PDA

View Full Version : Dalnir advice (crescent pants)

Gwenny
05-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Looking to get some crescent pants.

Any good strats for soloing Dalnir as a monk? What's a good level where stuff in there is trivial (keeping in mind that I suck at casters)? Is the 2nd level the best place to fight? Any info would be great.

Frudrura
05-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Dalnir is bat shit. For what its worth, I haven't tried to solo in there, below the 1st floor, as a melee before. As the kly can nuke pretty hard, it would probably be good to have high resists. You wouldn't want to pick up any extra kly or two, have FD fail, or not be able to FD because of the timing of the casting of two kly and then you get hit twice for 300 and your already low on health.

I haven't been to Dalnir for quite a while but I want to say some of the non-named special kly do nuke for 300 or maybe more, someone else can clarify where I am not sure.

Cippofra
05-28-2013, 01:22 AM
As a non twinked monk at 48 I had some trouble in there. The quarters are tight, mobs are close and usually grouped and there are many casters. But with some patience it actually is decent exp

Ennewi
05-28-2013, 01:41 AM
I want to say some of the non-named special kly do nuke for 300 or maybe more

Affirmative. Definitely want to have a chanter and heals present for anything beyond the first floor imo.

Nitholias01
05-28-2013, 11:12 AM
In my experience, efficiency in farming kly for pants begins at level 51 as a monk. Most are light green and will come solo when pulled.

There are two spots that I recommend that will yield the most crescent drops and they are both on the 3rd level. One is the church and it's 100% kly. The other is past the one-way false wall, past the water, but just before Overseer. This area is full of atleast a dozen rooms all with 1, 2, 3, sometimes 4 kly in them.

**also** Don't let anyone convince you that the armor is random, because it's not. The type of kly that you are looking for are the invokers/evokers (cant remember which ones) which is unfortunate because they are wizards >.<

Good luck and bring plenty of bandages.

Gwenny
05-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the advice Nitholias01, worked swimmingly. Got the pants from the church area along with some other crescent pieces.

Nitholias01
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Always glad to help. Feel free to hit me up with any more monkly questions.