PDA

View Full Version : sk fd splitting

tronmangler
05-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi I have some questions about the subject. It seems every time i try to split, when i get up from fd both all mobs come regardless of how far any mob has pathed. I know cos helps when pulling/splitting/fd. Is it absolutely necessary though? Any pointers would help I never played monk or sk on live so its all new to me. Thanks in advance for the info!

Slowby
05-23-2013, 02:36 PM
I am not sure it if works the same here, but on Live I would always need to wait for the unwanted mobs to return home. For wanderers I recall allowing them to resume their pathing was enough, however I also remember thinking I shaked a roamer with FD and then entires zone erupting from the ground all pissed of at me, so maybe my tactic for roamers was incorrect.

Yaolin
05-23-2013, 03:26 PM
In general stationary mobs need to return to their spawn points to drop aggro and pathers will generally never lose aggro. This was implemented in a patch 2-3 months ago. Before if you FDd got up with sneak on and then dropped sneak you would drop all aggro. Pulling isn't easy mode with FD anymore, but once you figure it out it isn't too hard. I believe there is a small chance, maybe around 10% that your FD will drop all aggro. GL!

thieros
05-23-2013, 04:28 PM
CoS still works as sneak did on live mob's. FD, pop up and CoS quick as possible will work the majority of the time. This does not work with undead mobs though. It's a good way to split mobs.

As far as roamers, that is about the only way to clear mobs. Unfortunately, the roamers once agroed will follow you till you zone even after FD(unless you pop CoS immediately after to clear agro) No other way to clear them, so if you FD and wait 10 minutes, that mofo will still hunt you down from the other side of the zone bringing socialites with em.

tronmangler
05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Is cos farmable solo by a 45 sk? Looking at the wiki page for cos has it with a cast time, is that true as of now? Ah I see nerfed in the late velious era, but possible to solo farm?

raff01
05-31-2013, 12:26 PM
SK FD pulling absolutely sucks prior to Velious where SK's get Deathpeace which has half the cast time and a 3 sec recast instead of 10 seconds.

Menemas
06-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Try using darkness on the mob you want to keep. It will stand on top of you long after the other mobs have wandered away to their spawn points. Also, kill pathing mobs first.

pallius
06-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeah, snare the mob you want so it stays around while rest return home.