PDA

View Full Version : New Warrior

Vaildez
05-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Going back to my original EQ class.... I created a Halfling warrior and put all my points into Stam. Was that a mistake? I see a lot of chat on the forums about maxing out Dex.

Thanks

amateur
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
warrior agro here is almost entirely from procs which relies entirely on dex. ultimately the starting points will make little difference but I would suggest stacking dex

Chloroform
05-20-2013, 05:01 PM
warrior agro here is almost entirely from procs which relies entirely on dex. ultimately the starting points will make little difference but I would suggest stacking dex

you sure? a jade mace and lammy on my lvl 40 warrior is pretty solid aggro. idk man idk

odiecat99
05-20-2013, 08:06 PM
warrior agro is pretty tough . I usually spam taunt and try to get weps that proc. At level 20 the sarnak liberator procs, at 30 deadwood staves proc. 37 yak clubs proc, and 40 ssoys proc. 50 for sarnak club I believe and bloodpoints. not sure what silken whip of ensnaring procs at . Any idea on other weapons that proc at earlier levels ?

Buellen
05-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Heya

level 1: whip from najenja proc life tap for 5pts I believe 4 dam 26 delay

Level 1 : Croockstinger from lesser faydark proc weak poison dam 4 delay 24

Level 15: whip of strangulation proc choke dam 6 delay 24

Level 15: Glaive of marltek proc snare dam 5 delay 25

level ??? : Polish Granit tomahawk dam6 delay 26 proc run .

all I could remember right now

Buellen
05-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey Vaildez

Here is something I posted in other thread should help. The linked thread is not my own just some useful information which lead to my three points .

This thread http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61673

Depending on your scenario solo/ duo/ group.

1. solo just go for dps unless you trying to slow / snare mobs.

2. duo : if you partner generates more hate than you are generating with your dps then you may need proc to help hold agro.

3. group : This is where you will more than likely need proc weapons to hold agro as you are more than likely to find people with equal or greater dps agro than you.

Garue Level 34 Half Elf Warrior Karana // Buskier Level 33 Human Cleric Rodcet Nife.

odiecat99
05-20-2013, 08:49 PM
cool, good info. Smoldering Brand also procs a DD rom level 1. forgot about that one ;)

Buellen
05-20-2013, 10:07 PM
yea odicat99 I did 8)

Obsidian shard level 16 proc dam 6 delay 26 proc obsidian shatter decrease ac 6 dam 30.

Vaildez
05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Being brand new to this server and knowing Warriors are very gear dependent... Am I going to have a rough time? I'd like to play a melee class that has some solo ability when i can't find groups...Am I better off going Monk?

Buellen
05-21-2013, 08:43 PM
no you will not

lots of decent weapons are very cheap here. the one comes to mind is sword of skyfire. goes for like 100pp if not free. 10 22 hp 25 cha 5 <?>.

you will not have to worry to much about agro under say 20 and by then you should be able to farm 100pp easy enough hell bandits in karana < goodly races > can lead to a hundred plat in hour or two of farming. you can do them at various camps easy at 15 to 20.

on what to play that is you choice but as always play what will be most entertaining.

YES as a warrior you can solo but make sure you get bandages and YOU WILL HAVE MORE down time than say a monk sk, paladin. Soloing is not ideal but you will end up doing it sadly as their is not always a group to be had. Their is plenty guides on where to level xp etc.

Garue 35 Half elf Warrior Karana / Buskier 33 Human Cleric Rodcet Nife

PS Crook stinger is easily killed at level 9 or 10 his common drop is the crookstinger. not a fantastic weapon but its magical and proc a dot.

Sylexis
05-23-2013, 12:38 PM
I did Fine steel 1-16, dual obsidian shards till ssoy's began to proc and the duo ssoys until Kunark, the only aggro issues I had were rangers with ssoys and of course monks, because they're dps incarnate with just about anything.

Splorf22
05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Aalpha gets it: proc weapons are trash at low levels, because the ones that will proc have horrible ratios. You'll hold aggro way better with a Jade Mace (9/18) than with an Obsidian Shard (6/25 or something equivalently bad). Plus, if you are grouped with a ragebringer rogue they will be tanking anyway, at least with good ratio weapons you'll be doing something useful.

Basically:

0. Sword of Skyfire (50p, 0-20ish)
1. Staff of Battle (800p, 20-)
2. 2x Lamentations/Jade Maces (4-6k, 30-46)
3. Sarnak Warhammer/Silken Whip (10k) starting at L46 when the warhammer will proc
4. Epic/VP (join TMO/FE)

pharmakos
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Being brand new to this server and knowing Warriors are very gear dependent... Am I going to have a rough time? I'd like to play a melee class that has some solo ability when i can't find groups...Am I better off going Monk?

my first character on this server was a warrior. i debated starting a necro first, to farm gear. i ended up having no problem just starting out with a warrior though. i encountered a lot of generous people. apparently they felt bad for me when i was killing crocs in oasis wearing just leather armor and using a rusty weapon. =p i was pretty well geared by the time i hit level 25ish.

Vadd
05-24-2013, 02:56 AM
Painbringer.

pharmakos
05-24-2013, 03:14 AM
painbringer is no-drop

Vadd
05-24-2013, 03:20 AM
painbringer is no-drop

Can still get one at lvl 1.

Bazia
06-03-2013, 02:56 AM
dps holds aggro best proc weapons are for planar trash/gods/dragons with mallets on actual raid targets

only classes that are gonna take aggro from you are rogues (who can evade) or monks (who can fd)

so unless your playing with droolcups a WAR can easily tank with cheap dps weapons like jade mace/lammy/sword of skyfire/staff of battle/etc

worst comes to worst just have someone root the mobs in your group for easy proximity aggro control, honestly between all this info if you can't make a WAR into a viable tank you're just bad at EQ or lazy

pharmakos
06-03-2013, 07:53 PM
worst comes to worst just have someone root the mobs in your group for easy proximity aggro control

both the most effective and the most underused tactic

when a mob is rooted, it just attacks whoever is physically closest to it.