PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Starting Stats

Vaildez
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
So after trying out a few different lowbie characters I think I am going to try out a Rogue. What starting stats would be best for me if I plan to choose Halfling? I am starting out with zero gear so keep that in mind as well.

Thanks!

Ele
05-22-2013, 10:37 AM
sta

str gear is so easy to come by

Vaildez
05-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Would Halfling be considered to have the best starting stats for a Rogue? I kinda hate the Halfling newbie area as it seems like very few things drop that sell for gold.

Ele
05-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Would Halfling be considered to have the best starting stats for a Rogue?

barbarian is best for rogue stats by far

http://wiki.project1999.org/images/Rogue-stats.png

Before any point allocation, barbarians are up 19 points in Str/Sta over Dwarves and 53 points in str/sta over halflings.

However if you are just starting out Barbs have to make it out of Everfrost, whereas halflings/dwarves have easier access to EC for newbie buffing mania.

Of note is the 5% racial penalty for barbarians and the +10% racial bonus for halflings. Rogues have a class bonus of 9% which works out to overall bonuses of (including racial penalty/bonus):

Barbarian Rogue: +4.55%
Halfling Rogue: +14.55%

Vaildez
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Great thanks! Would stacking Stam still apply going Barb?

I think I will go with Barb since I don't mind Everfrost and it's where I started out in original EQ. It's also kinda nice to have slam off the bat for extra dmg until I can use backstab.

Ele
05-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Sta should still be the way on the barb, since barbs hit the str cap much faster than any of the other races.

Cecily
05-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Sta gives you much less of a return after the 115 mark. I honestly think non dwarven / barbarian rogues should go with a 25 str / 5 sta or 15 str 10 sta distribution.

Being able to hit the 255 str cap is of utmost important for rogues. You won't always have avatar and the extra str makes an incredible difference in full resist gear. As a +25 str rogue, I still can't hit 255 str in MR gear without Primal Essence.

Play what you like and not what's "best". I outlive and outdamage most people as one of the worse choices for rogue. See sig.

pharmakos
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
all STR imo

ideally you won't be getting hit anyway

Cecily
05-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Saying go all STR is just as bad as saying going all STA imo. Barbs / Dwarves should enhance a strength by going sta. I think everyone else should cover a weakness by going mainly if not all STR.

Tiggles
05-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Go all stamina in every race.

Str can be maxed easily with EC gear and a shaman buff so get hitpoints.

gotrocks
05-26-2013, 03:58 AM
human all the way.

its one of the only rogue races youll never get a guise for :D

Faerie
05-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Pick a race for RP/aesthetic reasons, not something silly like stats imo. When spending the points, I would put as many into sta as possible because the extra few hp could keep you alive long enough to get that killshot on a player. Players tend to have low hp when compared with NPCs, and a slight boost in dps should never be taken over extra survivability because you're a burst dps class in pvp anyway.