PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about Necro "rotation"

duneadx
05-23-2013, 11:36 AM
Hi all-
I was wondering if anyone had a "rinse and repeat" type method of spells that they use on their necros that they find most mana/hp efficient. Lets say hypothetically its a camp where you can single pull a mob your level or dark blue that is a warrior with plenty of room for fear kiting. Is this method similar at high levels as it is with low levels? Do people still let their pets eat the xp at 50+ if there is no undead available to charm?

Tecmos Deception
05-23-2013, 09:20 PM
I doubt anyone will have some magical tool that tells you exactly how to play your necro at any given level for any mob you might find at that level. If you look a little bit though, you'll find a spreadsheet of necro spell efficiencies in this forums section.

I think most 50+ necros keep their pet on a leash enough to make sure they do over half damage personally or use charm and charm breaks to ensure full xp for kills.

duneadx
05-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Ahh okay, thank you tecmos! That was the most important one that you answered :p

Frudrura
05-27-2013, 02:47 PM
I will tell you what I do at 45. I am open to suggestions or "wtf why you do that, thats dumb" since I am not really a veteran by any means. I would actually like to learn a bit to become a more effective xp gainer as shit has been slow at times heh.

Given the sort of open field warrior mob situation, I will typically send in pet, hopefully he stuns with bash, I cast invoke fear (or undead fear if the mob is undead, save mana), snare, asystole, venom of the snake, shadow vortex, and throw in another fear if needed or a lifetap if I am bleeding to death from Call of Bones.

At the moment, I am leveling killing the East Freeport guards near the docks. Since this isn't really an open area, (you didn't ask for this kind of situation but I will still describe as I had a hard time doing this before but I am better at it now, I feel at least) I will use Screaming Terror to pull as this will mez (as long as it doesn't resist, which doesn't happen at level 45 to the guards nearest to the docks and by the Priest of Discord, at least I don't remember it happening) if another guard is within agro radius, he'll come and attack while the other is mezzed. I sick pet on the one that is running to attack me, pet gets agro, I pull pet back with the mob to a safe spot, I root the guard, pull back pet, feign death (as feigning death in this situation with the mezzed guard will drop hate with him when the spell wears off - in this situation we should be far enough from the guards usual agro radius so we don't get proximity agro when the mez fades). I will use boil blood, asystole, venom of the snake, and I still do shadow vortex because (I will be made fun of for this) the AC =P. Honestly it seems to help some but some might say +13 ac won't really help. Anyhow, I do it anyways. If root breaks or root resists, at this level I have Dead Man Floating so I can run across over the water to the other side of the docks and feign death, pet takes beating while I get back up and root the guard. Typically, if the guard gets below 50% or so from my damage alone (no pet) I will send in pet but will back him off if he is getting his ass wooped or has gotten his ass wooped and will make him sit so he regens his health back quicker.

Also, shadow vortex is a very fast casting spell so if you need to tag a mob real quick I have found it to be helpful but there are other options you can consider.

Infectious
05-28-2013, 02:04 PM
I have 54 necro. My method is simple. Dark, fear, dot and then send pet. Once mob hits 20% and stops from the dark and send pet off and let dots take the last 20% of hp. If mob still has hp and dots wear off I finish with pet. I use the lvl 30s fear and snare, always splurt first and then eb. If Im low on hp I will throw in lifetap dot. Necro is easy but once your at a spot and take down a couple mobs you will get the technique down to be most mana effcient. I none stop pull at 54 and never go below about 40% mana.

duneadx
06-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I apologize for the delay on getting back to your responses as I have had a recent loss in my family. Thank you guys for posting your methods, I have tried them both and they have already proven to work well for me!

Kekephee
06-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I always open with snare because it means I can get the shit away from the mob. On the occasion it gets resisted I always take such a beating before I can get fear off.