PDA

View Full Version : WQS vs. Trance Stick/CoH?

TheFishyOne
05-25-2013, 09:30 AM
'ey guys.

I'm a 31 Monk with Wu's Quivering Staff. It's awesome, but VERY heavy @ 9 st. I happen to have a pair of trance sticks in the bank, but am currently trying to get a Cane of Harmony to dw with one of my trance sticks, thinking that it would still be effective, but weigh much less. I also figure that with the proc @ 35, it would become roughly equivalent in terms of DPS. Right now, my Dex with WQS is 104, and my dw skill is 212. Do you guys think the combo would work @ 31? 35? Scrap the idea and stay with my WQS? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cippofra
05-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Keep something to keep skills up. Other than that, WQS is so much more dps that you will be hurting your ability to solo if you choose dual wielding over it. WQS is better dps than jm/kd until at least level 40.

jijii
05-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Use wqs. It's pretty much the undisputed champ of value weps. 75% of the effectiveness of a t-staff for 133x LESS cost. It gets boring I know but it's just so good for the $$.

Cippofra
05-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Also, the trance sticks are basically worthless for anything other than some cheap options to keep your 1hb up and perhaps if you actually have to tank. With high dex it could be half decent, but you'd be better off working on the other stats anyway. The procs are just not nearly reliable enough to replace weapons with a 1/2 ratio, and they can't come anywhere close to a WQS