PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Leatherfoot Deputy in Nektulos Forest

Insedeel
07-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I was leveling my mage and decided to wander over to the tree stump near the noobie log (across the road) to take a look at the halfling camp and decide whether I should try killing the couple halflings over there since I should have been in level range to take these guys, and I found that there were multiple Leatherfoot Deputies, and Leatherfoot Medics over there in the static spots where the low level halflings (Neophyte Hazel, Neophyte Edel, and I believe 1 or 2 of the initiates typically spawned over there too, but that one i'm not positive on).

In classic the Leatherfood Deputy/Medic was a special type of halfling NPC that acted more like an elite guard to the halfling camps (his path had him wander between the 3 main halfling camps in the zone) and he never was supposed to spawn in the static spots as those were reserved for the lower level versions for people to kill and collect leatherfoot raider skullcaps to turn in for a quest.

Also, I was only level 5 at the time, so it was obvious that the deputy, and medic were red to me, but if you take some time to look into these, I know the level ranges on these guys was HUGE. The deputies/medics ranged from 10-30 for sure (Unfortunately I don't remember if it was anymore than level 30, but I do remember at around the upper 20s they could range from being green to me, to being yellow/red.) So you might just want to take a peak at that while you're at it if it's easy to make sure the correct level range on those are set as well.

If you would be willing to take a look at the static spawn points in nektulos forest and fix this it would be most appreciated because I would definitely like to start on the halflings (vile creatures) and start working on collecting those skullcaps!

If you would like some sort of proof, as much as comments on the mob can be proof you can go here (http://web.archive.org/web/20011125204409/eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=2183) which is the 2001 allas archive on this mob to take a look at the comments where people talk about the wandering deputy.

Thanks for your time Devs, and keep up the great work on this server!

Insedeel
07-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Just to clarify, I went to all of the different halfling camps in nektulos today to scope out each one, and every camp had at least 1 Leatherfoot Deputy in it.

Thanks

mmiles8
07-02-2010, 05:44 AM
I can confirm this as well. Also there was a post a while back about Nek being too difficult of a newbie zone, I made an inky and tested it out. There's a lack of brown bears, decaying skeletons, and moss snakes near the newbie log that was there back in the day, leaving only mobs 2+, with the newbie respawn point all the way over by east commonlands. When I have some more time I can go through and try to recreate from memory and back it up with posts.

I know you all had to essentially recreate Nek Forest's NPC population from scratch, and it's very close, this is mostly just polish, and minor details. Nothing joining a group can't solve currently.

Insedeel
07-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Nothing joining a group can't solve currently.

Except for the fact that the halfling camps are ungroupable right now do to too many deputy spawns because of them ranging from level 10-30. Even a full gruop of 15s, perfect classes wouldn't be able to take out the level 30 deputies. :(

mmiles8
07-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Was just referring to the stuff I mentioned, sorry I wasn't more clear.

Insedeel
07-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Was just referring to the stuff I mentioned, sorry I wasn't more clear.

Ahh, gotcha :) I just didn't want the devs to misinterpret and think that it was fine to leave the deputies because a group could take them. This is more or less making doing ANYTHING with the halflings before level 30 completely worthless cuz of the level range of those stupid deputy mobs. :(