise it doesn't do a lot of dmg but the proc does a decent job for aggro.

Clark
05-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Made a Troll warrior in early 2010 when there were 50 online a night, and it was brutal. You'll be much better off now because East Commonlands has developed into the server hub. Good items are really cheap now too. Just bind in West Freeport 1-9 EC, 9-11 NRO, 12-17 Oasis. Plenty of nice people in EC to buff you which will make up for lack of gear, just ask nicely and let them know you're grateful.

Peekae
05-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Moar troll warriors.

But yeah its doable and if you make it to 46 you can get a full set of damn good gear from hate / sky alone

Toehammer
05-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Getting 500pp on this server is all you really need to start of a pretty good pre-50 warrior. And it is easy to do.

Bone chips, bat wings, spider silk as a previous poster said. Do it for 5 hours and I bet you can get 500pp in EC. That will get you a sword of skyfire, and maybe green jade broadsword (of course there are alternatives).

At level 15, get two obsidian shards if you are having a tough time holding aggro. Then at 36-40, get a couple of Ykesha items for a few hundred plat each. Those items proc a lot and hold aggro wonderfully. That should keep you well into your 50s.

A simple suit of banded armor or large bronze can be bought in EC for 100-200pp, no need in going into any more detail.

Bottom line: it is super easy to make money on this server even at low levels because there are rich lazy people who pay for things (bat wings, bone chips, silk, etc). The trickle-down economy in EC is awesome, and really good pre-50 weapons/armor are dirt cheap compared with prices from 1999.

Estu
05-31-2013, 09:12 AM
I would not bother selling bat wings since they can be bought at merchants and most people who need them do so.

lecompte
05-31-2013, 12:35 PM
I'lll be home and online in 6 hours at 4PM PST. Send me (lecompte) a message in game or PM me on the forums with your character name and I'll set you up with a weapon or two.

Krycek
06-01-2013, 02:53 AM
I recently rolled a warrior on the server as well, how much do those obsidian shards usually sell for? seem like decent weps, a lot better than rusty ones haha.

Tecmos Deception
06-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Pretty cheap Krycek, like 100pp or less I would think? I believe I've sold them for 50, but not positive. People who are farming in droga get them and will have no need for them, and people who can afford to pay more than that for a newbie weapon will pass on them and buy lamentations or something so they aren't in super high demand.

Estu
06-01-2013, 09:59 AM
I recently rolled a warrior on the server as well, how much do those obsidian shards usually sell for? seem like decent weps, a lot better than rusty ones haha.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Obsidian_Shard

fennixad
06-01-2013, 10:31 AM
send tell "justguildbank" i will donate you some mid gear :)

Krycek
06-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Had someone making me some banded armor when servers went down :(. Did get an obsidian shard and pgt earlier though, not doing too badly. Lovin this server so far, everyone has been awesome.

pharmakos
06-02-2013, 01:27 PM
PGT is an awesome low-end warrior weapon. the rune component of the proc is great.